H&R Block
3,375 reviews

H&R Block Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
CSR, Office Manager (Current Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Awesome staff
Cons: Extended hours weeks.
This is my favorite job ive ever had. I get to interact with clients daily in person and on the phone. They are flexible and generous with hours. I enjoy managing an office. It allows me to organize and rearrange things while i add new profiles and clients into the system. I also learned so much while working there and i cant wait until next year to learn even more. I worked in three separate offices and juggled the hours between the three. I had great supervisors at all three offices and they made me feel so welcome and comfortable it really made my job that much easier. I was very happy to go to work everyday and always expressed that in the way i ran the office. At times things can be stressful, but i found for the most part the clients just misunderstand and get defensive. My job was to calm them down and explain and keep them as a client. Which i found to be quite easy. All in all, this was a great place to work.
Great!
Tax Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 10, 2015
Great Place to Work.I learned a lot working at HR, really enjoyed being part of a team but also enjoyed that I got to work independently. Very supportive management, great team!
It is a good company
Bookkeeper/Tax Professional (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2015
It is a good company. I love customers, accounting and tax, so I like working there. I learned a lot when at work and the work is never dull because there is always something new that you have opportunties to learn, so you have to do a lot of research and self- teaching. If you do not to do home work everyday, so do not go to work there.,
Positive fast paced work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 29, 2015
Arrive 15 mins early and log into all systems, review schedule, check email for any updates. Welcome clients and assign them to a tax pro that best fits their individual needs
productive was good on a daily basis
Tax Preparation/Receptionist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 29, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: no comment
management was very helpful. great company to work for. The co-worker are very helpful and co-cooperative. I enjoy working with this , the hours were very flexible.
My day contains
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Flexiibility work around my schedule
Cons: Rate of pay
My hardest part Managed a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment
My typical day is resolved an average of 400 inquiries in any given week and consistently met
performance benchmarks in all areas (speed, accuracy, volume)
My most enjoyable to fulfilled the company’s defined customer experience by maintain a friendly and
customer focus approach
Meeting people - Customer Services
Tax Professional (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Update income tax registration every years to get the best advantage
Cons: Seasonal position only
Talking with people, listening to their problems and help them to solve the problems.
Giving tax tips to client to get maximum refund on their income tax. Give them information about the tax deductible things
flexible schedule
Professional tax consultant (Former Employee), SaskatoonJuly 13, 2015
easy going colleages, 4 months training before work, you got your own office. job is pretty easy but fast-paced. overall good.
Experienced People to work with
Tax Accountant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2015
not very fast paced, a lot to learn in terns of Canadian Taxation Laws and Regulations. Usually more time during the off season to learn.
Great place to work but some major management issues.
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary,AbJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great Social Committee, colleagues that you build relationships with last a lifetime
Cons: Stressful environment, lay offs are easy for the mgmt
Can be a fun place to work with the right supervisor/manager.
Competitive environment, can be too competitive
A lot of brown nosing from co-workers
Tax Professional (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long hours
Very busy office with a variety of client with different needs.
I am looking forward to taking level 4 courses and corporate tax this year.
ideal for part-time job which supplements a full-time job
Tax Associate (Former Employee), VancouverJune 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling and meeting new clients
Cons: low pay and sometimes challenging demanding clients
Good for learning new tax law and to keep adding more customer service skills and knowledge each year. Enjoyable meeting new co-workers and interacting with new and recurring clients.
Junior tax professional job
Tax Specialist - Part time/Seasonal (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 28, 2015
They provide systematic training before tax season starts but the on-job training is not sufficient. Good start as a junior tax professional job
Fun Days
Receptionist (Former Employee), Prince George BCJune 25, 2015
Pros: Dealing with Clients
Cons: Scheduling
Always went to work happy. Loved being with my co-workers. Never hated one thing except schedules. They always seemed to change it on me.
High energy and fast paced
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Shawville, QCJune 17, 2015
Working at H&R Block is a high energy fast paced job. Meeting with clients and preparing their returns. I've improved on my organizational skills and customer service. My co-workers were fantastic to work with, always happy. My most enjoyable part of my day was having satisfied customers.
Friendly workplace and busy
Tax Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 11, 2015
Pros: Training experience
Cons: Distance between work and home
A typical day at work included communicating with various customers and CRA. I learned how to file tax forms and communicate with public over the phone as well as face to face. The hardest part of this job was travelling the distance between work and home with young kids. Most enjoyable part of the job was the the training prior to working.
H&R Block
Office Leader/Tax Professional Seasonally (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJune 9, 2015
Excellent team working company to work for. This company is very fast paced and the employees get along with each other. There is always a lot of customer service experience.
Productive and helped in setting a standard in Customer service levels.
Tax Proffessional (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJune 2, 2015
It was a busy work station. Although seasonal i was able to improve my computer skills and customer service skills.People form varied walks of life came to do their taxes and that gave me an insight into the life of people in canada.
An overall good experience
Tax Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, OnMay 31, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: none
Prepared tax papers for tax submissions and returns
Answered telephones and provided information to clients
Type, printed and copied documents as requested
Performed data entry services
Made appointments and worked with correspondence
great people to work for and with
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSMay 26, 2015
From the time you start until the time you end, you have great people to work with and to help you if and when you needed extra information. Hardest part of the job is when the tax season is over and you miss your co workers. The most enjoyable part is when you are able to help the clients prepare their taxes and show them where they would be able to improve their refund or if they needed extra information forms for different situations.

1 2 3 4 5

About H&R Block

H&R Block is one of the world's largest tax services providers, utilizing more than 100,000 highly trained tax professionals – Read more