H&M

H&M Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast paced hectic environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2014
Pros: money and benefits
Cons: late nights, early mornings
lots and lots of shipment everyday early mornings and late nights.
The Biggest Part of My Career
Visual Project Manager (Former Employee), United StatesApril 9, 2014
Pros: great opportunities to advance
I spent nine years with H&M and will say that while it was hard work, it was incredibly rewarding. This is a company that you can advance in based on your abilities and dedication alone. There were many opportunities for advancement within especially at a time when they were growing so quickly. A typical day wasn't typical. That was the great part. – more... As a project manager the entire setup depended highly on the building site and what was available. There was no shortage of challenges along the way but that was what made it all the more exciting. I owe all my years of extensive travel to this company and wouldn't change a thing. I learned a lot about what I was capable of and that I could take on some serious challenges. I learned to think fast on my feet and deal with hundreds of people at the same time. I loved every second of it. The hardest part of the job was the hours. There was always a looming opening date that could not be changed, so sometimes the hours were long. Regardless, we always got it done. – less
Fast pace environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: requires open availability
A young workplace with a fast pace environment. Need to be able to multitask efficiently.
Productive.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
The workplace was very diverse and we were trained in all aspects of a retail setting. Therefore we were able to do register, stock work, customer service, and many more.
PT sales associate
PT Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 7, 2014
Best job if you love retail. Very fast pace and it was all about fashion. We all worked as a team to get the job done.
challenging work place with loads of eexperience
Department Manager (Current Employee), Dubai, DUApril 3, 2014
- A typical day at work starts with briefing all the team about the business plan and the tools to achieve it , give tasks to the right person in the right time at the right time .

- Being a part of H&M provides me alot of experience challinging work place with alot of fun .

- Management : being leader by example - creativity - motivational

- Co-workers – more... : team work is the main role

-Over all work in H&M is enjoyable by creating challenging and motivational environment – less
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 2, 2014
Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall is a great place to work. The manger was very understanding when changes in your life occurs. Awesome discounts. It was a great team to be apart of. I did my job and enjoyed the interaction. I only left because my auto injury was preventing me from being able to stand for long periods of time.
fun place, nice pay, time consuming
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), gaApril 1, 2014
very fast paced
a juggling act for smaller stores
management does not seem to communicate with other managers
coworkers are awesome
Fun Place to work and learn about fast fashion
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: work balance
Cons: low staffing
I enjoy working at H&M the only thing I didn't like was the low staffing they had. Sometimes you have to work different functions and it will get crazy!
n/a
Provided Customer Service (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHMarch 31, 2014
Provided Customer Service, performed cash register functions. Assistant to store visual stylist ensuring the up keep and styling of mannequins, informed customers of current fashion trends. Stockroom leader, maintained store cleanliness and stockroom organization to maximize the customer shopping experience. Prep and process merchandise to the store – more... sales floor. – less
Don't work here
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 30, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I loved my co-workers but the management at that store was so corrupt, Im working 4 hours a week...
H&M
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 30, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: hours
The people and everyone I worked with where great except the store manager, he told all the part time employees that we were going to get more hours and now I only work 4 hours a week...hes also very impossible to talk to
A fun working place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), København, D84March 29, 2014
On a typical day I would restock the items and share ideas on how to sell additional accessories by displaying them with an outfit. I liked helping out customers and giving them ideas about how to put together a great outfit.
The hardest part of the job was definitely working under pressure whenever there is a sale, however I do enjoy myself because – more... of the rate of sales increase and get a good pay.
I really like helping out customers with picking together an outfit, whether or not it's for a special occasion or a casual look. – less
Perfect place to stay current on fashion and trends
Sales Associate/Night Stock Team (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2014
Processing new shipment of garments to be placed on sales floor
I learned to merchandise, lead a team, and the value of team work
Fun Creative work place
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee), las vegas,nvMarch 28, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks
I learned creativity is the key in retail , also sales, sales is alot. When working in retail , customer service is a big part , smiling all through the day making sure every customer is satisfied.
very fast paced
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 27, 2014
great experience i was the leader for the accessory department.
Only Ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 27, 2014
Pros: good job while in school, experience workign with customers
Cons: lower pay, not great hours, not great culture overall
It was a good place to work at out of college but not something that is really going to advance your career. Found some people to be hard to work with especially when they are not on time for their shifts. Also in general it is hard to work in retail as the time on your feet is tough, the pay is low and you can get people that are generally rude to – more... you. – less
great job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Daly City, CAMarch 27, 2014
Serving customers on a daily basis, providing satisfactory service.
Maintaining a cleanly work environment to ensure health code requirements are met.
Handle money as a cashier, making cash drops and ensuring that the balance of the cash drawer is maintained.
Responsible for rotating stock, as well as restocking store products.
Very fast paced
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Farmington, CTMarch 27, 2014
Pros: good pay, flexable scheduling, job benefits
Cons: breaks, vacation
A typical day would involve ringing on the cash register, brining in shipments to replenish new items/clothing or working the fitting room. I learned a lot about retail & learning to work towards meeting a goal. The management was there if you needed anything whether it be schedule conflicts or any personal issues. My interaction with co-workers was – more... mostly minimal due to high store volume and meeting a goal. Hardest part of the job would be the yearly inventory, the most enjoyable part the holiday hours & compensation. – less
self-review and motivated working environment
H&M Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Tsim Sha TsuiMarch 26, 2014
Despite the fact that different colleagues have their own orientation, religious and beliefs, the working environment is harmonious. Managers are motivating and willing to provide helps.

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more