Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Client Support Center - Calgary
H&R Block, a leader in the tax preparation industry, is looking for a dynamic Senior Accountant to join its team. This position will be at our Head Office in the Midnapore (S.E.) are of Calgary.
The responsibilities of this exciting opportunity include:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year end closing entries to ensure accurate reporting of operations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; Analyze financial statements, reports and budget estimates.
- Maintain the general ledger system and account reconciliations.
- Perform account analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts.
- Assess internal controls and oversee SOX Control process. Perform risk assessments and reviews of as it pertains to financial reporting.
- Seasonal Cash Flow management and cash requirements.
- Conduct projects based on requests from management. Propose recommendations or enhancements to systems or processes.
- Coordinate the preparation and review of continuing audit schedules of general ledger balance sheet activity.
- Assist with Commodity Tax compliance in conjunction with the Corporate Senior Tax Analyst.
- Supervise a small team of accountants
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Five or more years of experience in a general accounting environment.
- Good general business knowledge and exposure to a variety of business situations.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet modeling (Advanced Excel) and Microsoft Office software.
- Effective leadership, written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning capabilities: ability to handle multiple tasks and projects, completing work on time with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of IFRS and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Completion of a recognized professional accounting designation such as Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant is considered an asset.
- Experience with PeopleSoft applications and mainframe accounting systems.
Indeed - 13 months ago