Reports To: Manager of Process
Start Date: Immediately
HC Piper Manufacturing Inc. was established in 2006. After a long individual successful history Piper Fabrication and HC Process decided to combine forces and create one integrated company. HC Piper Manufacturing Inc. designs and manufactures industrial custom process skids and modules. Our clients include major oil and gas producers, consulting engineers, as well as smaller local companies both in Western Canada and Internationally.
We are seeking a Junior Instrumention Engineer to join us in a 1 month contract role in order to assist with completion of our project. This position can extend pass the 1 month contract depending on the amount of work.
The Junior Instrumentation Engineer position is an analytical and technical role whose main function is to provide design services for instrumentation projects and administrative duties to the Process Group.
The following duties are performed individually, and/or in co-operation with the Process Group and Drafting Group:
- Create I&C engineering documentation including datasheets, P&IDs, and instrument indexes.
- Specify, size and select on the purchasing and installation of instrumentation including electronic and pneumatic transmitters, meter-runs, analyzers, control valves and ESD valves.
- Knowledge and experience applying codes and standards such as CSA, API, ANSI and ISA.
- Interface with a variety of technical & non-technical departments, including but not limited to engineering & design departments, project administrative teams, vendors and skilled trades.
- Participate in vendor drawing & documentation reviews to ensure design accuracy and compliance with specifications, standards and project requirements.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned or directed
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree or Instrumentation Engineering Diploma is required
- Minimum 2 years experience or knowledge in instrumentation
- Excellent reading/writing/oral English language skills
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience using instrumentation sizing/selection software considered an asset
- Registered EIT with APEGA considered an asset
This position is for a manufacturing company. This position will be performed in an office setting with periodic exposure to the manufacturing facility.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HC Piper Manufacturing Inc. was established in 2006. After a long individual successful history Piper Fabrication and HC Process decided to...