H&M Employee Reviews in Canada

busy, vibrant, long hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 25, 2014
very long hours, which is a good thing if you need it. best part about this job was the people, they were a lot of fun to work with. it can get overwhelming with the cleaning and refolding of the clothing, but other than that its not too bad.
Pros
fun
Cons
can be a lot of work at times
Productive and fun workplace with H&M
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2014
-running "ponies on the floor"
-garment caring for the clothes
-placing costumers in the fitting room
-proper cash procedures
-cashier
-return policies
Pros
great team
Cons
you worked long hours
creative and fun environment
Department manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary,ABNovember 12, 2013
typical day at work was fast paced,fun and satifying.
learned something new everyday.
worked very well with management
Hardest part was scheduling staff with few hours
most enjoyable was meeting new people
Productive and Active Workplace With Friendly Envionment
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Promanade MallOctober 21, 2013
- Pleasant
- Kind People
- Growing Sales
- Part time Job
- Typical day at work consumed of stocking new merchandise, Opening the store and welcoming customers and increasing sales.
- Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with all different types of people from old and young generations and being able to help them with their needs.
- I worked very well with my coworkers that I befriended and certainly to this day am still friends with. We worked well as a team and helped each other with different types of chores and assignments with great results.
Pros
discount on merchendise
Cons
short breaks
Fun, energetic workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMay 21, 2014
H&M created a friendly, fun environment for people to work in. Management pushed employees to excel and actively supervised the team, helping out when necessary.
Great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2013
This was my first job and it worked out well while I was attending university. Typical retail job with friendly coworkers and approachable management.
Fast paced, deadline driven, and team orientated
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 2, 2013
A typical day at H&M as a visual merchandiser begins with an early morning meeting with all managers working that day. During the meeting target sales goals are discussed, and planning of setting up sales are also talked about. After the meeting the merchandisers break off and begin planning and implementing all the store campaigns and activities (sales.) As a visual merchandiser you are responsible for presenting garments to customers based on H&M guidelines, also responsible for maintenance and care of all the display materials whether it be for in store use (such as signage and mannequins) and outside store use (such as window displays.)

Working with management and co-workers are essential because they often help the visual merchandisers to set up campaigns and sales. All involving different tasks such as hanging signage, making signage, tagging garments, folding garments, hanging garments, and ensuring proper customer service.

The hardest part of the job was stress due to not meeting sale target goals. However, not meeting the target sales goals pushed me as an employee to do the best merchandising possible - indirect and directly to the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job was using my creativity everyday. Everyday on the job was different and each day held different set tasks.
Pros
using creativity, working with fashion
Cons
unpaid lunches, low wage
Overall good
Responsible Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2012
Very good student job while attending school. Many benefits such as employee discount and competitions with other stores.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto,OnNovember 9, 2013
Recruitment,On-Boarding, Training and Development are my strenghs including Administration and Management skills.
Friendly and team focus
Part Time Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2014
I learned to work with zero to no supervision. i followed routine. The managers were always understanding and enthusiastic. Hardest job was always inventory nights once a year we would have to count every item in the store. i enjoyed our seasonal potlucks where we get to talk about up coming trends and how well we did the previous seasons.
Pros
discounts on clothing
Cons
high turn over rate so we were sometimes short staffed
It was a great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duffren MallJuly 30, 2014
At H&M i learned how to communicate with a lot of different type of customers.Some people would come in not with out having any idea how to say a word in English but we found some ways to understand one another. I loved that feeling of helping customers and they appreciated it.
Fast-pace and engaging work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MontrealOctober 27, 2014
A typical day at work involves listening to customers needs and helping them find what they're looking for.
All the employees from sales associates to store managers work together to fulfill common goals.
The Highs and Lows of Retail
Full Time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 23, 2014
My job extends out into the world of one on one in fast paced fashion consumerism. It has it's highs and lows, and I have been doing it for many years.
Pros
have learned a lot
Cons
emotionally draining
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 16, 2014
Overall H&M was a fun place to work. The people who work there make it fun, and the company is all about promoting within so there is lots of opportunities for growth.
Great place to work. great environment. very productive company.
Part time & Full time Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 30, 2013
I've been with the company for many years now, and i love everything about it. there is nothing bad i can say about the company. met a lot of great people who are my good friends today. very fast pace company but its enjoyable.
A Job to Learn By
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 23, 2013
Working at H&M clothes was fairly straightforward. A typical day consisted of sorting clothing to go be shipped elsewhere, and to transport boxes around the warehouse.

It was here I learned how to take stock, and how to work under my own direction.
Pros
straightforward
Cons
poor lighting
excellent job culture and work experience
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2014
Team work is key in retail and having leadership skills is a bonus.
Pros
free gift card to spend at the store, good team environment
Cons
cancelling shift on non busy days
Supportive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mapleview Mall, Burlington, ONMarch 20, 2013
I enjoyed every minute I worked here. The staff and company values were always amazing. I was challenged every day and supported in my endeavours, personal and professional.
......
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Enjoyed working for HM, great team enviroment and fast pace. Needs to improve on it's structure, consistancy from Area team and invest in having additional employees on the sales floor in order to meet customer needs.
Best retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2014
The sales approach at H&M is both refreshing and invigorating. Employees are empowered and always encouraged to have fun and be themselves.