H&R Block

H&R Block Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loved the experiance.
Office Assistant/ part time (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCApril 15, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: long hours
It was a great Job. loved working with the clients and would like to do it again.hours were 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to saturday. for three months. As it was my first year i was restricted with the level of paper work. I was more frustrated when my CEO then held me back from getting work done because she was busy. She is not there now.
Enjoyable.
CSP (Former Employee), prince george, bcApril 15, 2015
Pros: Absolutely everything.
Cons: Computers breaking down.
H&R Block, is a great place to work I highly recommend applying there. I am currently in process of learning how to do basic T4's. I manage appointments, phone calls, filing, and faxing. My co-workers are great all have a amazing personalities. The hardest part of this job is having the computers break down during a appointment. The most enjoyable part of being here is socializing with my clients and doing the best to make them have a great time here at H&R block. I definitely want to apply here again next year.
Professional and educational place to work
Tax Professional (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONApril 12, 2015
Pros: Working with people, learning new things
Cons: Not always being able to tell clients what they want to hear
Learning new job skills every year
Knowledgeable co-workers
Clients are not always easy to work with, trying to make everyone as happy as you can
Enjoy working with people and learning new things everyday I work
Tax Professional (Current Employee), Halifax, NSApril 6, 2015
Good Taxation knowledge
Flexible Schedule
Very interactive top level Management
One on One client interaction
Customer Service
Accounting
Great for short term and learning about personal taxes
Tax Professional level 3 (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 4, 2015
Pros: Free tax returns for friends and family
Cons: Fluctuating client levels mess with metricks
I loved working for H&R Block. It was a wonderful experience, and I do believe it helped me succeed in education. Lots of people from different walks of life, always meeting different clients with different needs, creates a great learning atmosphere and most tax professionals with more experience are very helpful. Only employed for 4 months, as tax season is only 10 weeks and the pre-season training is minimal. I would go back, but unfortunately was time to move on and explore more career focused opportunities.
smelly atmosphere, crowded areas, busy bodies
Receptionist (Former Employee), High Prairie, ABMarch 27, 2015
I enjoy working at the front meeting people, answering the phone, filing, computer use, copying documents, etc. I did not enjoy vacuuming the rugs, taking care of the garbage and hauling it out to my car and hauling it away. company to cheap to get a dumpster. the clients are free to use our bathroom which I did not agree with. the program for the receptionist was not adequate enough to be able to take care of my mistakes without bothering the office manager. the co workers were polite and helpful to me. I had notes put on my wall of the desk to help me remember things to do according to the receipts, making appointments, etc. I reorganized the area where we store items so that we had enough room for the clients to get around with falling over the items. I unpacked the new chairs that was bought. I carried heavy boxes up stairs into the office and emptied them and broke the boxes apart to be able to throw them away.
Productive environment, senior associates are very helpful in mentoring to develop skills.
Tax Professional (Current Employee), Ottawa East, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Friendly work environment.
Cons: Hourly pay is low.
Day starts with clock in, going over schedule and calling to book appointments. I have learned to listen as a first-year tax professional. Listen and pay attention to details. If mistake has been made admit them and learn from those mistakes. Looking at big picture and assist proactively rather than reactively.
Great place for accounting students
Tax Professional (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2015
I work in this company mainly for tax experience.
HR offers highly flexible schedule for part-time associates and great tax courses for associates to advance their tax knowledge,
Part time work
Client Service Professional (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 22, 2015
As I was a part-time worker. It was a good place to work, nice environment, co-workers were supportive, helpful and respectful. Enjoyable part of the job is to solve queries for the customer and meet new people every time and everyday.
H&R Block
Front Office/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), North Bay, ONMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at to work consists of helping clients book appointment and being them to the scheduled tax associate to complete their taxes. I learned how to work in an office environment. My management was mostly fair depending on the situation. My coworkers were mostly amazing. The hardest part of my job was working late when needed. The most enjoyable part was working with people.
Fun place to work as requires multi-tasking people
Tax Professional (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 20, 2015
Good company very professional and an excellent company for tremendous work experience. I learned time management, customer service, Invoicing, Tax principles,etc. Hardest part of the job is to handle the pressure of clients waiting for longer than expected hours.
A Friendly Place to work
Office Leader (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: 9-5 monday to friday job
Cons: none really
I was an office leader. I answered phones, faxed, printed, scheduled shifts for staff at my location. Filing and customer service. Received clients at front desk and chatted with them while they waited to be served. Best part was the friendships I made with co workers
Productive and fun at the office
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: talking to people
Cons: sitting at the computer long period of time
My typical day at work is sitting at the computer answering phone calls and giving the clients their money. I also organize the folders in alphabet order.
Productive and fun workplace
Tax Professional (Current Employee), Maple, ONFebruary 26, 2015
My Day starts of with doing my daily administration work, checking my appointments for the day. Constantly greeting new incoming clients and answering phone calls.
Take clients into office and do an interview to fully understands their situation.
Provide clients with best tax preparation possible ,take payments and submit.
Great company to work for and friendly co-workers.
Good management
Tax Associate (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 19, 2015
To obtain a position that allows me to utilize my current skills to assist in advancing the business goals of my employer. I am also eager to learn new skills and technological advancements
Friendly coworkers and great management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Milton, OntarioFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: long hours during peak season
I learned how to work the scheduling system, how to handle cash and how to do tax returns as well as answering the phones. I had wonderful coworkers who easily welcomed me into the office and the management was very understanding and helpful when it came to teaching me all my job tasks. The hardest part of the job was dealing with clients who would come in angry about something our office had no power over and I had no way to help them resolve the issue. The most enjoyable part of my job was when we had slower days and I was able to take my time organizing the office and filing paperwork.
Productive and accurate!
Tax Professional (Current Employee), Saint Laurent, QuebecJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: little pay despite the load of wok being done!
Work at the peak of the season is very stressful; however, it gives you a sense of satisfaction. the rest of the time, time at the office passes by nicely and smooth. a lot of team work involved and good communication between employees and the manager. the pay is the least fun part there!!
Conducive work enviornment.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free tax filing for self & spouse
Cons: very less hours.
Learnt a lot about taxations. Made new friends & developed a passion about this field, by interacting & thereby gaining knowledge. Had training sessions of two classes & the real work with the clients will be resuming in Feb' 2015.
Interesting working environment with opportunity to meet new people
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 26, 2015
 Carefully conduct interviews for the purpose of preparing complete, accurate tax returns
 Accurately provide tax information and offers appropriate tax-saving suggestions
 Practice excellent client service techniques to maximize number of clients
 Resourcefully assist other associates in the office in a team environment for the purpose of enhancing client experience
 Professionally demonstrate competency in the area of income tax knowledge and utilize H&R Block’s continuing professional education programs to attain, maintain, and strengthen tax expertise
Broad customer base on individual tax return
Tax specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: off season training course
Cons: low pay
Opportunity to learn and achieved job satisfaction.
During Tax season, work load is heavy. As cross boarder taxation involving, research may require to ensure the software work out made sense.
Some co-worker new landed immigrant, fun to work with them.

1 2 3 4 5

About H&R Block

H&R Block is one of the world's largest tax services providers, utilizing more than 100,000 highly trained tax professionals – Read more