HC Piper Manufacturing Inc. is the industry leader in Engineering, Design and Fabrication of complex process and specialists in Vapour Recovery Units built around liquid ring compressor technology. Thanks to seamless integration between Fabrication, Design and Engineering we are able to create and deliver VRU’s and High Specification Process Modules that exceed customer expectations, on time and on budget, from our Calgary locations.
Our great benefits include:
- Competitive base pay
- Excellent medical benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RSP Contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation days
- Fun work environment
The Business Development Engineer position is an analytical and technical role whose main function is to provide front end technical bid evaluation for new and existing clients.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Develop technical bids for potential opportunities, including: pricing, design for bids etc.
- Analyze existing and potential markets to identify and secure business development opportunities
- Establish and maintain a customer relations management database
- Conduct competitive product analysis and market research to develop roadmap and sales strategy to secure new business
- Maintain strong relationship with customers for future business growth
- Work with internal teams to achieve targeted business goals
- Coordinate with business development manager in problem solving, resourcing and budgeting activities
- Reviewing customer requirements, specifications and procedures
- Generating technical sales proposals and contracts (Statement of Work, Service Proposals)
- Develop good customer relationship by personal visits, phone calls, follow-ups, e-mails etc.
- Prepare quotations utilizing supplier information, cost standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing, engineering, and design
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how our products meet client needs
- Assist the Sales Group with technical input for marketing; and/or developing support material for members of the sales team
- Attending and/or participating in trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Investigate new technologies and designs for potential business opportunities
- Perform other related work as required or directed
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Diploma or Degree in Business or Engineering
- 1 to 2 years of successful work experience in an Engineer/Technical role
- Experience and proven success in a technical sales role is an asset
- Excellent reading/writing/oral English language skills
- MS Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work both independently and in team
- Strong attention to detail
Where you will be working:
This position is for a manufacturing company. There is no public transportation to the job site. This position will be performed in an office setting with occasional presence in the manufacturing facility and travel within Calgary to meet clients.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume in confidence by May 31, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.