This position provides administrative support towards the effective implementation and maintenance of the company's Health, Safety and Environment department. The Administrator is responsible for delivering quality organization, administration, and document control to facilitate efficiency and continuity of operations for the HSE department. The HSE Administrator ensures that reports, record keeping, incidents and statistical analysis are completed and delivered on time with the required quality standard to the ES&H team, Management and the Client.
Summary of Roles & Responsibilities:
Perform document control for health and safety department including ensuring manuals, safe work procedures, job hazard analysis are up to date and filed systematically electronically and hard copy.
Create forms and spreadsheets for tracking and maintaining files while ensuring audit quality.
Set-up and manage a central filing system for master employee files and ensure file completeness.
Develop and maintain record keeping systems including planning, tracking, reporting, quality management and internal communication.
Produce consolidated reporting including Dashboard, hazard logs/corrective actions, HSE Interactions, weekly/monthly ES&H deliverables and other reports/correspondence as required.
Respond to inquiries and directs employees and client to appropriate personnel.
Facilitate onsite orientations. Maintain safety personnel files. Record current certificates and maintain accurate training matrix.
- Experience working in a construction / unionized environment
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize personal work priorities
- Knowledge of filing and updating records
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to type at least 60 WPM
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of handling office equipment
- Internet savvy with expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to research and analyze data effectively
- Exceptional attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain self motivated at all times
- Flexible in working hours