H&M Employee Reviews

good crew lousy management
1st year apprentice (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 July 2016
good pace lots of work a good crew as well as excellent pay.
i would defiantly work for that company again if they expanded to where i live
Fun working environment at most times.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
Really good job experiment but not so good work environment, people are very rude and not friendly at the H&M at Yorkdale.
Don't work here
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 January 2016
A typical day at work consisted of putting clothing back on the floor, attending to customer needs, time doing customer transactions, setting up displays. My co-workers were amazing people that made going to work great. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who would come from area office. They assume you don't know how to do your job and treat you in a disrespectful manner. The most enjoyable part was being around my co-workers. Some members of management were fantastic and were what you would want as a manager and others were not so great. Some of them did not pull their weight and were unapproachable.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
area office visits, bad management
okay job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2016
It is a good job in terms of flexibility but it gets tiring. You get rude customers but the managers can be really rude. It is repetitive but, if you love the culture of it, you will love the job.
Pros
sometimes free lunch, fun co workers
Cons
rude customers, rude management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 February 2016
I worked here basically my whole working life. there is plenty of room for advancement. the management is very accommodating. and I am still great friends with people I worked with
Head Office doesn't make crucial decisions
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC15 March 2016
There was many issues with regards to a manager and few workers. Head office realized the issue, visited on multiple occasions and got letters from every single employee. Nothing was done in a span of almost 2 years. The schedules are changed without any let alone, proper notice. They mix complaints, reviews and surveys and have no care for employee opinion, beyond the scope of making it seem like they do with "useless" questionnaires that reached no one and resolved nothing.
Fast Pace Environment with Awesome Management and Co-Workers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta20 January 2016
Its a fast pace environment where you have to deal with be able to multi-task between helping customers, putting clothes away, being on cash and being in the fitting rooms. The management team is awesome and are always available to help support staff when they need assistance. The co-workers are very helpful and we all support and rely on each other, its a very fun work environment but you know when you have to be serious in order to get the work done.
Pros
25% staff discount
Cons
Fast pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2016
It's a great environment if you like a fast pace. There's always something to do, you will never find yourself standing or walking around looking for tasks to be completed.
Fun place
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2016
I had a wonderful seasonal experience. I enjoyed working extra hours because I gained much more money. My schedule was pretty flexible and I was given days off before my exams.
Good work environment
Consistently provided excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 December 2013
Strong team.
Great staff.
Good communication with management.
Annual reviews.
Room for promotions and salary increase.
Pros
Positive work environment
Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  KW15 March 2016
It was a great experience working with H&M. You get to meet new people and deal with different situations. The management is great and the co-workers are really friendly. The best part about the job was that it helped me build up my confidence.
Everyone was energetic and friendly
Sales Associate, retail (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2016
This was a co-op job placement, everyday I would help unload the trucks and clean the changing rooms, help the costumers as well as other employees whom needed it.
The hardest part about this job was not knowing where the clothes went in the store, for the beginning of the time that I've worked there. Though I caught on fast.
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with new people everyday, getting to know all the other employees and my boss.
Fast paced, enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2016
Fast paced food service, typical day at work would be baking, working as barista and cleanup. Being available on cash, making food and taking in orders, as well as drive thru.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB17 April 2016
The managers are awesome; everyone makes it a very fun place to work; there are many opportunities for advancing in the company; H&M is a very honest and sustainable corporation and it is an honour to work for them.
Productive goal oriented team environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 March 2016
Fast paced customer service with daily sale goals. Team oriented work place with very good management. Very friendly staff and great work ethics.
Pros
Great management
Lots of hard, tiring work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto5 August 2015
a typical day of work is constantly cleaning and folding, and re-cleaning and re-folding the entire store, and running things from the fits. Hardest part of the job is how physically demanding and non-stop it is. management, can be good, but there's a lot of stuck up people who work there.
Pros
long hours (big pay cheques), some good co workers
Cons
long hours, rude customers, fast paced environment, constantly on your feet
Overall good
Responsible Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2012
Very good student job while attending school. Many benefits such as employee discount and competitions with other stores.
Work life at H&M
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2015
A typical day for me at H&M is organizing, stocking, cleaning and visualizing the store to invite customers. I've learned how to have good customer service, with this job you need a lot of experience with that. The management was great. My co-workers were close to me, I guess I get along with people very well. They were like family to me. Hardest part of this job was trying to deal with customers that gave the hardest time. The most enjoyable, I'd have to say dressing the mannequins, designing the store, organizing and stocking new clothes out on the floor.
Pros
Inviting staff
Cons
Free time after most of the work is done, I dont like not having tasks. I like to continuously work.
High paced and fun.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2016
Good company. Fast Paced and always on the move but you will enjoy and there is the added benefit of 25% off every thing.

Direct and indirect customer service support.

 Upselling and cross selling to customers

 Logistical support.
Acceptance
Part Time Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, Ontario31 July 2015
While working at H&M, I found that management was not doing their jobs correctly. I worked retail for many years and I've never experience something like this before. It is very catty, unreliable, unprofessional, and unjustified at times. Management plays favourites which is absolutely uncalled for. They are also very manipulative and would rather give you bad advice rather than help you.

The only thing I liked at my store was the people! My co-workers tried their very best to stay together and help each other when needed. The hardest part of my job, was literally all the stress that was constantly being pushed out in the work environment.