H2O Energy Services is currently seeking a Regional Controller for our Calgary location.
Summary: The Regional Controller plans, directs, and organizes the accurate and timely reporting of financial information. This position is responsible for managing regional accounting, compilation, and analysis of operations reports and financial statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, and organize the accurate and timely reporting and forecasting of financial information. Prepare appropriate information for presentation at meetings.
- Research and resolve accounting problems.
- Assure that all company, corporate, and normal business and ethical standards are closely adhered to and correct any deviations encountered and appropriate controls are administered.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close process.
- Conduct variance analysis against budget and forecast.
- Direct and supervisor office staff. Coach to improve subordinate performance. Hold employees accountable for meeting goals.
- Conduct performance evaluations of staff.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be eligible to drive a company vehicle according to H2O’s insurance guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in accounting or financial analysis.
- Minimum seven to ten years of experience in corporate accounting and supervising.
- Considerable knowledge of accounting standards, procedures, and practices. An accounting designation is an asset.
- Strong skills in managing daily operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit and collection.
- Considerable skills in preparing forecasts, controlling cost and maximizing profits, and producing accurate reports.
- Considerable skills in management, human relations, and communication.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and process management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, flexible and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 1-15 lbs.
- Ability to hear telephone conversations and speak clearly
- Needs high degree of concentration in busy environment.
- Traditional Monday through Friday, 8 am-5pm.
- Overnight travel may be required.
Each H2O employee is responsible and accountable for conducting their job tasks in a safe, healthy, and environmentally prudent manner. Employee responsibilities include: performing your job in accordance with HSE philosophy, standards, programs, rules and permits; work responsibly and take any necessary precaution to protect yourself, as well as others in the work area from injury and health hazards; immediately report injuries, incidents, spills, discharges, unsafe conditions, near misses and other incidents to the supervisor/PIC and to the appropriate field coordinator; actively participates in HSE meetings; and promptly correct unsafe acts and/or conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. There are no exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills abilities, physical demands and working conditions associated with the position.
Indeed - 18 months ago
3ES Innovations Inc
- 29 days ago
- 30+ days ago
The Headhunters & TempsAhead
The Headhunters & TempsAhead
- 27 days ago