H&R Block Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly coworkers and great management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Milton, OntarioFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: long hours during peak season
I learned how to work the scheduling system, how to handle cash and how to do tax returns as well as answering the phones. I had wonderful coworkers who easily welcomed me into the office and the management was very understanding and helpful when it came to teaching me all my job tasks. The hardest part of the job was dealing with clients who would come in angry about something our office had no power over and I had no way to help them resolve the issue. The most enjoyable part of my job was when we had slower days and I was able to take my time organizing the office and filing paperwork.
Seasonal work
Client Service Leader -Seasonal (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Cons: Seasonal
Enjoyed working for H&R Block for the season,

Was great to gain insight on taxes and to work with such wonderful staff

Was kept busy to make the days go by fast
Seasonal work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 6, 2015
Pros: all aspects of the job
Cons: Seasonal
answer questions for tax
Preparing taxes for individuals
associate in taxation - during tax season Feb to May
only worked for 4 hrs a day and it all involved preparing taxes for individual walk in customers.
Good workplace to gain experience
Office Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2015
I only worked there for three months but for the time being it was a good learning experience and got to work with different cultures and learned a lot.
Loved the experiance.
Office Assistant/ part time (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCApril 15, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: long hours
It was a great Job. loved working with the clients and would like to do it again.hours were 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to saturday. for three months. As it was my first year i was restricted with the level of paper work. I was more frustrated when my CEO then held me back from getting work done because she was busy. She is not there now.
Friendly, fast-paced work environment with excellent coworkers
Tax Professional (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEOctober 2, 2015
I worked from mid-February to the end of April preparing tax returns for clients. My coworkers were very supportive and patient with me as I learned how to prepare income taxes.
My day contains
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Flexiibility work around my schedule
Cons: Rate of pay
My hardest part Managed a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment
My typical day is resolved an average of 400 inquiries in any given week and consistently met
performance benchmarks in all areas (speed, accuracy, volume)
My most enjoyable to fulfilled the company’s defined customer experience by maintain a friendly and
customer focus approach
Great!
Tax Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 10, 2015
Great Place to Work.I learned a lot working at HR, really enjoyed being part of a team but also enjoyed that I got to work independently. Very supportive management, great team!
Great for short term and learning about personal taxes
Tax Professional level 3 (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 4, 2015
Pros: Free tax returns for friends and family
Cons: Fluctuating client levels mess with metricks
I loved working for H&R Block. It was a wonderful experience, and I do believe it helped me succeed in education. Lots of people from different walks of life, always meeting different clients with different needs, creates a great learning atmosphere and most tax professionals with more experience are very helpful. Only employed for 4 months, as tax season is only 10 weeks and the pre-season training is minimal. I would go back, but unfortunately was time to move on and explore more career focused opportunities.
Overall Experience
Seasonal Tax Professional (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMay 22, 2012
Pros: accurate tax returns
Cons: poor salary
On a typical day you could service and care for up to 15 to 20 clients and prep their tax and other tax related services for them .
The work environment is great , your co-workers are amazingly helpful and kind . They are ready to help if you encounter a problem.

The hardest part of the job is that you are under enormous amount of pressure as you prep the taxes in front of your client . You need to make sure that you enter the right data and make no mistakes .
productive was good on a daily basis
Tax Preparation/Receptionist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 29, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: no comment
management was very helpful. great company to work for. The co-worker are very helpful and co-cooperative. I enjoy working with this , the hours were very flexible.
It is a good company
Bookkeeper/Tax Professional (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2015
It is a good company. I love customers, accounting and tax, so I like working there. I learned a lot when at work and the work is never dull because there is always something new that you have opportunties to learn, so you have to do a lot of research and self- teaching. If you do not to do home work everyday, so do not go to work there.,
Tax Professional (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long hours
Very busy office with a variety of client with different needs.
I am looking forward to taking level 4 courses and corporate tax this year.
Great place to work but some major management issues.
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary,AbJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great Social Committee, colleagues that you build relationships with last a lifetime
Cons: Stressful environment, lay offs are easy for the mgmt
Can be a fun place to work with the right supervisor/manager.
Competitive environment, can be too competitive
A lot of brown nosing from co-workers
WOnderful team environment
SeniorTax Associate / Instructor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, filing taxes
Cons: none
Daily tax filing meeting customers helping them with their situations.
ABle to get the hours best suit our personal needs.
Meeting people - Customer Services
Tax Professional (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Update income tax registration every years to get the best advantage
Cons: Seasonal position only
Talking with people, listening to their problems and help them to solve the problems.
Giving tax tips to client to get maximum refund on their income tax. Give them information about the tax deductible things
Great environment to enhance your communication skills and learn
Tax Associate (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJune 6, 2012
Pros: flexible hours and great team
Cons: seasonal contract and low salary
The job was always different due to personal income tax differences. Always learning new things and requires a significant amount of thinking outside the box to ensure the clients are getting the maximum return possible.
Friendly workplace and busy
Tax Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 11, 2015
Pros: Training experience
Cons: Distance between work and home
A typical day at work included communicating with various customers and CRA. I learned how to file tax forms and communicate with public over the phone as well as face to face. The hardest part of this job was travelling the distance between work and home with young kids. Most enjoyable part of the job was the the training prior to working.
ideal for part-time job which supplements a full-time job
Tax Associate (Former Employee), VancouverJune 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling and meeting new clients
Cons: low pay and sometimes challenging demanding clients
Good for learning new tax law and to keep adding more customer service skills and knowledge each year. Enjoyable meeting new co-workers and interacting with new and recurring clients.
great people to work for and with
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSMay 26, 2015
From the time you start until the time you end, you have great people to work with and to help you if and when you needed extra information. Hardest part of the job is when the tax season is over and you miss your co workers. The most enjoyable part is when you are able to help the clients prepare their taxes and show them where they would be able to improve their refund or if they needed extra information forms for different situations.
Headquarters