Outreach Coordinator, Planet IndigenUS
Job Ref. # 14FC07-ABJ
Number of vacancies: 1
Harbourfront Centre is a Canadian charity operating the 10 prime acres of Toronto's central waterfront as a free and open public site. We celebrate the multiplicities of cultures that comprise Canada and enliven the city through the creative imaginations of artists from across the country and around the globe. Harbourfront Centre attracts more than 17 million visits to its site each year to experience 4,000 diverse public events and activities.
Currently an employment opportunity exists in our Community & Educational Programmes Department for a full time Outreach Coordinator, Planet IndigenUS on a contract basis. This position is responsible in assisting the Planet IndigenUs Artistic Director and Harbourfront Centre/Woodland Cultural Centre team in all facets of programming and producing the Planet IndigenUs as a festival, and associated programming and outreach in the year between the festivals. The position will also report to and be supervised by the Senior Project Coordinator for satisfaction assessment, review of balance of overall workload and review of working relationships.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Organization and implementation of outreach programme with assigned staff. Will work with the outreach programme under the direct supervision of the Artistic Director (or designate).
- Work directly with the Artistic Director (or designate) and Harbourfront Centre team. Will assist the Artistic Director (or designate) and many liaisons with conceiving, programming research, developing, implementing, and evaluating the artistic vision and focus of the project.
- Work with the Education team to develop any arts education programme for Planet IndigenUS under the direction of the Artistic Director (or designate). This will include being the liaison with local schools in the Toronto District School Board and others.
- Works with the Harbourfront Centre Volunteer office to coordinate, prepare and lead volunteers through programme and inform volunteers of their responsibilities.
- Conduct outreach activities within Aboriginal communities. Prepare e-lists for outreach initiatives.
- Write newsletters with a special focus on Planet IndigenUs.
- Assists in festival set up and strike. Generates thank you letters for the artists, partners and consulates involved in the festival.
- Consolidating and distributing marketing documents to festival partners Assists programmers with distributing all programme materials to partner sites.
- Assists with the management of projects off site and with post-project evaluations.
- Assist with meeting administration and other administrative tasks as needed by the department.
- Assists Director, CEP with specific research initiatives.
- Enrolment in or completion of post-secondary degree in arts, business and/or office administration is considered an asset
- Previous administrative experience
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, and database management
Eligibility: As funding for this position has been provided to training Aboriginal arts professional, applicants must be of Aboriginal ancestry.
Period of Employment: 52 weeks, beginning May 12th, 2014
Deadline: April 25, 2014
Please send your resume and cover letter Quoting Job Ref. No. 14FC07-ABJ to:
Human Resources, 235 Queens Quay West
Toronto, ON M5J 2G8
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply
For information regarding Planet IndigenUs Please refer to the link provided http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com/planetindigenus/