H&R Block

H&R Block Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Tax Professional (Current Employee), Maple, ONFebruary 26, 2015
My Day starts of with doing my daily administration work, checking my appointments for the day. Constantly greeting new incoming clients and answering phone calls.
Take clients into office and do an interview to fully understands their situation.
Provide clients with best tax preparation possible ,take payments and submit.
Great company to work for and friendly co-workers.
Good management
Tax Associate (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 19, 2015
To obtain a position that allows me to utilize my current skills to assist in advancing the business goals of my employer. I am also eager to learn new skills and technological advancements
Friendly coworkers and great management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Milton, OntarioFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: long hours during peak season
I learned how to work the scheduling system, how to handle cash and how to do tax returns as well as answering the phones. I had wonderful coworkers who easily welcomed me into the office and the management was very understanding and helpful when it came to teaching me all my job tasks. The hardest part of the job was dealing with clients who would come in angry about something our office had no power over and I had no way to help them resolve the issue. The most enjoyable part of my job was when we had slower days and I was able to take my time organizing the office and filing paperwork.
Productive and accurate!
Tax Professional (Current Employee), Saint Laurent, QuebecJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: little pay despite the load of wok being done!
Work at the peak of the season is very stressful; however, it gives you a sense of satisfaction. the rest of the time, time at the office passes by nicely and smooth. a lot of team work involved and good communication between employees and the manager. the pay is the least fun part there!!
Conducive work enviornment.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free tax filing for self & spouse
Cons: very less hours.
Learnt a lot about taxations. Made new friends & developed a passion about this field, by interacting & thereby gaining knowledge. Had training sessions of two classes & the real work with the clients will be resuming in Feb' 2015.
Interesting working environment with opportunity to meet new people
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 26, 2015
 Carefully conduct interviews for the purpose of preparing complete, accurate tax returns
 Accurately provide tax information and offers appropriate tax-saving suggestions
 Practice excellent client service techniques to maximize number of clients
 Resourcefully assist other associates in the office in a team environment for the purpose of enhancing client experience
 Professionally demonstrate competency in the area of income tax knowledge and utilize H&R Block’s continuing professional education programs to attain, maintain, and strengthen tax expertise
Broad customer base on individual tax return
Tax specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: off season training course
Cons: low pay
Opportunity to learn and achieved job satisfaction.
During Tax season, work load is heavy. As cross boarder taxation involving, research may require to ensure the software work out made sense.
Some co-worker new landed immigrant, fun to work with them.
good
tax associate (Current Employee), bramptonJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free family members returns
Cons: less hours
client bring fraud slips.
knowledgeable place for learning taxes.
Overall Productive
Tax Professional (Former Employee), Parliament and Gerrad StreetJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: work load
There is a need to upgrade yourself there otherwise you will be out of the race, and race is something that one's need to be successful in.
It's a place of work
Tax Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2015
You have to work all the time. Yes, co-workers are cordial and helping as we share information and help each other. Management style is proactive. The hardest part of this job is to phone calls to old clients and most enjoyable part is appreciation form clients as well as from management.
good part time job
Seasonal Income Tax Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2014
really good place to learn
good place for extra cash
really good learning opportunity
but its only seasonal so that a bad thing
Like to work at HRBlock
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONDecember 7, 2014
A busy office not only during the tax season. Love this job, love to meet new people. Wonderful management and co-workers .
A workplace everyone loves
Tax Professional (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2014
A typical day means filing income tax returns for clients.
Learned Customer service skills
Great management
Helpful co-workers
Summary of my experience working in taxes
Tax Professional (Current Employee), Edmonton, A.B.November 16, 2014
Pros: free tax return
Cons: enjoying my work and forgetting to take my lunch
I am the go to guy in the office. I have the knowledge and confidence that backs up the office. I run the late hours plus weekends assisting coworkers as needed. I meet clients and help them achieve what they where after. I manage the people at night plus close down the office. I teach to beginning people in the tax world. This is the part I enjoy passing on my knowledge to other people.
I enjoy the work environment.
Tax Associate (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 26, 2014
Pros: management is understanding to family needs so they are very flexible.
Cons: the pay is not in line with the high level of knowledge required for the job.
A typical day at work involves dealing with clients to complete their tax returns and answer their questions. The hardest part of the job is dealing with client complaints because it is not always pleasant but fortunately it does not happen that often. The most enjoyable part is continuously learning new concepts. Tax laws are always changing and there are many new aspects to learn. We have a great training department on staff and everyone is pleasant to deal with.
Competitve learning experience
Customer service rep (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 10, 2014
The day starts with logging in with computer and look it up the task for a day. Follow up with customer request and give them the pricing for our services. Handle work load and take multiple calls at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the work is that every day is different day, sometime its steady and smooth and at times it slow.Nice place to work but its a seasonal job
Income Tax Office
Income Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Victoria, BCSeptember 8, 2014
Being able to work with other experienced Income Tax Preparers
Productive and a good place to work and learn
Tax Associate (Former Employee), Burlington , OntarioSeptember 5, 2014
H&R Block is a very good place to work and learn. Everyday is a learning day at H&R Block. Managed by really good people. Co workers were really helpful.
Exciting New people
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee), Windsor OntarioAugust 18, 2014
I love working here..Great place to learn and meet people.There is always room for advancement. Courses to take every year.
Great place to learn and meet diverse clients
Tax Professional, seasonal (Current Employee), Regina, SKAugust 16, 2014
Pros: tax training
Cons: no front desk for small offices
Every clients is different, so are the cases. It's a good opportunity to apply your tax knowledge. Having reliable co-workers and good management helps to avoid little mistakes. The hardest part of the job is when you have new complex cases you have not dealt before. The most enjoyable part is having satisfied clients, who book an appointment with you right away for next tax year.

1 2 3 4 5

About H&R Block

H&R Block is one of the world's largest tax services providers, utilizing more than 100,000 highly trained tax professionals – Read more