The Junior Instrumentation Engineer position is an analytical and technical role whose main function is to provide design services for instrumentation projects and administrative duties to the Process Group.
The following duties are performed individually, and/or in co-operation with the Process Group and Drafting Group:
- Create I&C engineering documentation including datasheets, P&IDs, control narratives, and instrument indexes.
- Specify, size and select on the purchasing and installation of instrumentation including electronic and pneumatic transmitters, meter-runs, analyzers, control valves and ESD valves.
- Knowledge and experience applying codes and standards such as CSA, API, ANSI and ISA.
- Interface with a variety of technical & non-technical departments, including but not limited to engineering & design departments, project administrative teams, vendors and skilled trades.
- Participate in vendor drawing & documentation reviews to ensure design accuracy and compliance with specifications, standards and project requirements.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned or directed
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree or Instrumentation Engineering Diploma is required.
- Excellent reading/writing/oral English language skills
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience or knowledge in instrumentation considered an asset
- Experience using instrumentation sizing/selection software considered an asset
- Registered EIT with APEGA considered an asset
This position is for a manufacturing company. There is no public transportation to the job site. This position will be performed in an office setting with periodic exposure to the manufacturing facility.
HC Piper Manufacturing is a company that can offer growth and opportunity to eager candidates. We operate in a challenging and exciting environment that is constantly striving for quality. We offer a competitive compensation package to our employees.
HC Piper Manufacturing is a designer and manufacturer of industrial custom process skids and modules located in Calgary, Alberta. Our clients include the major oil and gas producers and consulting engineers, as well as smaller local companies.
We have a fully equipped fabrication facility complete with overhead cranes and modern equipment, B pressure welders, pipe fitters, structural steel fabricators, 24hr shift capability. Field operations are also available.