H&R Block Employee Reviews in Canada

CSR, Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 17, 2015
This is my favorite job ive ever had. I get to interact with clients daily in person and on the phone. They are flexible and generous with hours. I enjoy managing an office. It allows me to organize and rearrange things while i add new profiles and clients into the system. I also learned so much while working there and i cant wait until next year to learn even more. I worked in three separate offices and juggled the hours between the three. I had great supervisors at all three offices and they made me feel so welcome and comfortable it really made my job that much easier. I was very happy to go to work everyday and always expressed that in the way i ran the office. At times things can be stressful, but i found for the most part the clients just misunderstand and get defensive. My job was to calm them down and explain and keep them as a client. Which i found to be quite easy. All in all, this was a great place to work.
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
Extended hours weeks.
Great!
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 10, 2015
Great Place to Work.I learned a lot working at HR, really enjoyed being part of a team but also enjoyed that I got to work independently. Very supportive management, great team!
making Samples and sales products to customers
Duties - Receptionist, Taking (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh MallMay 31, 2014
A typical day at work would be at Christmas time when we prepare different products t customers its alot of fun..I learned taking responsibly at work and be responsible paying for my bills and also responsible of the products we are sealing to people always show a good attribute at work even if you are in bad mood that the managements features and always help your coworkers and make any conflict between them. The most enjoyably time at work when coworkers helps one another and when the day goes very smooth. The hardest parts when conflict is arise between coworkers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Great for short term and learning about personal taxes
Tax Professional level 3 (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONApril 4, 2015
I loved working for H&R Block. It was a wonderful experience, and I do believe it helped me succeed in education. Lots of people from different walks of life, always meeting different clients with different needs, creates a great learning atmosphere and most tax professionals with more experience are very helpful. Only employed for 4 months, as tax season is only 10 weeks and the pre-season training is minimal. I would go back, but unfortunately was time to move on and explore more career focused opportunities.
Pros
Free tax returns for friends and family
Cons
Fluctuating client levels mess with metricks
Productive customer service
Tax preparer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 7, 2015
At H&R Block we help clients with their taxes and we give them the best advices. the job could get stressful some days but overall thanks to the office team who always make sure that the work is split between them and always try to make it as fun as possible.
Cons
stressful
Productive and fun place to work
District Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, OntarioNovember 19, 2015
Assist people with their tax returns. Also making calls to set up appointments with prior clients as well as new. also all aspects of HR duties
Pros
Very friendly staff
Cons
Seasonal
Great place to work but some major management issues.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AbJuly 6, 2015
Can be a fun place to work with the right supervisor/manager.
Competitive environment, can be too competitive
A lot of brown nosing from co-workers
Pros
Great Social Committee, colleagues that you build relationships with last a lifetime
Cons
Stressful environment, lay offs are easy for the mgmt
Fast paced environment, very large clientel
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Fast paced environment and really enjoyed working with the girls in the office.
I gained experience with dealing with a large clientel and dealing with their needs on a daily basis whether it be on the telephone or in person. I learned to work independently as well as being a team player.
Pros
Meeting a wide assortment of people.
Cons
Didn't make much more than minimum wage.
Productive and friendly work place
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCOctober 20, 2015
Some times was very busy. I can learn a lots of knowledge from my job and earned much experiences as every case was difference. The hardest part of the job was when there were lack of original documents, like missing T4's or other document.
productive was good on a daily basis
Tax Preparation/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 29, 2015
management was very helpful. great company to work for. The co-worker are very helpful and co-cooperative. I enjoy working with this , the hours were very flexible.
Pros
good company
Cons
no comment
I love this job.
Receptionist (CSP) (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBOctober 23, 2015
After a few years of not working in the "Clerical" field, they gave me a change. Even if it's only a few months out of the year, they opened doors for me that were close for a long time. I would work there year round if I could.
great job
Tax associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 5, 2015
I loved my work at H&R Block and can not wait for the new season for 2016.
I enjoyed the team that I was placed with and never felt like I was left out on my own to handle problems they really helped you help others.
fun workpalce
Income tax preparer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 22, 2012
My typical day at H& R block was to great customers with a smile and prepare their Income tax returns. I learned how to prepare personal and small business returns. I management was very helpful and easy to work for. My co-workers were ready and willing to help out with any problems I encountered. The hardest part of the job was the challenge of small business returns. The most enjoyable part of the job was how the clients felt after I finished the return, they just smiled and thanked me for work well done.
Pros
salary plus bonus
Cons
no benefits
Seasonal work
Client Service Leader -Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Enjoyed working for H&R Block for the season,

Was great to gain insight on taxes and to work with such wonderful staff

Was kept busy to make the days go by fast
Cons
Seasonal
Seasonal work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCOctober 6, 2015
answer questions for tax
Preparing taxes for individuals
associate in taxation - during tax season Feb to May
only worked for 4 hrs a day and it all involved preparing taxes for individual walk in customers.
Pros
all aspects of the job
Cons
Seasonal
H&R Block
Front Office/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at to work consists of helping clients book appointment and being them to the scheduled tax associate to complete their taxes. I learned how to work in an office environment. My management was mostly fair depending on the situation. My coworkers were mostly amazing. The hardest part of my job was working late when needed. The most enjoyable part was working with people.
Tax Professional (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2015
Very busy office with a variety of client with different needs.
I am looking forward to taking level 4 courses and corporate tax this year.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Friendly, fast-paced work environment with excellent coworkers
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEOctober 2, 2015
I worked from mid-February to the end of April preparing tax returns for clients. My coworkers were very supportive and patient with me as I learned how to prepare income taxes.
My day contains
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 25, 2015
My hardest part Managed a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment
My typical day is resolved an average of 400 inquiries in any given week and consistently met
performance benchmarks in all areas (speed, accuracy, volume)
My most enjoyable to fulfilled the company’s defined customer experience by maintain a friendly and
customer focus approach
Pros
Flexiibility work around my schedule
Cons
Rate of pay
It is a good company
Bookkeeper/Tax Professional (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2015
It is a good company. I love customers, accounting and tax, so I like working there. I learned a lot when at work and the work is never dull because there is always something new that you have opportunties to learn, so you have to do a lot of research and self- teaching. If you do not to do home work everyday, so do not go to work there.,

4.3