We are seeking a capable, organized and energetic Intermediate Web Developer. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company with a strong and seasoned leadership team. Reporting to Vice President, Innovation & Technology, and also working closely with the other members of the IT and interactive programming teams, the successful candidate will work effectively on a range of development projects.
- Construct, develop, code, debug and maintain websites and applications
- Conform to software design methodologies for the development and implementation of
- Internet-based applications and interfaces to support all aspects of website functionalities
- Create development documentation from functional requirements
- Apply rigorous testing methodologies and use cases to analyze and verify quality
- Contribute to the evolution of best practices
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or related field, or significant
- equivalent experience
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years of production programming experience
- Experience working in a formal software development environment
- Solid experience with web languages and services:
- Server side: PHP and .NET, MySQL/MS SQL
- CMS deployment and customization (e.g., Drupal, WordPress)
- Adobe Suite, including Dreamweaver and Photoshop
- Mobile development experience considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure, manage heavy workloads and meet tight deadlines
- Positive attitude
About H2 Central
H2 Central is a privately held, fast-paced, full-service marketing and communications agency in downtown Toronto’s financial district. We are a team of professionals who design, develop and implement marketing, interactive and public relations programs. We pride ourselves on fully understanding our clients’ needs and providing service based on integrity, honesty, professionalism and strong experience. Our workplace environment is vibrant; our culture is affable. We expect high performance; we value hard work.
If you have what it takes and would like to work with a great group of people who have a passion for the work they do, we encourage you to please submit your resume. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.