Our client is a GTA leading supplier of specialized, automotive parts and assemblies to the global, automotive OEM market. Due to growth and increased business, they are looking to add a talented Robot Tech to their night shift.
- 5 years experience as a Weld Technician
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology or Technician
- Good working knowledge of the automotive industry & processes would be an asset
- High proficiency at PLC & HMI programming as it pertains to the current Siemens & Allen-Bradley technology is required
- Experience and Certification in one or more programming courses for ABB, Fanuc, Panasonic and Motoman
- Must have excellent hands on programming and troubleshooting knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC (AB500 SLC) and ControlLogix, or CompactLogix.
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of welding
- Working knowledge of Medar controls
- Excellent organizational skills
- Visual basic proficiency as it pertains to OPC connectivity
- Must have MS SQL proficiency
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience installing and commissioning new automated equipment is an asset.
- PLC Logic Analyzing skills
KEY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Your primary responsibility is to design and develop automation control systems using your knowledge of PLC’s, HMI’s, motion control, robotics, electronics, hydraulics and pneumatics. As the system programmer you will also play a key role in the test & debug, installation & commissioning of our custom automation machines.
- Improvement of current PLC programs and electrical systems including: servo drives, and A/C drives
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of electrical/electronic equipment, including: PLC's, servo drives, and A/C drives
- Design and implementation of new electronic technologies
- Work to identify cost improvement opportunities and develop/implement plans.
- Develop & implement process control strategies that direct & lead the facility to world-class process control strategies
- Review, evaluate & complete PLC & HMI programming & related hardware installations on existing capital & major maintenance projects
- Provide technical expertise on plant operations to optimize the production performance parameters (process efficiency, equipment availability, etc.)
- Maintain backups
- Other duties as requested by management.
Contact and Resume Submission
If you feel you are an excellent candidate and have the required skills and experience indicated above, please send your attached resume and any important details to HCR Permanent Search, care of the Recruitment Consultant listed below. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please ensure that you indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject heading. Thank you for your interest.
Indeed - 8 months ago