H&R Block Employee Reviews in Canada

Working environment is boring
Tax associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 2, 2016
Most of your co-workers there are high aged group of people. If you were a young university student or a new graduate, it is a little bit boring to stay in the office for a whole day without filing tax for clients.
Good place to learn new skills and information
RFS Support - IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 1, 2016
As RFS Support you are always learning something new everyday. Either tips or tricks on how to use the software more efficiently or increasing your knowledge about taxes. Hardest part of the job is not knowing how to solve the issue but with teamwork this hurdle can overlooked.
Pros
Great hourly rate
Great.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 1, 2016
This company was great to work with, I really enjoyed being a part of the team. Would definitely consider going back. I learned a lot from this wonderful environment.
Great Learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONApril 28, 2016
CSP position at H&R block requires a great deal of organization skills, the ability to multitask. There is room for advancement however very little support in the office to new staff members
Great place to work, friendly co-workers, exceptional training provided and good mentors all around.
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 27, 2016
• Responsible for conducting client interviews and subsequently preparing accurate tax returns, such a way that the client pays the least possible amount of tax as prescribed by law.
• Implementing customer service and public relations programs, office procedures and reporting systems.
• Clarifying tax related client queries and reviewing the status of COD, Hold & Drop-off returns on an ongoing basis and following up with clients as necessary.
Great Co-workers, busy and productive enviroment, fast pace which is perfect for me.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YTApril 25, 2016
Generally I come into work at 7:40 and start mopping, sweeping, making coffee, and once that is done its time for costumers to come in. I usually start by filling files away, checking clients in and taking them back.
Great place to learn new things.
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ONApril 20, 2016
Management was willing to work with me as this was a new career change. Dealt with alot of different personalities daily. Co- workers very patient and willing to help always.
Pros
New experience
Cons
seasonal
Great training experience; good people to work with.
Client Services Leader/Professional (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCApril 20, 2016
H&R Block has a great training program - taught me about income taxes and services to the client. Very busy during tax time and have to deal with people that are angry they have to pay taxes and don't want to wait for an appointment - was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was a client's happiness when you saved him/her money and they got a good tax refund. Co-workers very knowledgeable and hard working.
Pros
Good training program
Cons
Low pay
An alright place to work
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 12, 2016
Definitely wouldn't recommend anyone to gain employment there.
Unorganized and very unprofessional.
I had a very rude manager who didn't know what she was talking about half the time and who was very unprofessional to clients.
She spoke of co-workers constantly and it was a bit of a turn off. I did not find her informative or educated at all.
Learned to work independently without any manager in the office
Tax Professional (Current Employee) –  270 Kingston Rd East, Ajax ON, L1Z 1G1April 6, 2016
I have a very good experience at working for H&R Block. With each going day, I am learning new things from my co-worker and from my clients too. I am managing the whole office on my own. This was the hardest part of my job, but it is turning into really an easy work for me.There has been days where clients went upset from the office, but there were other clients too who went happier than before.
Fun place to work
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2016
I ended up managing the kiosk that I am working at this year.
I have a great team and most importantly, I have support and access to any assistance I require.
Not friendly towards the Tax Associates
Tax Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
Working towards preparing taxes was great and very interesting to serve clients who have great regards for all tax associates.
Very Positive
Client Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 18, 2016
I enjoy working at H and R Block very much.
I've learned many skills to add to my resume ...unfortunately this position is only seasonal.
Pros
Great company and environment to work in.
Cons
Seasonal Employment
Productive and fun workplace.
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2016
I really enjoy this tax season. I get to know lot of people and get easily along with them. I make lot of friends while enjoying doing their taxes. This is an unforgettable experience. I also practice my tax course learn at school and getting very good at it each day passing.
great customer service s experience , self confidence , responsibility .
Specialiste en fiscalité (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QCMarch 13, 2016
my opinion about a typical day at work is :
big responsibility when am doing the income tax declaration for customers and especially because the customers put their trusts on me .
the management is so important because i have to pay attention of every folder , to not match the papers between the customers .
we work as a team , we all have the team spirit .
the hardest part of the job is when i have something new to do , i have never seen it before , i am alone at the office , and the client have no time to wait , so i feel pressure .

the most enjoyable part of the job is when i finish a declaration and i find that it was well done which is give me a self confidence .
and day after day the communications with clients will be easier and more developed .
I gained valuable tax experience, office and customer service skills
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
Typical office day is busy and exciting in the sense that every taxpayer has his own tax circumstances. In order to address those needs, I learned how to cater to their specific needs using the information obtained from each client and my tax knowledge and skills. My co-workers have also helped me through and the manager provided us with the resources that we need to deliver quality service. Although I work on my own cubicle, it was also a collaborative effort to satisfy H&R clientele and that's what makes it enjoyable!
challenging place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2016
challenging place to work. I love a good challenge. easy going relaxed environment to work. very busy office. good team. learned lots of tax stuff.
n/a
Tax Preparer Training (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 9, 2016
As a tranee I just attending class. I love to study this Tax Course. I'm very glad that I passed the course with flying colours. I'm planning to continue in this field in the future.
Great place to work for
District Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 6, 2016
My only reason for leaving was due to my husband being relocated for his job. Other wise I would have been there for another 15 years!
Friendly work environment
Income Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 22, 2015
1. Assisting clients with their concerns about their personal taxes

2. Working together with colleagues to solve problems

3. Handling phone calls and following procedures to handle difficult clients.

4. Updating files and filing taxes electronically
Pros
Management and staff are very supportive and knowledgeable.
Cons
Seasonal work. There is no advancement in the company.

4.3