H&M

H&M Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly and Encouraging.
Part Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Chester, ENGMarch 5, 2014
I have taken on many responsibilities in this role,and have been entrusted with a vast amount of responsibility. In the absence of a manager, I am often placed in a leader position and am charged with ensuring my colleagues are working efficiently.
cool place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great breaks, good people
Cons: not organized
I think that it could have better mangement team, and more oranization then the place would flow better
Learned a lot about the retail bussiness
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago ILMarch 4, 2014
fast paced
high volume customer service
fashion forward
really liked the working with so many different people
worked in a flag ship store
Great place to gain work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee), Scunthorpe, ENGMarch 1, 2014
During my work experience at H&M i learnt all the basics about working in the retail industry. I enjoyed all the jobs i was given and got experience in all areas of retail.
Fun Workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Kingston upon Thames, ENGFebruary 27, 2014
Good to get some experience but not great management. Meet some great people and also have fun.
Easy going yet, Productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day was fast pace and full of excitement.
Working here, I've learned to work with a close team, also I learned how to work with people more closely.
Management at this job was Satisfactory, they made sure the job was done at all costs.
My Co-workers were friendly and hard working, which made the job easier on my behalf.
The hardest part of – more... this job would have to be the constant running around, which ironically makes it the best part of this job, because I think its good for one to be constantly active. – less
fast pace workplace
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), New York NYFebruary 24, 2014
Each day brings a new and challlenging experience for you as an individual to display your skill, knowleldge and fast pace.
Productive and fun company
Retail Operator (Former Employee), M├ílaga-SpainFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: to see everyday nice and friendly people.
Cons: busy hours at weekends
It was a very nice experience to work at H&M. I learned to work as a part of a team, to help my colleages when I could and to help the customers to find clothes suitable for them.
UGH... this place and tear you apart or challenge you to the death.
Sales Responsible (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2014
This company is good to work in mainly if you plan on advancing in the company. If not, then it's just another typical survivor job.
Coworkers are great, management needs work
Sales (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, decent pay, good bonuses (if your store does well enough to get them)
Cons: not enough hours, too many tasks at once, frustrated/angry management
H&M tries very hard to accomplish many tasks with very few people and few hours. This leads to poor overall morale and frustrated employees. Management has poor communication and often expects you to do too many things at one time. They focus more on getting things done than customer service.
fun workplace,
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 8 hours duty
hnm is very busy store and nice to work.. Its a challenging job, encounter different customer to attend.Management is good, and the hardest part of the job is having the delivery of too many boxes,but still i can managed.
Active work environment
Sales (Former Employee), Bergen Gallery in Bergen, NorwayFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: n/a
I managed and directed all sales staff who worked under me in the ladies' clothing department. I consistently surpassed all sales expectations assigned to me by the management team of H&M. I trained and created marketing strategies to ensure weekly sales quotas would be reached and prepare future sales forecasts for H&M management. The most challenging – more... aspect of working here was the amount of inventory and corresponding labor to upkeep the store. Learning to prioritize and manage time well was key to enjoying work here. The best part of this position was receiving the opportunity to learn something new and useful every single day at work. – less
H&M is a challenging and stimulating work environment that can also be a really fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: 401k plan for part timers
I love my coworkers. Most of them are some of my closest friends.
I have learned a lot about teaching people how to do the job right, and being an encouraging person to work around. The job can be very challenging but the pay and benefits definitely make up for the hard work.
My favorite part of the job is cleaning the store when the customers have – more... left. The Lloyd center H&M has a lot of pride towards the look of our store. – less
Love the job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Daly City, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: great co workers and management
Cons: very strict
Fun working environment while still being professional. Great workers and Management team. Very great working environment I was able to work comfortably.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Massapequa, New YorkFebruary 7, 2014
Great promotion plans. They take an interest, and they help you advance. They also give a lot of free gifts and promotional t-shirts.
fun place to work if u like short hours
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Auburn, WAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: hours
Overall H&M is a great company just kinda boring. Management is kinda off, Coworkers are fun, the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who have attitudes, most enjoyable is getting off
HM
Sales Advisor September (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 6, 2014
love it there ! My Store manager and co-workers are great . everyone gets along. The atmosphere is well balanced, I assist customers upon request since that's how HM works but I will take the initiative to help a shopper if they look confused or lost.
productive and fun work place
sales advisor (Former Employee), Bromborough, ENGFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: not enough hours
I enjoyed working at H&M, there is never a dull day always something to do to keep you busy,
co-workers we're always friendly and helpful.
Fun working environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILFebruary 2, 2014
Its ok I guess. fast pace and fashionable.The employees are fun at times.. depending on location.
Logistics-NCG Coordinator always an exciting day.
(Logistics) Non Commercial Goods Coordinator (Current Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Regular day.

Receiving incoming containers and deliveries.
Scheduling transportation for distributing materials.
weekly inventory of stationery materials
Matching PO's with invoices and approve for payment

I have a staff to oversee. Make sure they are following routines and make every day efficient. I like to have a good communication with my team – more... and any department. I

The hard thing I would say is working in a extremely cold warehouse. Its really hard checking materials in the cold.

I have a good communication with my co-workers we work together. We are open minded with new ideas. – less

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more