Who we are: H2O Energy Services Ltd specializes in Oilfield Fluid Management Services and we are rapidly growing!
H2O Energy Services is currently seeking for a motivated, energetic, team player Staff Accountant/Coordinator for our Calgary office.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for basic accounting functions including journal entries, payroll entries, financial statement, account reconciliations, posting of accounts receivable and payable as well as perform office administrative duties. Additional responsibilities include preparation of financial reports and budget preparations, filing documents, reconciling statements and running software programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform monthly and year-end closing process including journal entry activity, general ledger maintenance, analysis of financial data, preparation of financial reports, and ensure accurate and timely accounting information in accordance with established procedures.
- Review accuracy of account coding of vendor invoices and employee expense reports.
- Reconciliations and detailed account analysis.
- Review and posting of designated invoices for A/R and A/P.
- Manage data entry of general ledger and account reconciliation.
- Financial Analysis: prepare and analyze various financial reports.
- Miscellaneous financial projects and analysis as required.
- Greet all visitors, inform the appropriate staff of their arrival
- Manage switchboard, routing calls as appropriate,
- Receive incoming packages and prepare outgoing packages
- Putting packing slips on and tracking of P.O's
- Deal with all inquiries via phone, email and general correspondence
- Manage procurement of all office and kitchen supplies
- Executive support as required
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV would be an asset
- 1-3 years of Accounting experience, any office manager experience would be an asset
- This position requires self-awareness and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to provide the highest level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail
- Must have strong computer skills including MS Office, particularly MS Word, Excel, and other accounting software packages
- Strong written and oral communication skills including professional telephone etiquette
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-starter who is willing to accept responsibility and ownership for their function within the company
- Ability to multi-task, manage a fluctuating workload and changing priorities and work independently with little or no supervision
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and tights deadlines
Physical Job Demands:
- Ability to lift 1-15 lbs
- Involves sitting at a desk for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity to operate specialized equipment
- Ability to hear telephone conversations and speak clearly
- Needs high degree of concentration in a busy area
- Monday through Friday, over-time as required
Each H2O employee is responsible and accountable for conducting their job tasks in a safe, healthy, and environmentally prudent manner. Employee responsibilities include: performing your job in accordance with HSE philosophy, standards, programs, rules and permits; work responsibly and take any necessary precaution to protect yourself, as well as others in the work area from injury and health hazards; immediately report injuries, incidents, spills, discharges, unsafe conditions, near misses and other incidents to Safety personnel; actively participates in HSE meetings; and promptly correct unsafe acts and/or conditions. A detailed listing of employee responsibilities can be found in the Safety Handbook.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. There are no exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills abilities, physical demands and working conditions associated with the position.