H&R Block Employee Reviews in Canada

Income Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONMay 16, 2016
Lots of work to keep you busy.
steady flow of clients, great coworkers, learning each day, short employment, as this is seasonal
Fun place to work
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2016
I ended up managing the kiosk that I am working at this year.
I have a great team and most importantly, I have support and access to any assistance I require.
Diversified workplace with a friendly environment
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 6, 2015
I had the opportunity of working with an interesting group of people with different skills sets. Most of the employees were retirees or seasonal workers. Everyone had something different to offer. It can be very busy toward the end of the tax season due to the cut off day. But as a team we were able to pull together and make the whole experience fun and positive.
Pros
The opportunity to do differnet type of tax returns and get to know different people
Cons
Seasonal
Productive fast paste work
Office Administrator / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Transcona, MBNovember 5, 2015
this job during tax season is fast paste. There are a vast range of clients and demands. In most part it is gratifying for me, as I learnt a lot from watching all the tax pros at work. Working with the all the financial aspects of taxes has been helpful in my learning the other side of doing taxes. One of the hardest part of the job is dealing with really irrate people during the tax season, but reassuring them has been challenging and gratifying at the same time. I get along with all office staff and management, we are a great team.
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
seasonal
Not friendly towards the Tax Associates
Tax Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
Working towards preparing taxes was great and very interesting to serve clients who have great regards for all tax associates.
Great Seasonal Employment
Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 25, 2015
Enjoyed being a part of the team. It was like an extended family. I love working with people and enjoyed the contact. There was a great pleasure in being able to help all types of people and circumstances. As an instructor, it gave a level of accomplishment
and satisfaction that will always be one of my best memories.
challenging place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2016
challenging place to work. I love a good challenge. easy going relaxed environment to work. very busy office. good team. learned lots of tax stuff.
Productive and fun work place
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONSeptember 28, 2015
H & R Block during tax season is a very fast pace, high pressure, demanding job with very tight dead lines. The job also requires the ability to be exceptional with multi tasking skills and endurance for excessive hours, often putting in overtime hours to get the job completed on time. It also requires a high need for confidentiality as well as being sympathetic as you are dealing with financial situation for people, I thrived and loved this job and the owner each year gave me more responsibility to the point he would be away from the office for 2 or 3 days a week leaving me in charge of the company. He was also always able to keep everyone on the lighter side when things got extremely busy in the office.
Pros
working with the public, Great off season hours
Cons
Owner sold the company
Fast paced environment, very large clientel
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Fast paced environment and really enjoyed working with the girls in the office.
I gained experience with dealing with a large clientel and dealing with their needs on a daily basis whether it be on the telephone or in person. I learned to work independently as well as being a team player.
Pros
Meeting a wide assortment of people.
Cons
Didn't make much more than minimum wage.
Productive customer service
Tax preparer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 7, 2015
At H&R Block we help clients with their taxes and we give them the best advices. the job could get stressful some days but overall thanks to the office team who always make sure that the work is split between them and always try to make it as fun as possible.
Cons
stressful
n/a
Tax Preparer Training (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 9, 2016
As a tranee I just attending class. I love to study this Tax Course. I'm very glad that I passed the course with flying colours. I'm planning to continue in this field in the future.
Fun working with people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONDecember 20, 2015
Always interested to interact with others. I did worked for 4 seasons with H&R Blockand always have fun to come back. Sometime stressfull but still, i like helping people as much i can
Great place to work for
District Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 6, 2016
My only reason for leaving was due to my husband being relocated for his job. Other wise I would have been there for another 15 years!
You would have to try it
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABOctober 3, 2015
Enjoyed the work, fellow employees were great, but management is not very good to employees. One always got the feeling that you were being watched and basically not fun place to work for sure . Employees were scared and not standing up for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Would be nice if it were cheerful there.
Productive and friendly work place
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCOctober 20, 2015
Some times was very busy. I can learn a lots of knowledge from my job and earned much experiences as every case was difference. The hardest part of the job was when there were lack of original documents, like missing T4's or other document.
Productive and fun place to work
District Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, OntarioNovember 19, 2015
Assist people with their tax returns. Also making calls to set up appointments with prior clients as well as new. also all aspects of HR duties
Pros
Very friendly staff
Cons
Seasonal
Productive place during the tax season.
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 24, 2015
Helping customer preparing the tax return. Trying to minimize their tax payable. Management is always willing to help. Communicate with the customer effectively.
seasonal parti-time
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 22, 2015
Did not enjoy working at H&R block. Workers were too aggressive toward each others. They don't support each other. Management was unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Less hours
great job
Tax associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 5, 2015
I loved my work at H&R Block and can not wait for the new season for 2016.
I enjoyed the team that I was placed with and never felt like I was left out on my own to handle problems they really helped you help others.
My day contains
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 25, 2015
My hardest part Managed a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment
My typical day is resolved an average of 400 inquiries in any given week and consistently met
performance benchmarks in all areas (speed, accuracy, volume)
My most enjoyable to fulfilled the company’s defined customer experience by maintain a friendly and
customer focus approach
Pros
Flexiibility work around my schedule
Cons
Rate of pay

4.3