H&R Block Employee Reviews in Canada

Costumer Service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 16, 2016
Took phone calls and set up appointment for clients to see a tax expert.
Took cash,credit card or Debit transactions and balanced the daily cash flow at the end of the shift.
Also took walk in appointments when needed.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Seasonal employment
Productive & busy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 9, 2016
It was a very busy place so I learned to have strong problem solving skills in a fast pace. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers and boss, it is a very respectful company. My days went by fast and I wish I could have worked there longer.
Pros
Busy so day went by fast and nice staff
Cons
How it was so busy sometimes that it would be hard to go on break
Good place to learn new skills and information
RFS Support - IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 1, 2016
As RFS Support you are always learning something new everyday. Either tips or tricks on how to use the software more efficiently or increasing your knowledge about taxes. Hardest part of the job is not knowing how to solve the issue but with teamwork this hurdle can overlooked.
Pros
Great hourly rate
An alright place to work
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 12, 2016
Definitely wouldn't recommend anyone to gain employment there.
Unorganized and very unprofessional.
I had a very rude manager who didn't know what she was talking about half the time and who was very unprofessional to clients.
She spoke of co-workers constantly and it was a bit of a turn off. I did not find her informative or educated at all.
nice
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 14, 2016
IT is a good experience if you are planning to tax. ive learned alot and work under pressure. I have enjoyed it alot got a long with most of the people I worked with at H&R block. District Manager is great though I didnt work much with her throughout the season
I had great time working at H&R Block
Tax professional (Former Employee) –  2000 Dundas streetMay 18, 2016
I learned a lot while working at H &R Block. I learned communication skills,co operate with team members,deal with clients etc.The most challenging part was convincing the clients the value of fee & enjoyable part was getting to know the clients .
Productive lots of learning.
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 17, 2016
Working in H&R Block has lots of learning..it helps a lot for future growth. Clients are very nice. Good Atmosphere to work. Good team work.
Pros
free learning
Cons
part time working after season of work
Great Co-workers, busy and productive enviroment, fast pace which is perfect for me.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YTApril 25, 2016
Generally I come into work at 7:40 and start mopping, sweeping, making coffee, and once that is done its time for costumers to come in. I usually start by filling files away, checking clients in and taking them back.
Best Platform for skilled newcomers
Tax Professional (Brampton District Office) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 13, 2016
Great hands on experience for oversea skilled accountants, they provide great platform and experience to accounting professionals
Speed , Accuracy And Consistent quality productivity.
TAX PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Moncton Area, NBMay 10, 2016
Preparing Tax Return
Tax Filing - Individual , Business ,Rental and Employment Expenses.
Excellent Management
Co-workers good team players
Accuracy, Time Deadline , Customer Service
Pros
Bonuses
seasonal parti-time
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 22, 2015
Did not enjoy working at H&R block. Workers were too aggressive toward each others. They don't support each other. Management was unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Less hours
Wonderful people to work with.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 7, 2016
i spend over 12 years with this company and I was honoured to work with many of the fine and dedicated staff throughout the various tax offices.
funny and friendly enviroment to work at.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 21, 2016
Learn a lot about the basic knowledge about office work and income tax prepare. and also develop the customer service skills.
Working environment is boring
Tax associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 2, 2016
Most of your co-workers there are high aged group of people. If you were a young university student or a new graduate, it is a little bit boring to stay in the office for a whole day without filing tax for clients.
Great place to learn new things.
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ONApril 20, 2016
Management was willing to work with me as this was a new career change. Dealt with alot of different personalities daily. Co- workers very patient and willing to help always.
Pros
New experience
Cons
seasonal
Great Learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONApril 28, 2016
CSP position at H&R block requires a great deal of organization skills, the ability to multitask. There is room for advancement however very little support in the office to new staff members
Good colleague and training
Tax Professional (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJune 12, 2016
Very good working environment, friendly and helping colleagues, intensive training and continuous training provided.
Productive fast paste work
Office Administrator / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Transcona, MBNovember 5, 2015
this job during tax season is fast paste. There are a vast range of clients and demands. In most part it is gratifying for me, as I learnt a lot from watching all the tax pros at work. Working with the all the financial aspects of taxes has been helpful in my learning the other side of doing taxes. One of the hardest part of the job is dealing with really irrate people during the tax season, but reassuring them has been challenging and gratifying at the same time. I get along with all office staff and management, we are a great team.
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
seasonal
Productive and fun workplace.
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2016
I really enjoy this tax season. I get to know lot of people and get easily along with them. I make lot of friends while enjoying doing their taxes. This is an unforgettable experience. I also practice my tax course learn at school and getting very good at it each day passing.
Good
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 9, 2016
Good working environment, more learning while doing tax return. My co workers and supervisor are very helpful and they help me while i am not understanding any thing.

4.3