H&M Employee Reviews

Fun and energic workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MississuagaFebruary 24, 2015
H&M provided excellent training that ensure I would be prepared for anything! The management team was excellent and very supportive. I've never worked in a more inclusive and exciting environment! There was always something to do, it was never a dull moment! Truly an excellent work experience :)
You can do better.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, ONDecember 20, 2012
This company values sales more than its employees. Despite the fact that I worked as a customer service representative (basically resolving complaints) it was impossible to advance within the company without making sales targets that were never discussed prior to commencing with the company.

Original ideas for improving current policies were completely ignored, even discouraged by management.

Co-workers were over-qualified, intelligent, genuinely nice people.
Pros
flexible time off
Cons
inflexible policies for handling customer requests.
positive and encouraging workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 12, 2015
For the most part my time at H&M was a good experience. There were a few issues with management and communication but thats present in most companies. I would for sure work there again though
Pros
great community
Cons
lack of communication
h&m
Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Burlington OntarioJuly 11, 2015
H&M is a good company to work for with lots of opportunities to grow and develop yourself. They also have a great charitable belief system
fun place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2015
Working with a great team of managers, and staff. Very fast paced, need to be able to multi task. Great customers. Learn how to give great customer service. Use different electronics as related to the job
Pros
people
Cons
nothing
Fast-paced fashion whirlwind
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 4, 2014
- typical day involves cleaning the store, re-stocking merchandise, being on cash, and assisting customers in the fitting rooms
- learned to be efficient, multi-task and finding the fastest way to resolve things
- management is understanding and compassionate
- co-workers are friendly and professional
- hardest part of the job is maintaining the store's appearance during a busy day
- being able to assist customers in fashion forward styles
Fast past and up beat work place. Fun people to work with. Can easily grow with company.
Caissière / vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QcJune 15, 2014
I would sometimes get to work around 6am, to place the receiving cloth on hangers and place it on the floor. I worked as a cashier and would work in the changing room. All in all, the store was almost always busy, that would mean a lot of work had to be done. Even if the store closed at 9pm, we would still be leaving at 11pm.
Pros
25% off everything
Cons
management team isn't so organized.
Great company, excellent values
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 6, 2013
H&M is a cost-conscious company, offering great fashions at a reasonable price. There is a lot of room for growth within the company if the right candidate earns it. Every day at H&M is a little different, which keeps it interesting. Working for this company has taught me to trust my own judgement more often, and that I am capable of handling many responsibilities.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
lack of management communication
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Square oneMarch 28, 2015
It is a good place to work at. I had fun there, if you are into retail than you will be fine, amazing experience. I loved it. management does not really like working around peoples schedule.
Great workplace with lots of opportunities to advance
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 8, 2014
The hardest part of the job is easy; the customers, and only because that's the culture of retail.
A shift is never the same, you rotate hourly from cash, to fitting room, to the sales floor, etc. keeping the job interesting, and time flies.

You learn a lot, and you're in charge of your own development- if you want to grow, say so.
Productive, fast pace fun place to work
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2015
Planing, controling, evaluating operations, managing and developing staff, assigning duties, customer service. Fast pace environment, where we learn to be team player, respecting each other, and not forgething to have fun.
typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new and interesting people everyday co workers are a joy to work with its like a big family management is easy to get along with ive learned to work independently efficiently and focus on the task assigned .
busy, vibrant, long hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 25, 2014
very long hours, which is a good thing if you need it. best part about this job was the people, they were a lot of fun to work with. it can get overwhelming with the cleaning and refolding of the clothing, but other than that its not too bad.
Pros
fun
Cons
can be a lot of work at times
creative and fun environment
Department manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary,ABNovember 12, 2013
typical day at work was fast paced,fun and satifying.
learned something new everyday.
worked very well with management
Hardest part was scheduling staff with few hours
most enjoyable was meeting new people
Productive and Active Workplace With Friendly Envionment
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Promanade MallOctober 21, 2013
- Pleasant
- Kind People
- Growing Sales
- Part time Job
- Typical day at work consumed of stocking new merchandise, Opening the store and welcoming customers and increasing sales.
- Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with all different types of people from old and young generations and being able to help them with their needs.
- I worked very well with my coworkers that I befriended and certainly to this day am still friends with. We worked well as a team and helped each other with different types of chores and assignments with great results.
Pros
discount on merchendise
Cons
short breaks
Great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2013
This was my first job and it worked out well while I was attending university. Typical retail job with friendly coworkers and approachable management.
Productive and fun workplace with H&M
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2014
-running "ponies on the floor"
-garment caring for the clothes
-placing costumers in the fitting room
-proper cash procedures
-cashier
-return policies
Pros
great team
Cons
you worked long hours
Fast paced, deadline driven, and team orientated
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 2, 2013
A typical day at H&M as a visual merchandiser begins with an early morning meeting with all managers working that day. During the meeting target sales goals are discussed, and planning of setting up sales are also talked about. After the meeting the merchandisers break off and begin planning and implementing all the store campaigns and activities (sales.) As a visual merchandiser you are responsible for presenting garments to customers based on H&M guidelines, also responsible for maintenance and care of all the display materials whether it be for in store use (such as signage and mannequins) and outside store use (such as window displays.)

Working with management and co-workers are essential because they often help the visual merchandisers to set up campaigns and sales. All involving different tasks such as hanging signage, making signage, tagging garments, folding garments, hanging garments, and ensuring proper customer service.

The hardest part of the job was stress due to not meeting sale target goals. However, not meeting the target sales goals pushed me as an employee to do the best merchandising possible - indirect and directly to the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job was using my creativity everyday. Everyday on the job was different and each day held different set tasks.
Pros
using creativity, working with fashion
Cons
unpaid lunches, low wage
Fun, energetic workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMay 21, 2014
H&M created a friendly, fun environment for people to work in. Management pushed employees to excel and actively supervised the team, helping out when necessary.
A Fun, Comfortable Environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 12, 2015
Working at H&M was really fun. My coworkers and managers strived to keep everyone productive and genuinely cared about their employees which made me want to go that extra mile.