H&R Block Employee Reviews

Nice place to work at
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2016
Greet customer, escort them into the office. Get some information from the customer. Proceed to do their taxes. I have learned different areas of taxes. I have advanced every year with their schooling. My co-workers are a great bunch of people. The hardest part of my job was to tell a client that they had to pay taxes at the end of the year. The greatest part of my job was that I got to meet and work with lot of interesting people through the years.
Productive and fun with client to discuss different topics
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 May 2016
A typical day at work is every client need to do tax return.
I have learned how to get missing information from Canada Revenue Agency.
Management is lawful and professional.
Co-workers are helpful,
Hardest part of the job is when missing information or slips.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when client get more and accurate tax return.
Flexible hours, and kept me on my toes
Senior Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 May 2016
The typical work day for me was to prepare peoples taxes, help setting up appointments for customers and assist the reception when the office gets busy. I have learned a lot from the job, my customer service skills got sharper as each customer comes in with some dissatisfaction from the tax associates outside the company and sometimes inside the company. I have always tried to explain to the best of my ability to customers what is important on their returns and to be wary next year. Sometimes, management tries to help in tough situations, but I always manage to calm customers down on the phone or face-to-face, I enjoyed the high-stress situations it is like I work better when I am stressed. The hardest parts oft the job always made me feel like I can tackle it.
Pros
Keeps me on my feet
first year
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON30 May 2016
This was my first year and with all the changes the office had it was hard to be taught anything. I had to go by what I learned in school and ask questions when I could. At the end of the year I still managed to get to awards out od the district.
Pros
fast paced, busy
Enjoy serve people
Tax Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 May 2016
- Help client understand more what benefit they can qualify
- Make plan for them to work on deduct their tax in the future so they won't ow tax
- Good chance to meet nice people and make friend
- My co-workers is great to help me out what first year I have problem with computer
- sometimes is stress out with this job but at the end everything will go smoothly deadline
- Improve my confident to communication with different type of people
- My boss trained me well to give me lesson of tax in higher level as specially in Business Expense, Employment Expense, Senior Health expense, etc
Pros
Enjoy working, nothing complaint
Cons
N/A
Efficient and knowledgeable place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 May 2016
I loved working here as it is the desired place I always wanted to work. I always wanted to work at an office with well dressed and sophisticated people around me. It gives me a professional feeling and brings the best in me. My work would start with greeting everyone with a smile by walking into everyone's cabin. This prepared me well for the day giving me an idea who's in to work and what their day is like. It also alert all the employees that I'm on and will be serving them. The employees were sweet and helpful, they ll believed in working as a team and were always there to help out each other. This made the entire office an attracted place to work at. The credit also goes to the management for keeping the flow of the office so great. Working around taxes gives you a chance to learn about others lives. This is a very practical thing in Canada and I learned a lot from it.
Pros
Flexible Hours, positive environment, neat and tidy offices.
Cons
Ran out of office supplies.
I had great time working at H&R Block
Tax professional (Former Employee) –  2000 Dundas street18 May 2016
I learned a lot while working at H &R Block. I learned communication skills,co operate with team members,deal with clients etc.The most challenging part was convincing the clients the value of fee & enjoyable part was getting to know the clients .
Fun place to work
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB18 May 2016
I process about 15 to 20 people per day. Everybody has a different situation with tax made the job more challenging and made me really listen to their issues and problems.

As a prior I had to train 2 to 3 new tax pros at the time was challenging when I had my own customers scheduling for my time.

Most enjoyable moments are when they appreciate how hard I work for them to find more refunds hiding somewhere.
Pros
meeting clients
Income Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON16 May 2016
Lots of work to keep you busy.
steady flow of clients, great coworkers, learning each day, short employment, as this is seasonal
Speed , Accuracy And Consistent quality productivity.
TAX PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB10 May 2016
Preparing Tax Return
Tax Filing - Individual , Business ,Rental and Employment Expenses.
Excellent Management
Co-workers good team players
Accuracy, Time Deadline , Customer Service
Pros
Bonuses
Productive & busy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 May 2016
It was a very busy place so I learned to have strong problem solving skills in a fast pace. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers and boss, it is a very respectful company. My days went by fast and I wish I could have worked there longer.
Pros
Busy so day went by fast and nice staff
Cons
How it was so busy sometimes that it would be hard to go on break
Good
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 May 2016
Good working environment, more learning while doing tax return. My co workers and supervisor are very helpful and they help me while i am not understanding any thing.
The experience i have learned
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2016
Working at H&R Block was a great experience. I learned alot of new thinks like printing Western Union checks for clients that were in-tiled to a refund, doing PWR, AFR, booking appointments,answer calls,end of day cash out, contacting clients to pay balances outstanding, and last but not least i love meeting new people and just talking to pass time. Overall the company was a great work place, co-workers were friendly and so was management.
Pros
Your personal taxes are done for free
Cons
Sometimes it was to quite
Working environment is boring
Tax associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 May 2016
Most of your co-workers there are high aged group of people. If you were a young university student or a new graduate, it is a little bit boring to stay in the office for a whole day without filing tax for clients.
Good place to learn new skills and information
RFS Support - IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 May 2016
As RFS Support you are always learning something new everyday. Either tips or tricks on how to use the software more efficiently or increasing your knowledge about taxes. Hardest part of the job is not knowing how to solve the issue but with teamwork this hurdle can overlooked.
Pros
Great hourly rate
Great.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 May 2016
This company was great to work with, I really enjoyed being a part of the team. Would definitely consider going back. I learned a lot from this wonderful environment.
Great Learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON28 April 2016
CSP position at H&R block requires a great deal of organization skills, the ability to multitask. There is room for advancement however very little support in the office to new staff members
Great place to work, friendly co-workers, exceptional training provided and good mentors all around.
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 April 2016
• Responsible for conducting client interviews and subsequently preparing accurate tax returns, such a way that the client pays the least possible amount of tax as prescribed by law.
• Implementing customer service and public relations programs, office procedures and reporting systems.
• Clarifying tax related client queries and reviewing the status of COD, Hold & Drop-off returns on an ongoing basis and following up with clients as necessary.
Great Co-workers, busy and productive enviroment, fast pace which is perfect for me.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT25 April 2016
Generally I come into work at 7:40 and start mopping, sweeping, making coffee, and once that is done its time for costumers to come in. I usually start by filling files away, checking clients in and taking them back.
Great place to learn new things.
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON20 April 2016
Management was willing to work with me as this was a new career change. Dealt with alot of different personalities daily. Co- workers very patient and willing to help always.
Pros
New experience
Cons
seasonal

4.2