Halla Climate Control Canada Inc. is a progressive designer and manufacturer of automotive climate control systems and components for the automotive industry in North America, Europe and Asia. With long term secured business and a healthy TS16949 structure, our vision/goal is to maintain our position as a world leader in this field. Halla has challenging opportunities for team-oriented individuals who are committed to achieving our vision/goal. HCC offers a comprehensive compensation and benefit package.
Duties and Tasks include:
- Supporting our Safety-Quality-Delivery-Cost culture while contributing to continuous improvement practices
- Functioning as a coordinating resource for management, hourly and salaried personnel in the daily operation and function of the production process under the direction of the Plant Superintendent
- Supervising the shift to maintain the flow of product as per production schedules, customer specifications and productivity targets
- Communicating progress throughout the shift, while identifying issues and taking appropriate action in a timely manner
- Ensuring all personnel work in the manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations and those within Company Policy
- Interpreting all other company policies and procedures to personnel as required and ensuring adherence to policies, procedures and systems
- Analyzing data and recommending measures to improve manpower, production methods, systems, equipment performance and quality of products
- Carry out timely and effective line handover to supervisors between shifts, including the completion of proper documentation and accurate briefing on progress/issues
- Promoting teamwork through effective communication
- Coaching, managing, mentoring and developing new and existing personnel
- Daily hours approval within Kronos timekeeping system
- Acting as a resource for questions and concerns
- Working a 3 shift rotation
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Post secondary diploma or degree in Business Management and/or a minimum of 5 – 10 years experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Sound technical knowledge and mechanical aptitude.
- Intermediate computer skills in Excel and Word
- A positive, open minded attitude, along with the ability to be flexible and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Halla emphasizes a team approach with a strong commitment to our philosophy of team members being our # 1 resource and the key to our success. If this sounds like an environment where you might thrive, please forward your résumé no later than December 3, 2012 to: Recruiting - Human Resources, Halla Climate Control 360 University Ave., Belleville, Ontario K8N 5T6; fax # 613-969-0125 or via email. We thank all applicants for their interest in HCC, however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.