H&M Employee Reviews in Canada

good start to field of fashion
Jr. visual merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 18, 2014
great place to work to get your foot in the door in the fashion industry. good if you a fashion student. good pay
Overall good
Responsible Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2012
Very good student job while attending school. Many benefits such as employee discount and competitions with other stores.
fun place to work
Department supervisor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 23, 2013
everything is great at H&M,
we are one team
my co-workers are really friendly
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
night shifts
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto,OnNovember 9, 2013
Recruitment,On-Boarding, Training and Development are my strenghs including Administration and Management skills.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 24, 2014
Positive working environment.
Always multiple tasks at hand daily.
Not what i thought
Associate (Current Employee) –  ottawa onJuly 30, 2014
Things changed after a while. it started off fun and amazing, dont know what happened.
Ideal Workplace if only I can be a full timer here
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 13, 2013
most of the people there are only offered part time position
H&M
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2014
- good company
-good pay --> above average, very good for student
- good employee and entire environment
Every day is a challenge and you never get bored
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Stockholm, ABMay 10, 2013
H&M is a big international company who expands every year and I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to work for it.

A typical day at work starts with a meeting to go through the tasks of the day. We plan the day and divide the tasks between a group of 4-6 people and start working to reach the goals of the day.

I have learned the value of co-workers and team work and to appreciate everyones hard work. Supporting each other is a very important factor in this kind of job and that's something employees at H&M do.

Management at H&M is very structured and organised. They make sure that everything is being done and done the right way. Nothing leaves the company unless it has been through every type of judgement.

My co-workers are very smart and driven and work hard to satisfy our demographics and our company. We have a lot of pressure on us but working together and having the right team dynamic makes us work hard and fulfil the goals that are set out for us.

The hardest part of the job is to balance everyones opinions and thoughts. It sometimes comes to the point where some ideas have to be left out.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you never know what's coming. You don't know what your day will look like until you get there.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short lunch
Fast paced, deadline driven, and team orientated
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 2, 2013
A typical day at H&M as a visual merchandiser begins with an early morning meeting with all managers working that day. During the meeting target sales goals are discussed, and planning of setting up sales are also talked about. After the meeting the merchandisers break off and begin planning and implementing all the store campaigns and activities (sales.) As a visual merchandiser you are responsible for presenting garments to customers based on H&M guidelines, also responsible for maintenance and care of all the display materials whether it be for in store use (such as signage and mannequins) and outside store use (such as window displays.)

Working with management and co-workers are essential because they often help the visual merchandisers to set up campaigns and sales. All involving different tasks such as hanging signage, making signage, tagging garments, folding garments, hanging garments, and ensuring proper customer service.

The hardest part of the job was stress due to not meeting sale target goals. However, not meeting the target sales goals pushed me as an employee to do the best merchandising possible - indirect and directly to the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job was using my creativity everyday. Everyday on the job was different and each day held different set tasks.
Pros
using creativity, working with fashion
Cons
unpaid lunches, low wage
Environnement de travail très agréable
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, ONJanuary 24, 2016
Les journées chez H&M sont toujours différentes et surtout intéressantes. En tant que Vendeuse conseil, mes tâches sont entre autre de faire de la caisse, du service à la clientèle, gérer les cabines d'essayages, et effectuer d'autres tâches connexes. Travailler pour H&M m'a permis de faire plusieurs choses à la fois de manière beaucoup plus efficace et plus rapide, et surtout de gagner encore plus de confiance en moi. Les employés sont très agréables et les gérants aussi
Ce travail est génial
Vendeur (Current Employee) –  SherbrookeAugust 25, 2015
H&M est un emplois super, j'adore mon expérience en tant qu'employé à temps partiel à Sherbrooke. L'équipe de gestion et les employé partage des valeurs exceptionnelles. Les journées sont chargée et j'ai toujours des tâches à réaliser et j'adore travailler pour travailler et non me rouler les pousses. Je me cherche un nouvel emplois, car à Sherbrooke le poste temps plein est comblé et je recherche un emplois à temps plein.
Pros
équipe d'enfer
Cons
aucun poste temps plein est ouvert pour le moment
Environnement de travail
Vendeuse et caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 25, 2015
L'environnement de travail est excellent. Les employé sont accueillants. De plus, il est facile de discuter avec un gérant.
Pros
Rabais pour les employés
Le management
Conseillère à la vente (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville et SherbrookeOctober 21, 2014
La gestion de l'entreprise est très efficace à mon avis. En effet, les gestionnaires sont toujours à l'écoute et savent très bien s'adapter à l'environnement de travail selon les différentes situations. Il est facile de communiquer avec eux, et on se sent apprécié à notre juste de valeur par ces derniers.
Équipe formidable
Vendeuse/Conseillère (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QCAugust 8, 2012
Une journée bien actif au H&M est ce que vous allez voir. Entourer de jeunes travailleurs tres amicale et amusant. Malgrer certain stress evoquer par les client de nos jours, travailler au h&m est une experience tres rafraichissant.
Pros
rabais personnelle employer
Cons
...