H&M Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
always something to do
Department Manager (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 20, 2014
there is always something to do. very big on time management
It was a very fast paced working environment and a very friendly team.
admin/sales (Former Employee), SouthendMarch 20, 2014
Pros: a full hour for lunch&a paid tea break.
Cons: working 7 days in a row& having to work almost every saturday.
I learned how to deal with a varied amount of enquiries, either from customers or the customer service team sometimes not all were easy and straight forward. I was part of the management team whilst I was there and found good communication between myself and the other members of management. the hardest part of my job was at times being under staffed – more... as the store ran on minimal staff a lot of the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the admin side of it, answering calls and dealing with all different kinds of people from the customers to the contractors. – less
Stock Supervisor/Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: incentives (bonus'), chances to travel and help start new stores all expenses paid, opportunity to grow to management ect.
Cons: late night closes on weekends, extremely messy clientele, not enough hours after the holidays
This company has helped me out the past 5 years and i have to say I've enjoyed my time here. It's a good company to work for if you're looking to excel in the fashion industry and there is a lot of room for growth since the company is rapidly expanding throughout the United States still.
Working as a sales advisor at H&M
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2014
It is a great job if you are a people person and loves fashion.
great benefits package
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), northern virginiaMarch 18, 2014
great coworkers, upper management leaves little to be enjoyed. work/life balance is non-existent on a management level. benefits make the job worth while, however the company is expanding too rapidly and has lost track of what its beliefs and values really are.
retail
Sales Coach (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2014
Provide customer service and keep the store ... set up displays work closely with management to keep the store running smoothly
Productive flexible workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Varna, BulgariaMarch 17, 2014
I will make my best wih my experience for the organisation.
I graduated University of Economics, my subject is Trading Management.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Edina, MNMarch 16, 2014
Really fast paced. Good company to improve retail skills. Not a lot of encouragement in employees to move up. A lot of false promises.
Best Retail job I have had
Department Manager (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAMarch 16, 2014
Great development of every staff member. Training of every staff member was very thorough. Great benefits and it was all about team.
Fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Garden City, NYMarch 13, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: cleaning and folding after nasty customers
I enjoyed my job and people i worked with. Good pay and they care about there employees. You can travel with the company and move up. If you love fashion this would be a good place to start or even finish. My reason for leaving was it wasn't the career choice i wanted.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2014
Great place to work.On a typical day I either processed shipment, ran the fitting room, worked at the cash register, ran clothes back to the floor, or helped customers out on the floor. Upon closing it was my duty to clean my assigned department.
Tell us about:
SALE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), parisMarch 13, 2014
Tell us about:
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part
fun and productive place to work fast paced environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2014
Love working at H&M. They treat their employees so good and always show appreciation to them. They are very flexible with college students and also people who have restrictions in their availability.
Awesome work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Florence, KYMarch 12, 2014
I love the H &M work atmosphere as far as my coworkers and management. Everyone is so willing to help one another out and we have quite the little family. The store always looks amazing after proper cleaning and setting. Although the pay may be on the downside this is an awesome company to work for.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits
Cons: the hrs vary, i want a set schedule
The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-worker, and the work environment
Great Place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: fashion forward, fast paced
Cons: benefits for part timers
H&M is one of the best retail places you can work at if you want to get a serious sense of what the fashion world is like. Great moving up opportunities if you show enthusiasm and work closely with a manager.
Fashion Forward and a Friendly environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 10, 2014
A typical day at work would be setting up tables by according color patterns with different styles of clothing. Attending customers concerns on clothing sizes and quality. Updates in sales and goals through the day. Having patience would be a priority within the companies daily customers. Also multitasking and visualizing store needs.
Immersive fun company, with terrible management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Gurnee , IllinoisMarch 9, 2014
Pros: dun, good clothes, good prices, nice discount
Cons: bad managers, bad staffing, horrible advancement
Working for this company was fun and enjoyable for the most part , however dealing with managers that were too concerned with how they looked/vanity, and not on what was important became commonplace there.
Could be better.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), CentennialMarch 7, 2014
Pros: monay
Cons: everything else
I have worked for H&M for over a year now and have asked to be promoted to full time on several occasions. They have hired new full timers who have since been fired or quit. This company needs to take better care of their employees.
Very Fun and Serious place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYMarch 7, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: attitudes
I enjoyed working at H&M. meeting new people was a blast but some of the workers could be a little more nice.

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more