We are seeking an experienced, organized and energetic Account Manager to provide hands-on marketing and communications leadership to key financial services accounts for H2 Central Marketing & Communications.
This is an immediate opening for an enthusiastic and experienced Account Manager in financial services. The role is central to the company and requires a mature person who thrives in a busy environment and is dedicated to the long-term growth of the accounts and the company.
The successful candidate possesses a strong knowledge and understanding of integrated marketing. He or she has a passion for all aspects of marketing and communications and may have a specialization in a particular discipline. The individual is extremely familiar with marketing in highly regulated environments, such as investments (OSC-related) or insurance. Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is an asset. The successful candidate combines great leadership capabilities with a “sleeves-up” approach to getting the job done. A straightforward, honest, confident approach is a must.
Working directly for the CEO and closely with all members of the Account Management, Project Management, Graphic Design and Digital Marketing teams, the successful candidate will:
- Provide day-to-day account leadership on several financial services accounts
- Provide active leadership on strategy development and recommendations for clients
- Work in conjunction with several senior account people
- Identify and collaborate with internal team members to provide excellent service and business results for clients
- Develop annual marketing plans and manage execution end-to-end
- Deepen relationships with client management, sales and administrative contacts to grow the accounts
- Supervise one of more staff members and manage interns and internal resources
- Measure and monitor success of all integrated marketing efforts: advertising, communications, interactive, PR, etc.
- Support additional accounts as assigned
- Participate in other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience within a structured, disciplined marketing environment (e.g., PR, advertising or product)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of exposure to financial services, such as investment management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum); completed CSC or interested in pursuing; certifications in the areas of marketing, communications, public relations or financial services
- Sound understanding of financial services
- Demonstrated knowledge of retail and institutional investing business and their respective distribution and sales channels
- Ability to communicate with executives and influence decisions
- Team leadership to achieve creative results
- Proven results-driven account management – growing the clients' businesses
- Project leadership – experience in structured account and project environments with timelines, budgets and scope
- Strategic thinker and hands-on know-how to get the job done
- Excellent written and oral communication; French or other languages an asset
- Outstanding presentation and negotiation skills
- Superior time management, organizational and people skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexible, adaptable to change
About H2 Central:
H2 Central is a privately held, fast-paced, full-service marketing and communications agency in downtown Toronto’s financial district. We are a team of professionals who design, develop and implement marketing, interactive and public relations programs. We pride ourselves on fully understanding our clients’ needs and providing service based on integrity, honesty, professionalism and strong experience. Our workplace environment is vibrant; our culture is affable. We expect high performance; we value hard work.
If you have what it takes and would like to work with a great group of people who have a passion for the work they do, please submit your resume. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.