We are seeking an experienced, organized, and energetic Account Manager to provide hands-on leadership to a key marketing and communications financial services account for H2 Central Marketing & Communications.
This is an immediate opening for an enthusiastic and experienced Account Manager in Financial Services. This role is central to the company and requires a mature person who thrives in a busy environment and is dedicated to the long-term growth of the account and the company. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge and understanding of integrated marketing. Working directly for the CEO and closely with all members of Account Management, Production, Graphic Design and Digital Marketing teams, the successful candidate will:
- Provide day-to-day account leadership on several financial services accounts
- Active leadership on strategy development and recommendations for the account
- Working in conjunction with several senior account people
- Identify and collaborate with internal team members to provide excellent service and business results for the client
- Develop annual marketing plan and manage execution end-to-end
- Deepen relationship with client management, sales and administrative levels to grow the account
- Manage interns and internal resources
- Measure and monitor success of all integrated marketing efforts: advertising, communications, interactive, PR, etc.
- Support additional financial services accounts as assigned
- Supervision of 1 staff member (or more)
- Other related duties as outlined
The successful candidate has passion for all aspects of marketing and communications and possibly a specialty in at least one discipline. The individual is extremely familiar with marketing in highly regulated environments such as investments (OSC-related) or insurance. A completed Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is an asset. This candidate combines great leadership capabilities with a 'sleeves-up' approach to getting the job done. A straightforward, honest, confident approach is a must.
Minimum 3-5 years of structured, disciplined marketing environment (e.g., PR, advertising or product)
Minimum 3-5 years exposure to financial services, such as investment management
- Education: minimum bachelor's degree or equivalent, completed CSC or interested in pursuing; certifications in the areas of marketing, communications, public relations or financial services
credentials such as CSC
- Sound understanding of financial services
- Demonstrated knowledge of retail and institutional investing business and their respective distribution and sales channels
- Ability to communicate to executives and influence decisions
- Team leadership to achieve creative results
- Proven results-driven account management - growing the clients' business
- Project leadership - experience in structured account and project environments with timelines, budgets and scope
- Strategic thinker and hands-on know-how to get the job done
- Excellent written and oral communication - French or other languages an asset
- Outstanding presentation and negotiation skills
- Superior time management, organizational and people skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexible, adaptable to change
About H2 Central
H2 Central is a privately held, fast-paced, full-service marketing and communications agency in downtown Toronto’s financial district. We are a team of professionals who design, develop and implement marketing, interactive and public relations programs. We pride ourselves on fully understanding our clients’ needs and providing service based on integrity, honesty, professionalism and strong experience. Our workplace environment is vibrant; our culture is affable. We expect high performance; we value hard work.
If you have what it takes and would like to work with a great group of people who have a passion for the work they do. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.