Position: Programmer Analyst
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Department: Information Technology
H&R Block, a leader in the tax preparation industry, is looking for a Programmer Analyst to join its team. This position is located at the head office in the Midnapore area (S.E. Calgary).
The responsibilities of this exciting opportunity include:
- Working closely with Database Administrators to collaborate on database design for efficient integration with applications.
- Designing, programming, testing, implementing and maintaining an application system in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with departmental procedures and standards.
- Working under the project direction of the Business Analysts and developing work plans to accomplish systems projects in accordance with department priorities.
- Designing, developing and modifying tables, reports and screen changes based upon approved modifications to design.
- Performing maintenance to existing application systems and technical documentation in an effective and timely manner.
- Documenting all procedures and processes used throughout the program.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7-10 years of Development experience, preferably in more than one location.
- Strong web and c/s skills in a VS2008+ environment with VB and ASP as the main coding languages along with Java scripting.
- Working knowledge of SSMS, SSRS and strong skills with TSQL.
- ITIL training and experience using of SSIS is considered an asset.
- Ability to develop for and within Sharepoint 2008+ would be an asset as would Service Now knowledge.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, networking concepts and Office Suite.
- Able to work independently in a team environment with minimum supervision.
Indeed - 21 months ago
H&R Block is one of the world's largest tax services providers, utilizing more than 100,000 highly trained tax professionals and having...