H&M

H&M Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and nice place to work.
Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee), Garden City, NYOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work would be me in the stockroom adjusting clothes and certain H&M items. I've become more of a fashionable person. Co-workers were there if needed. The hardest part of the job is being isolated from the wonderful customers. Dealing with fashion is something I enjoy to do.
good experience
Full Time Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Wood Green, ENGOctober 20, 2014
Cons: long hours 35 plus
h&m is growing company and ive learnt a few things by myself and some things from the company. when i 1st got this job they left me by myself on the shop floor so i had to use my common sense and tidy up and give good customers survice. there are good benefits out this company you can work towards being manager or visual but the down fall the place – more... i worked wasn't organised and training people they didnt do it so well.. as i worked in this company for 3 years ive catch up on alot of things in 1st year and my store manager really liked me but downfall was they took advantage of me and didnt treat me what i expected them too. ive trained new staff how to use the tills and how to work on the floor. ive managed the floor with myself and one member staff. my store manager put me in charge to sort out delivery and the shop floor. i was the best member and i committed to this place so i left for a reason and didnt see future there so i decided to look somewhere else. – less
Heavy workload but enjoyable
Sales advisor (Former Employee), LeamingtonOctober 19, 2014
A typical day at work is really fast paced, we are a very busy store. Cutomer servise is our main focus.
Productive and fast-paced environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Westbury, NYOctober 19, 2014
Great place to work. very enjoyable working with great coworkers, and meeting fun and excited customers. I learned some many great skills when it comes to customer servicing and merchandising.
productive work palce
picking and packing (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILOctober 17, 2014
my day consists of cooking, cleaning, bathing .Great jobs for cna.
Sales Associate/Stock/Cashier (Current Employee), soho new yorkOctober 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, great exposure to new trends
Cons: time management, reducing work hours
it is overall a good place to work at, you learn the in's and out's of retail and what works and what doesnt. very hands on and great for advancing.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Massillon, OHOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great boss
Cons: dirty work
Very rewarding.
Endless learning. Working with great people.
Figuring out exactly why a vehicle behaves the way it does.
When we get the job done.
Hard working but fun
Visual Merchandiser Responsible - Ankara (Former Employee), Ankara, TurkeyOctober 15, 2014
I have learnt visual merchandising and window dressing in my recent role in H&M. It was quite fascinating to learn a new quality on top of my different experiences.
workplace
Sales Supervisor/Coach (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: place of opportunities
Cons: just have to keep on top of your own development
this company is over all a great company to work for. There are many opportunities as long as you feel retail is for you. There is many opportunities with this company.
Day at work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), ManchesterOctober 13, 2014
Working at H&M can be a very busy day. Delivery in the morning, till in afternoon and tidying in the evening. The staff are very friendly. The management are very organised and take their job seriously, providing us with up to date information and changes and training us regularly.
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee), Queensgate peterboroughOctober 12, 2014
Pros: 1 free break
Cons: no cons
The job at HMS was an easy job to do simple tasks basic cleaning machinery widows sweeping cleaning bathrooms dusting and using and chemicals
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), whiteplains nyOctober 11, 2014
Replenishing stock onto sales floor
learning how to run sales floor
Management need to learn now to lead
Co-worker are respectful and have great work ethic
the hardest part of the job would be customer
the most enjoyable part of the job would be the customers
friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: compensation
A great place to work but i just feel i'm not getting paid enough.
friendly enviroment
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Bromley, ENGOctober 10, 2014
Pros: learning new skills/team work
Cons: not enough staff
I worked on the tills help with customer service
helping with the layout changes for displays
fitting room service and putting railed clothes back
Good at first
Visual Merchandising (Former Employee), Los Angeles CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: discount, benefits, clothes
Cons: management, fraternization, lazy employees
It started out great but once you are there for a few years you start to see the cracks. The biggest issue was favortism and fraternization, the first place they look for employment is the friends/family members of other employees, Which in turn makes pretty lazy people even more ineffective because all their friends work with them. Its pretty sad everyone – more... is just there for their paycheck and the people who love their job just have to deal with those personalities. The company itself is one of the best in my opinion as far as retailers go with pay and benefits but thats about it. To me it just was not worth the flat out unfair treatment from higher ups to their friends. District team members were friends out side of work with certain people and would just completely disregard anyone else while visits were conducted, it was such a joke! Its a great place to work if you have nothing going for you in your life, but if you want more this is not the place. Know your worth and respect yourself get out of retail in the end they are ALL the same! – less
H&M Review
Sales Advisor, Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2014
my typical day to day was always based on what time of the day I was scheduled to come in. I learned that beauty is whatever gives joy and to be able to make a difference in someone day regardless of what I've might of been going through was priceless for me, management had it days depending on the mood of how they were personally feeling. specific – more... people were a target and it was a lot of favoritism within the store. but all in all things were fine. my co-worker differed in many ways. they were awesome. nothing was hard about my job. I love everything about it. – less
Fast Paced and Family-like Environment.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), ColoradoOctober 8, 2014
Pros: discount, benefits, hour lunch breaks, hours aren't too bad.
Cons: retail, not enough time to do everything, customers treat you like you're beneath them at times.
A typical day at work includes running garments back on the floor from the fitting room or truck. Working on the cash register, doing moves, merchandising, cleaning, all while customer servicing. We are very 'we are one team' orientated and for the most part everyone feels that way. The hardest part is multitasking and time management but you learn. – more... The job overall is awesome, but it's retail! – less
The workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Charlton, LondonOctober 8, 2014
Pros: entitled to 20% off clothing
Cons: constant tidying up after people who messed around with the clothing
This was work experience therefore unpaid work.

At H&M I was asked to unload clothing from the racks onto the shop floor and tidy the clothing on display and help improve its appearance. Although work experience only lasted two weeks I learned that working in retail is something I would not like to pursue as a career because of this I am thankful of – more... the experience I had at H&M.

Being there for two weeks I never conversated or got to know the manager as all queries I had were answered by my supervisor however, my supervisor was a highly motivated energetic person who I got along well with.

My co-workers were also on work experience so it was good to know that there were people my age there as well, other than other people on work experience my co workers we very helpful to me and helped me adapt to the environment really quickly.

Th hardest part of the job was the constant tidying up of clothes as people would lift it up to have a look at only to then throw it down on the display which was really frustrating. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to buy clothes at a discounted price, I was entitled to twenty percent off. – less
Busy, Productive and opportunity to learn
Cash Office Administrator (Former Employee), Hemel Hempstead, ENGOctober 6, 2014
Pros: long holiday allowance, staff discount
Cons: long hours, too many weekends
I worked for H&M for 6 and half years. I started working for H&M as a weekend sales advisor at the age of 16. Once I had finished my Sixth Form Education I increased my hours at H&M to secure myself more work. In my daily role at H&M I was to support and advise the customers in the store whilst they were shopping. I would also be responsible for helping – more... with the delivery, unpacking and restocking. On occasions I would be asked to support the Visual Display team in refreshing departments to make sure there was good stock rotation.

In January 2013 I was given the opportunity to progress. The role I progressed to was a Cash Office Responsible (Admin). In my role as a cash office administrator for H&M I was responsible for the day to day organisation of the cash office along with the management of the tills, money and the daily banking. I had to apply, train and inform others about cash handling in the office and on the store floor. I supported and followed up all health and safety, security and administrative routines together with the store management.
I was trusted as a member of the management team to be a key holder for the store. I was required, on a daily basis, to open the store and be in constant contact with the centre management team and the security companies responsible for the store.
This role is mainly completed within the office of H&M, however on occasion I was required to support the sales staff by helping them complete their duties e.g. helping with the unpacking of the delivery, using my knowledge of the stock and store demands to provide excellent customer service either at the till, the changing rooms or on the shop floor. – less
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
Everyday different types of customers used to come by, dealing with different personalities has developed my communication skills.
the managers had taught me alot of how i can improve my customer servive skills, the co-workers had taught me about teamwork and how important is to trust one-another and the most enjoyable part of the work is giving satisfaction – more... to customers. – less

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more