H2O INNOVATION HAS AN OPENING FOR A MECHANICAL ENGINEER
About H2O Innovation
H2O Innovation is a fast-growing publicly traded company that engineers, designs, manufactures and commissions water treatment systems for the production of drinking water, process water, wastewater treatment and reclamation in Canada, United States and abroad. For more information, visit www.h2oinnovation.com.
H2O Innovation has one opening for a Mechanical Engineer for its Calgary office.
Directly reporting to the company’s Manager – Mechanical and Systems Engineering, the Mechanical Engineer will mainly be in charge of assisting the engineering team in its mechanical engineering duties.
- Design complex water treatment systems
- Development of equipment skid layouts to optimize footprint, fluid dynamics and ease of operations
- Collaborate closely with project managers and clients to incorporate best design practises
- Oversee preparation of 3D drawings for complete water treatment systems
- Ensure that equipment selection is compliant with project’s mechanical specifications and the standards to be met (ASME, UL, API, etc.)
- Approve drawings before their submittal to the client and/or the manufacturing department
- Work with the manufacturing department to integrate suggested improvements to shop drawings
- Prepare lists of equipment, instruments and valves
- Create process drawings such as P&IDs and PFDs
- Fill out specification sheets for selected equipment, based on information provided by suppliers
- Ship orders to key suppliers
- Prepare engineering documents such as functional descriptions, operating manuals, quality inspection programs, etc.
Skills and Attributes Required
- Engineering Diploma (Mechanical, civil, environmental and chemical)
- 2-5 years of related work – in the field of water treatment preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Professionalism, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Dynamism, autonomy, resourcefulness and proactivity
- Priority management and stress resistance
- Knowledge sharing and team work
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Permanent, full-time
- Remuneration commensurate with qualifications and experience
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 20 days ago
H2O Innovation is a fast-growing public company that engineers, designs, manufactures and commissions water treatment systems for the...