Position: Programmer Analyst
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Department: Information Technology
H&R Block, a leader in the tax preparation industry, is looking for a Programmer Analyst to join its team. This position is located at the head office in the Midnapore area (S.E. Calgary).
The responsibilities of this exciting opportunity include:
- Work with Database Administrators on database design for efficient integration with applications.
- Design, program, test, implement and maintain an application system
- Work under the project direction of the Business Analysts and develop work plans to accomplish systems projects
- Design, develop and modify tables, reports and screen changes based upon approved modifications to design.
- Perform maintenance to existing application systems and technical documentation
- Document all procedures and processes used throughout the program.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7-10 years of Development experience, preferably in more than one location.
- Strong web and c/s skills in a VS2008+ environment with VB and ASP as the main coding languages along with Java scripting.
- Working knowledge of SSMS, SSRS and strong skills with TSQL.
- ITIL training and experience using of SSIS is considered an asset.
- Ability to develop for and within Sharepoint 2008+ would be an asset as would Service Now knowledge.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, networking concepts and Office Suite.
- Able to work independently in a team environment with minimum supervision.
H&R Block is one of the world's largest tax services providers, utilizing more than 100,000 highly trained tax professionals and having...