H&R Block Employee Reviews in Canada

The experience i have learned
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 2, 2016
Working at H&R Block was a great experience. I learned alot of new thinks like printing Western Union checks for clients that were in-tiled to a refund, doing PWR, AFR, booking appointments,answer calls,end of day cash out, contacting clients to pay balances outstanding, and last but not least i love meeting new people and just talking to pass time. Overall the company was a great work place, co-workers were friendly and so was management.
Pros
Your personal taxes are done for free
Cons
Sometimes it was to quite
Great place to work, friendly co-workers, exceptional training provided and good mentors all around.
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 27, 2016
• Responsible for conducting client interviews and subsequently preparing accurate tax returns, such a way that the client pays the least possible amount of tax as prescribed by law.
• Implementing customer service and public relations programs, office procedures and reporting systems.
• Clarifying tax related client queries and reviewing the status of COD, Hold & Drop-off returns on an ongoing basis and following up with clients as necessary.
Great training experience; good people to work with.
Client Services Leader/Professional (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCApril 20, 2016
H&R Block has a great training program - taught me about income taxes and services to the client. Very busy during tax time and have to deal with people that are angry they have to pay taxes and don't want to wait for an appointment - was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was a client's happiness when you saved him/her money and they got a good tax refund. Co-workers very knowledgeable and hard working.
Pros
Good training program
Cons
Low pay
Fun place to work
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABMay 18, 2016
I process about 15 to 20 people per day. Everybody has a different situation with tax made the job more challenging and made me really listen to their issues and problems.

As a prior I had to train 2 to 3 new tax pros at the time was challenging when I had my own customers scheduling for my time.

Most enjoyable moments are when they appreciate how hard I work for them to find more refunds hiding somewhere.
Pros
meeting clients
Cons
Learned to work independently without any manager in the office
Tax Professional (Current Employee) –  270 Kingston Rd East, Ajax ON, L1Z 1G1April 6, 2016
I have a very good experience at working for H&R Block. With each going day, I am learning new things from my co-worker and from my clients too. I am managing the whole office on my own. This was the hardest part of my job, but it is turning into really an easy work for me.There has been days where clients went upset from the office, but there were other clients too who went happier than before.
I gained valuable tax experience, office and customer service skills
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
Typical office day is busy and exciting in the sense that every taxpayer has his own tax circumstances. In order to address those needs, I learned how to cater to their specific needs using the information obtained from each client and my tax knowledge and skills. My co-workers have also helped me through and the manager provided us with the resources that we need to deliver quality service. Although I work on my own cubicle, it was also a collaborative effort to satisfy H&R clientele and that's what makes it enjoyable!
great customer service s experience , self confidence , responsibility .
Specialiste en fiscalité (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QCMarch 13, 2016
my opinion about a typical day at work is :
big responsibility when am doing the income tax declaration for customers and especially because the customers put their trusts on me .
the management is so important because i have to pay attention of every folder , to not match the papers between the customers .
we work as a team , we all have the team spirit .
the hardest part of the job is when i have something new to do , i have never seen it before , i am alone at the office , and the client have no time to wait , so i feel pressure .

the most enjoyable part of the job is when i finish a declaration and i find that it was well done which is give me a self confidence .
and day after day the communications with clients will be easier and more developed .
An alright place to work
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 12, 2016
Definitely wouldn't recommend anyone to gain employment there.
Unorganized and very unprofessional.
I had a very rude manager who didn't know what she was talking about half the time and who was very unprofessional to clients.
She spoke of co-workers constantly and it was a bit of a turn off. I did not find her informative or educated at all.
Good place to learn new skills and information
RFS Support - IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 1, 2016
As RFS Support you are always learning something new everyday. Either tips or tricks on how to use the software more efficiently or increasing your knowledge about taxes. Hardest part of the job is not knowing how to solve the issue but with teamwork this hurdle can overlooked.
Pros
Great hourly rate
Productive & busy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 9, 2016
It was a very busy place so I learned to have strong problem solving skills in a fast pace. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers and boss, it is a very respectful company. My days went by fast and I wish I could have worked there longer.
Pros
Busy so day went by fast and nice staff
Cons
How it was so busy sometimes that it would be hard to go on break
Great Co-workers, busy and productive enviroment, fast pace which is perfect for me.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YTApril 25, 2016
Generally I come into work at 7:40 and start mopping, sweeping, making coffee, and once that is done its time for costumers to come in. I usually start by filling files away, checking clients in and taking them back.
Productive and fun workplace.
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2016
I really enjoy this tax season. I get to know lot of people and get easily along with them. I make lot of friends while enjoying doing their taxes. This is an unforgettable experience. I also practice my tax course learn at school and getting very good at it each day passing.
I had great time working at H&R Block
Tax professional (Former Employee) –  2000 Dundas streetMay 18, 2016
I learned a lot while working at H &R Block. I learned communication skills,co operate with team members,deal with clients etc.The most challenging part was convincing the clients the value of fee & enjoyable part was getting to know the clients .
Friendly work environment
Income Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 22, 2015
1. Assisting clients with their concerns about their personal taxes

2. Working together with colleagues to solve problems

3. Handling phone calls and following procedures to handle difficult clients.

4. Updating files and filing taxes electronically
Pros
Management and staff are very supportive and knowledgeable.
Cons
Seasonal work. There is no advancement in the company.
Great place to learn new things.
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ONApril 20, 2016
Management was willing to work with me as this was a new career change. Dealt with alot of different personalities daily. Co- workers very patient and willing to help always.
Pros
New experience
Cons
seasonal
Efficient and knowledgeable place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 20, 2016
I loved working here as it is the desired place I always wanted to work. I always wanted to work at an office with well dressed and sophisticated people around me. It gives me a professional feeling and brings the best in me. My work would start with greeting everyone with a smile by walking into everyone's cabin. This prepared me well for the day giving me an idea who's in to work and what their day is like. It also alert all the employees that I'm on and will be serving them. The employees were sweet and helpful, they ll believed in working as a team and were always there to help out each other. This made the entire office an attracted place to work at. The credit also goes to the management for keeping the flow of the office so great. Working around taxes gives you a chance to learn about others lives. This is a very practical thing in Canada and I learned a lot from it.
Pros
Flexible Hours, positive environment, neat and tidy offices.
Cons
Ran out of office supplies.
Speed , Accuracy And Consistent quality productivity.
TAX PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Moncton Area, NBMay 10, 2016
Preparing Tax Return
Tax Filing - Individual , Business ,Rental and Employment Expenses.
Excellent Management
Co-workers good team players
Accuracy, Time Deadline , Customer Service
Pros
Bonuses
Wonderful working experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 9, 2015
our office leader was so helpful... I learned a lot from her; co-workers were easy to get along with and the clients were varied but so nice ... the job itself is nice but the facilities need some work - the washroom is so far away from the office/unit
Pros
very helpful team leader
Cons
washroom is too far away from the office/unit
Working environment is boring
Tax associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 2, 2016
Most of your co-workers there are high aged group of people. If you were a young university student or a new graduate, it is a little bit boring to stay in the office for a whole day without filing tax for clients.
Great Learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONApril 28, 2016
CSP position at H&R block requires a great deal of organization skills, the ability to multitask. There is room for advancement however very little support in the office to new staff members

4.3