H&R Transport Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 November 2017
This place has taught me a great deal about the work environement with people belonging to different cultures. As i worked in three different departments it provided me a comprehensive knowledge of automotive trucking industry in North America.
Good company to work with
Semi Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 September 2017
I got my pr working with H&R . Treatment was fair but time to move on . Coach driving is more in line of what I want to do .. this company was very good and helpful.
overload of work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 July 2017
would not recommend this company to anyone. terrible work conditions. hot during the summer. expect way too much work for minuim pay. no positive feedback ever.
Pros
monday thur friday
Cons
terrible pay
Long- Haul
Long-Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 February 2017
I worked as a long-haul truck driver in this company. Most of the trips were cross- border trips. I liked the management and problem solving skills...
Great Place to hang the hat
Senior Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2017
Organization is above average for everything. There truly is nothing bad to say about it.. from ownership to the janitors..
Pros
people
Cons
people
Excellent company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 October 2016
Very well run. Dispatchers are second to none. Management very concerned with employee satisfaction. I spent most of my time driving reefers between Canada and the US
Pros
Very efficient dispatching
Cons
Long hours, constantly away from home
Terrible
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2016
I could not live on these wages short on miles definitely sit everywhere you go and dont pay Dispatched was atrocious call in to have to call another 5 times in a day to get a load.I was hungry and ragged like the saying goes for these asshats
Fast paced Workplace
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2016
I enjoyed being under minimum supervision and very fast paced days went by very quick will go back if called back for work if I am lookin.
het fijnste bedrijf tot nu toe
Vrachtwagenchauffeur (Former Employee) –  lethbridge9 September 2016
dit was tot nu toe het fijnste bedrijf waar ik ooit gewerkt heb. geen commentaar.
Pros
vrijheid
Cons
duitse planner
Not a great company
Long Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 August 2016
came as a work permit holder was treated like i would be on the next plane every week, no respect for drivers. earning potential was ok layovers never paid and miles hard to achieve if dispatch wanted to be awkward
Pros
equipment
Cons
bad management
H&R Transport is filled with good qualified employees who constantly work together to reach the TEAM goals
Calgary Fleet Maintenance & Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB25 October 2015
My typical daily duties include reviewing all outstanding maintenance issues as well as ongoing repairs.
Logistics for in-service and out-servicing of all equipment as we have over 2000 units this is an ongoing and challenging task.
Facilities maintenance and repairs include 7 buildings and the infrastructure for a temperature controlled and secured area as well as wash facilities for trailer interiors and exteriors of all equipment
Pros
company with a long history and supportive management
Cons
not as forward thinking as they could be
Not worth it
OTR driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton19 October 2015
Gave up a pretty good job for this place. They make tons of promises then leave you alone to fend for yourself. Dispatch are horrible not one has ever been in a truck. E logs should be a great tool but when you send in your HOS every day and they still don't know you're out of running hours what's the point. They will push push push you to the limits with forced Dispatch until you want to head home then mysteriously there are no loads available. Far better companies to work for than this garbage company. New trucks is about the only perk.
Pros
New trucks
Cons
Everything else
Wasn't happy there
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 October 2015
I don't have anything nice to say, so I won't say anything at all. I'm not here to complain or bad mouth anybody, but apparently I can't get out of this part of the process unless I write a bunch more on here. So here I go writing a bunch more nonsense. Sorry for wasting your time having to read this.
laid off
Shipping/receiving (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta24 September 2015
Its unfortunate i was laid off. I learned a lot of new skills through this company. I would work for them again. You felt like a part of the team.
Good
Long haul truck driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 July 2015
This company is just to access to Canada. After you got the enough time to apply for a PR, I recommend do it and once you get the PR, look for another company.
Little Job security, and lack of leadership
Transport supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2015
H&R is the place to work if you want to go to work, grind away mindlessly, and go home unfulfilled. Training is promised, however, if you're not a driver, don't expect any more than shadowing for a week before they expect you to have a handle on everything. Very inappropriate relationships between coworkers. There are no rewards for working harder, faster, smarter, etc. If you want to move up, there's promise of doing so, but in reality, there aren't usually positions to move to. Many promises are made, and not fulfilled. They are a transport company without union support which is a recipe for disaster for their scale. Many employees were extremely disgruntled all day every day. There's no time clock so people showed up late constantly and left early multiple times per week. Not a happy or fun place to work. Overall, H&R lacks professionalism on every front.
Cons
unhappy employees, lack of prefessionalism, uncomfortable atmosphere, no rewards
a good connector job
City night time delivery driver in Edmonton (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ENG10 March 2015
The turnover rate at this company is far to high, I personally feel they treat drivers as a transient commodity. The distant dispatch team they have give incorrect information consistently and are constantly understaffed by head office.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
Employees are not treated with a level of dignity.
Good
truck Driver(class-I driver) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 March 2015
Great co, good work envornament, enjoy work with h and r transpor, have good team, great to learn , good management great in c.Omnication
I love my job and enjoy working as a owner operator.
owner operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary2 March 2015
A typical day at my workplace would be going to work, getting trailers and delivering them at their destination on time. Management was always nice. I never had problems with my co-workers either. There was nothing that was hard because I love what I do. I consider my job an enjoyable job.
Bottom feeder company
A/Z - Class 1 Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC1 October 2014
This company is a joke. They push you to work 13-14 hours one day, and then send you home after 5 hours the next. They push you to break the law, send you overweight and they don't even have an office here in Montreal (dispatch is Toronto). Many employees that work for for H&R are back stabbers and dishonest. Bottom line is there's no integrity in this company whatsoever and they absolutely don't care about their drivers!
Pros
decent/average salary
Cons
Push you to run past hours of service, dishonest, unreliable