H&M Employee Reviews in Canada

Retail can be a great experience if you make it one.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 21, 2013
A typical day of work at H&M starts off with a sales advisor meeting where the sales associates are given an update on what store promotions, sales goals, areas of improvement, and store focuses, new trends are for the day. As a part time associate I provide customer service to a wide variety of different customers as well as maintain the cleanliness of the store. The management team at H&M are really great they always listen to what we as employees have to say and going into work as always a positive experience. The co-workers are good people to work with, we all work as one team and constantly help each other out in any way we can. The hardest part of the job would probably be dealing with such a wide variety of different customers with different needs and wants. I learned that patience is a virtue and that if you keep a positive attitude any situation the outcome will most likely be a positive one. I enjoy the fashions that H&M has to offer as well as their free magazine, of which I am complete utter fan for.
Pros
free h&m magazine, great staff, positive environment
Cons
angry customers
Great Place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 24, 2013
I always enjoyed working at H&M. The team was fabulous, the days were fast paced, the experiences were endless within the fashion industry.

H&M is a wonderful company to work for. When a new store is opened in a different city and even a different country, postings are listed to apply for to go and aid in the opening. The one great thing about that is the opportunity to travel, expand your knowledge and encounter new people who have a passion for the same things you do. It also allows your leadership skills to come into full effect as you have the previous knowledge from working in the store and now have to assist the new staff who are preparing for the opening.

Coworkers and work environment was always fun and lighthearted.
Pros
great environment
Cons
not much room for advancement
fun place to work
Department supervisor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 23, 2013
everything is great at H&M,
we are one team
my co-workers are really friendly
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
night shifts
The best retailer to work for - ever!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2013
I often think it would be awesome to go back to H&M...

The company itself and what it stands for is by far (in my opinion) one of the best to work for. The benefits cannot compare to any other that I've ever had (everything was100% except for dental at 80% - and that was if the company paid for it! If you decided to buy into it ($7 every pay period - then everything was 100%.) The core values were lived every day (you will have people and management whom don't - but that's everywhere I guess.)

The work was hard sometimes, but never the less it was fun!
Pros
awesome company, awesome benefits & lots of fun!
Cons
some people (but you'll have those wherever you go...)
the people make the work fun
Member (Current Employee) –  heartlandJuly 1, 2013
-customer service
-love my co-workers
-hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers
-most enjoyable part of the job is seeing happy, satisfied customers
Ideal Workplace if only I can be a full timer here
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 13, 2013
most of the people there are only offered part time position
Every day is a challenge and you never get bored
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Stockholm, ABMay 10, 2013
H&M is a big international company who expands every year and I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to work for it.

A typical day at work starts with a meeting to go through the tasks of the day. We plan the day and divide the tasks between a group of 4-6 people and start working to reach the goals of the day.

I have learned the value of co-workers and team work and to appreciate everyones hard work. Supporting each other is a very important factor in this kind of job and that's something employees at H&M do.

Management at H&M is very structured and organised. They make sure that everything is being done and done the right way. Nothing leaves the company unless it has been through every type of judgement.

My co-workers are very smart and driven and work hard to satisfy our demographics and our company. We have a lot of pressure on us but working together and having the right team dynamic makes us work hard and fulfil the goals that are set out for us.

The hardest part of the job is to balance everyones opinions and thoughts. It sometimes comes to the point where some ideas have to be left out.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you never know what's coming. You don't know what your day will look like until you get there.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short lunch
Great place to work. great environment. very productive company.
Part time & Full time Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 30, 2013
I've been with the company for many years now, and i love everything about it. there is nothing bad i can say about the company. met a lot of great people who are my good friends today. very fast pace company but its enjoyable.
Very busy store
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 3, 2013
At H&M, I was working in the children's section, managing the inventory and helping the customer find what they are looking for. I would help on the cash, I was very fast and my first time working as a cashier. It was a very fun environment to work at, although the closing time was very long since there is a lot of merchandise and sometimes the clients would throw the merchandise on the floor, therefore it would take an hour and half sometimes to clean the store. But, it was a fun first job and had an amazing staff working with me.
Pros
fun environment, great staff
Supportive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mapleview Mall, Burlington, ONMarch 20, 2013
I enjoyed every minute I worked here. The staff and company values were always amazing. I was challenged every day and supported in my endeavours, personal and professional.
A Job to Learn By
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 23, 2013
Working at H&M clothes was fairly straightforward. A typical day consisted of sorting clothing to go be shipped elsewhere, and to transport boxes around the warehouse.

It was here I learned how to take stock, and how to work under my own direction.
Pros
straightforward
Cons
poor lighting
......
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Enjoyed working for HM, great team enviroment and fast pace. Needs to improve on it's structure, consistancy from Area team and invest in having additional employees on the sales floor in order to meet customer needs.
You can do better.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, ONDecember 20, 2012
This company values sales more than its employees. Despite the fact that I worked as a customer service representative (basically resolving complaints) it was impossible to advance within the company without making sales targets that were never discussed prior to commencing with the company.

Original ideas for improving current policies were completely ignored, even discouraged by management.

Co-workers were over-qualified, intelligent, genuinely nice people.
Pros
flexible time off
Cons
inflexible policies for handling customer requests.
Awesome Fashion. Awesome People
Department Manager In-Training, Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2012
Everyday is different, different tasks and difficulties. I heard learned alot and moved up quickly.
Overall good
Responsible Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2012
Very good student job while attending school. Many benefits such as employee discount and competitions with other stores.
Environnement de travail très agréable
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, ONJanuary 24, 2016
Les journées chez H&M sont toujours différentes et surtout intéressantes. En tant que Vendeuse conseil, mes tâches sont entre autre de faire de la caisse, du service à la clientèle, gérer les cabines d'essayages, et effectuer d'autres tâches connexes. Travailler pour H&M m'a permis de faire plusieurs choses à la fois de manière beaucoup plus efficace et plus rapide, et surtout de gagner encore plus de confiance en moi. Les employés sont très agréables et les gérants aussi
Environnement de travail
Vendeuse et caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 25, 2015
L'environnement de travail est excellent. Les employé sont accueillants. De plus, il est facile de discuter avec un gérant.
Pros
Rabais pour les employés
Ce travail est génial
Vendeur (Current Employee) –  SherbrookeAugust 25, 2015
H&M est un emplois super, j'adore mon expérience en tant qu'employé à temps partiel à Sherbrooke. L'équipe de gestion et les employé partage des valeurs exceptionnelles. Les journées sont chargée et j'ai toujours des tâches à réaliser et j'adore travailler pour travailler et non me rouler les pousses. Je me cherche un nouvel emplois, car à Sherbrooke le poste temps plein est comblé et je recherche un emplois à temps plein.
Pros
équipe d'enfer
Cons
aucun poste temps plein est ouvert pour le moment
Le management
Conseillère à la vente (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville et SherbrookeOctober 21, 2014
La gestion de l'entreprise est très efficace à mon avis. En effet, les gestionnaires sont toujours à l'écoute et savent très bien s'adapter à l'environnement de travail selon les différentes situations. Il est facile de communiquer avec eux, et on se sent apprécié à notre juste de valeur par ces derniers.
Équipe formidable
Vendeuse/Conseillère (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QCAugust 8, 2012
Une journée bien actif au H&M est ce que vous allez voir. Entourer de jeunes travailleurs tres amicale et amusant. Malgrer certain stress evoquer par les client de nos jours, travailler au h&m est une experience tres rafraichissant.
Pros
rabais personnelle employer
Cons
...