H&R Block Employee Reviews

Great Co-workers, busy and productive enviroment, fast pace which is perfect for me.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT25 April 2016
Generally I come into work at 7:40 and start mopping, sweeping, making coffee, and once that is done its time for costumers to come in. I usually start by filling files away, checking clients in and taking them back.
Great place to learn new things.
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON20 April 2016
Management was willing to work with me as this was a new career change. Dealt with alot of different personalities daily. Co- workers very patient and willing to help always.
Pros
New experience
Cons
seasonal
Great training experience; good people to work with.
Client Services Leader/Professional (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC20 April 2016
H&R Block has a great training program - taught me about income taxes and services to the client. Very busy during tax time and have to deal with people that are angry they have to pay taxes and don't want to wait for an appointment - was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was a client's happiness when you saved him/her money and they got a good tax refund. Co-workers very knowledgeable and hard working.
Pros
Good training program
Cons
Low pay
An alright place to work
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 April 2016
Definitely wouldn't recommend anyone to gain employment there.
Unorganized and very unprofessional.
I had a very rude manager who didn't know what she was talking about half the time and who was very unprofessional to clients.
She spoke of co-workers constantly and it was a bit of a turn off. I did not find her informative or educated at all.
Learned to work independently without any manager in the office
Tax Professional (Current Employee) –  270 Kingston Rd East, Ajax ON, L1Z 1G16 April 2016
I have a very good experience at working for H&R Block. With each going day, I am learning new things from my co-worker and from my clients too. I am managing the whole office on my own. This was the hardest part of my job, but it is turning into really an easy work for me.There has been days where clients went upset from the office, but there were other clients too who went happier than before.
Fun place to work
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2016
I ended up managing the kiosk that I am working at this year.
I have a great team and most importantly, I have support and access to any assistance I require.
Not friendly towards the Tax Associates
Tax Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
Working towards preparing taxes was great and very interesting to serve clients who have great regards for all tax associates.
Very Positive
Client Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB18 March 2016
I enjoy working at H and R Block very much.
I've learned many skills to add to my resume ...unfortunately this position is only seasonal.
Pros
Great company and environment to work in.
Cons
Seasonal Employment
Productive and fun workplace.
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2016
I really enjoy this tax season. I get to know lot of people and get easily along with them. I make lot of friends while enjoying doing their taxes. This is an unforgettable experience. I also practice my tax course learn at school and getting very good at it each day passing.
great customer service s experience , self confidence , responsibility .
Specialiste en fiscalité (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC13 March 2016
my opinion about a typical day at work is :
big responsibility when am doing the income tax declaration for customers and especially because the customers put their trusts on me .
the management is so important because i have to pay attention of every folder , to not match the papers between the customers .
we work as a team , we all have the team spirit .
the hardest part of the job is when i have something new to do , i have never seen it before , i am alone at the office , and the client have no time to wait , so i feel pressure .

the most enjoyable part of the job is when i finish a declaration and i find that it was well done which is give me a self confidence .
and day after day the communications with clients will be easier and more developed .
I gained valuable tax experience, office and customer service skills
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2016
Typical office day is busy and exciting in the sense that every taxpayer has his own tax circumstances. In order to address those needs, I learned how to cater to their specific needs using the information obtained from each client and my tax knowledge and skills. My co-workers have also helped me through and the manager provided us with the resources that we need to deliver quality service. Although I work on my own cubicle, it was also a collaborative effort to satisfy H&R clientele and that's what makes it enjoyable!
challenging place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 March 2016
challenging place to work. I love a good challenge. easy going relaxed environment to work. very busy office. good team. learned lots of tax stuff.
n/a
Tax Preparer Training (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 January 2016
As a tranee I just attending class. I love to study this Tax Course. I'm very glad that I passed the course with flying colours. I'm planning to continue in this field in the future.
Great place to work for
District Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 January 2016
My only reason for leaving was due to my husband being relocated for his job. Other wise I would have been there for another 15 years!
Friendly work environment
Income Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 December 2015
1. Assisting clients with their concerns about their personal taxes

2. Working together with colleagues to solve problems

3. Handling phone calls and following procedures to handle difficult clients.

4. Updating files and filing taxes electronically
Pros
Management and staff are very supportive and knowledgeable.
Cons
Seasonal work. There is no advancement in the company.
Fun working with people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON20 December 2015
Always interested to interact with others. I did worked for 4 seasons with H&R Blockand always have fun to come back. Sometime stressfull but still, i like helping people as much i can
Wonderful working experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 December 2015
our office leader was so helpful... I learned a lot from her; co-workers were easy to get along with and the clients were varied but so nice ... the job itself is nice but the facilities need some work - the washroom is so far away from the office/unit
Pros
very helpful team leader
Cons
washroom is too far away from the office/unit
Great Seasonal Employment
Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 November 2015
Enjoyed being a part of the team. It was like an extended family. I love working with people and enjoyed the contact. There was a great pleasure in being able to help all types of people and circumstances. As an instructor, it gave a level of accomplishment
and satisfaction that will always be one of my best memories.
Productive place during the tax season.
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 November 2015
Helping customer preparing the tax return. Trying to minimize their tax payable. Management is always willing to help. Communicate with the customer effectively.
seasonal parti-time
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2015
Did not enjoy working at H&R block. Workers were too aggressive toward each others. They don't support each other. Management was unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Less hours

4.3