H&M

H&M Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lack of security and communication
Temporary Contract (Former Employee), Greenhithe, ENGJune 24, 2014
Pros: weekend job
Cons: lack of security when it came to theft and tags
Hardest part of the job was lack of staff available so it was hard to be at all areas with a limited amount of people.
Fun Work Place
Department Leader - Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great place to grow
I learned most of my customer service in this place, great place to grow
Great Retail Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 20, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing
I enjoyed working for this company. it was a learning experience and I met some really great people. The hardest part of my job was keeping the store organized. The customers were very friendly and easy to serve, for the most part. The management team was very understanding and concern with each individual staff member. They tried their best to accommodate – more... everyone's needs. – less
Awful Management / Training
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Trafford CentreJune 20, 2014
Pros: there was nothing good about this position, unless you like running around, working extremely hard, with no drink and people shouting at you for working hard.
Cons: horrible floor manager, lots of late shifts and early starts the next day
I was only here for a week as I could not stand it (and I was offered a far better role).

My first day started at 7am which I thought was rather unusual for a first day but I got there full of enthusiasm for my new job. When I got there, there was no one to greet me and I had to ask the foreign delivery staff where I needed to go, who weren't very – more... helpful. I met one of the supervisors for my floor who was useless and forgot to show me basic stuff like fire exits and didn't give me a very good tour of the shop or any product training. I was put to work waiting for the floor manager to turn up later on. At first she seemed nice and she gave me a 'test task' of tidying one area of the store as quickly as I could in 45 minutes. I thought I did very well as the area I was on was an absolute mess and it was very hard trying to find where clothes were to put them back correctly (as they all looked the same!) but after 45 minutes she came back and spoke to me horrible saying I wasn't good enough. This then continued for the next 4-5 days, I worked very hard completing the tasks I was given, which was also difficult as I was new and had very little training given on the products, and every day this woman would really shout in my face telling me I wasn't good enough and I need to work faster (when I was running around the shop like a headless chicken). Every day when I got home I was absolutely exhausted and in tears. When I was offered a job elsewhere, I ran for the hills and didn't bother working a notice period.

Oh and you are often expected to work a late shift til 10pm or 11pm and then come in the next day for 6am or 7am. Surely this is illegal!! – less
Great Retail Experience
Department Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PaJune 19, 2014
Pros: chances to travel and develop within the company
Cons: retail hours
Perfect place to grow with a company. Lots of opportunities offered as long as you are flexible.
Great benefits.
Very fun store to work in!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: too far from school
ALWAYS have something to do. Clean the store, greet customers, put out new inventory, handle the cash register
Loved Working Here
Sales Advisor/ Lead Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2014
I enjoyed working for H&M because I love shopping there, also I enjoying styling others.
Fun and creative environment with many ways to engage customers and employees in activities
Manager, Internal Communications & CSR (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2014
Great place to work, fast-paced, flat organization, management is involved and present, high-creative energy that keeps the work day fun and productive.
Decent pay, can be a fun environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 13, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunches, hour breaks, at times square location you see a lot of celebraties
Cons: not noticed by management, sometimes feeling overworked
I worked at the Times Square location so of course rain or shine, weekend or week day it will be absolutely packed. As with any retail job costumers can be a pain, but if you have a good relationship with your co workers it definitely makes your time there a lot better. Maybe because of the size of the store I did frequently feel unappreciated, like – more... my hard work was going unnoticed. But when first opened we did get free lunches for a while and still do for special occasions. Overall it wasn't the absolute best job I've ever had but if you take your own initiative and your consistent you can advance in the company. I would recommend it as a place to work. – less
A Good part time job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 12, 2014
Pros: flexable hours, breaks, discounts
Cons: not alot of growth in company, long work hours, closing and opening shifts
I loved working here, but it had its pros and cons as do many jobs
Manager (Current Employee), buford GaJune 11, 2014
Core Activities:
Analyzing sales information to make business decisions
Performed Merchandising, Planning and Forecasting
Strict adherence to maintaining and improving Customer satisfaction
Organizing daily cash deposits
Monitoring employee timesheets and schedules
Implemented Loss prevention and safety techniques
Designed & organized physical layout – more... of store
Inventory Management according to company guidelines
Trained staff in operational procedures and company policies – less
Very fast paced, Great learning environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 11, 2014
Pros: all about growth and development
Cons: working on customer service
Work with stock team, visual merchandisers and store manager on a daily basis to enhance sales.
train and assist new hires with department routines.
restock and replenish sales floor, read sales reports on a daily basis.
assist co-workers in the fitting room, cash point and sales floor.
productive and creative and teaching
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Riyadh, S01June 11, 2014
Cons: long hours
good company and i learned a lot from it about work and management and respect
the most challenging work place plus fun
Sales Associate / Stock Controller (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJune 10, 2014
Pros: open timing..in away
Cons: long working hours sometimes
Everyday is a new day..daily tasks must be done on time at the fist time all the time. Learning is a continues process that help you build your personal confidence and a passion to learn more. People are working on a team basis that is why life at work is always fun and energetic, it is indeed the most enjoyable part of the job..smiling while working! – more... The company and management teaches you how to cope with almost every task as possible thus creating a well round employee and future officers of the company. – less
retail
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Leamington Spa, ENGJune 9, 2014
Pros: long lunches with pay
customer service
im not a fan of working in retail
management was unfair to most people.
co workers, some where really friendly and worked hard and some were childish and lazy.
Fast paced work place
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Cardiff, WLSJune 7, 2014
enjoable job at times
high work load
high demand from customers
always something to do
fun
Sales assistant (Former Employee), bristolJune 6, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: hard work
hard work with rewards
very busy, ethical company, friendly and unique members of staff
Best job ever
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 6, 2014
• Assist customer with returns and exchange
• Open and close one hour photo department and customer service area
• Set up displays
• Train new associates
• Order supplies
• Assist customer needs
everyday task
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 5, 2014
Work at H&M was fun and exciting. I've learned great customer service skills. Management was very organized. my co-workers were great team members on a daily basis. Hardest part of the job was stock work and putting new items on the floor. The most enjoyable part of job was working with great customers that came in the store seeking help.
Fast Paced
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2014
Pros: no dress code, decent pay, some independence
Cons: very busy, management lacked, customer service
The job was very fast paced. The entire day was spent putting away clothes, working on cash registers or managing the fitting rooms. The work was tedious, but passed the time quickly.

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more