H&R Block Canada, Inc. is a leader in the tax preparation industry. We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join our fast-paced and dynamic Finance team. The location for this great opportunity is in our corporate headquarters in SE Calgary (Midnapore).
We offer our associates a thriving environment in which to expand their skills and develop their potential. Here are some of the benefits that our permanent associates enjoy:
- Free tax preparation service for associates, discounts for their families and friends
- A comprehensive group insurance package
- A generous tuition assistance program
- A stock purchase plan
- A health/fitness reimbursement program
- An employer-matching Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Free parking
Under the leadership of the Manager, Planning & Analysis; the Financial Analyst will be required to provide value added financial analysis, costing, and projections to internal clients to enable effective decision making and risk management for the H&R Block Canadian organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop, build and maintain financial models that assist management decision making and business development
- Support the strategic planning process by assisting in developing plans, analyzing results and providing recommendations
- Prepare/analyze monthly, quarterly and annual operational and financial reports as well as assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Work with the Finance Department team to drive improvements through the analysis of accounting processes, and make recommendations for standardization and improvements
- Support the Finance Team during peak periods, including ad hoc project work
- Manipulate data and data mining to provide meaningful analysis, both financial and statistical
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, or an equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- 5+ years’ experience performing financial analysis of business operations including identifying underlying causes of business issues and recommending corrective actions
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Capable of planning and coordinating multiple projects; managing various initiatives simultaneously to meet project commitments
- Demonstrated capacity to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, adapting to changing initiatives
- Willingness to collaborate on Finance initiatives and partner with various internal and external departmental leaders and team members both in corporate headquarters and in remote and/or field locations, when required
- Proficiency in MS suite: Word, Outlook, and Excel, including proven experience with spreadsheet modeling
Though not a requirement, the preferred candidate would also:
- Be enrolled and entering the final stages of a CGA or CMA program
- CPA, or other recognized Accounting designation
Do you have a passion for Finance, along with the key skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity? If so, please visit the H&R Block Canada website for further instructions on how to apply.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
H&R Block Canada is a leader in the tax preparation industry.