H&M

H&M Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall good
Responsible Sales Adviser (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2012
Very good student job while attending school. Many benefits such as employee discount and competitions with other stores.
The best place to work in retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good pay, and benefits
Cons: part timer
Typical day at work would be head cashier, payroll,helping and greeting customers,garment caring and stock. I've learned how to run a retail store with and without supervision and to have patients. My co workers was amazing ,very diverse, open and straightforward. The hardest part about h&m was closing the clean up wasn't pretty.
Great work environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Okemos, MIJanuary 22, 2015
I work with customers and help assist them in garment choices; I also work as a cashier. I absolutely love my co-workers and management, they're a great team to work with. There is really no hard part to the job, the most enjoyable part would be interacting with the different customers that come into the store.
Productive work place
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
I enjoy working for a company who values team work so much. There is always something to do, this job keeps me on my toes. We believe in people!
Productive and fun workplace.
SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee), MalaysiaJanuary 21, 2015
The Swedish fast- fashion apparel company exposed me to a wonderful world and experience of fashion, fast- changing, fun and dynamic work space that I couldn't ask for more. Here, I have the opportunities to meet people from different countries, backgrounds and cultures which is exciting. In H&M, I have the opportunities to interact, communicate and build relationship with customers and co- workers from a diversity of background. I also gained experiences and developed better problem- solving and communication skills in handling unexpected events such as handling complaint from customers. The working environment and relationship between co- workers were good with the effort of the management team organizing employees' bonding activities such as dinner gathering, movie, season kick- off and so on. The most enjoyable part of the job is that employees are constantly rewarded by H&M if the team performed well in achieving the company's target which is very motivating. The most exciting part is the career advancement opportunities offer to anyone. Further, employees are constantly undergoing training in order to be at their best to perform the best customer service to the customer.
Productive and fun work place with lots of different people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Hamburg, HHJanuary 20, 2015
Working at H&M was a truly rewarding experience. For the short time I was there I made new friends and learned what it is really like to work in retail and the importance of customer service. I dealt with many different customers and found out the best way to approach different people. I became very efficient in keeping the store presentable, customer service and doing security checks on the products we had. The staff that worked there definitely made it a very enjoyable experience

H&M was a very worthwhile experience and somewhere i highly recommend.
Fun work place
csr (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Laid back environment, self expression and creativity are encouraged, very diverse group of people.
Productive work fulltime
Part-Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Windsor, ENGJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: 25% discount
Cons: long hours for unfair pay
First thing in the morning would be floating the tills, hence I'd have to come in ten minutes early. The shop doors would be opened at 9am and most days we have customers through the door straight away.
The store was never really quiet. So having to provide excellent customer service, to serve customers on the tills, put out all delivery and make sure the fitting room and shop floor was always tidy.The expectations were very high but I managed to follow the simple rules and get my work done.

H&M is a very busy environment and we get many tourist through the door. Having to provide customer service to non English speakers was tricky but eventually learned how to communicate with our customers.
For bettering my customer service skills in general, I had finally felt appreciated after being spoken to by head office and management for providing expectational service to our everyday customers.

The management I feel are unprofessional as there is favouritism between staff and management, unfairness, bullying and gossiping. This type of behaviour has made me struggle to try and learn to enjoy my job. But my self and co-workers have managed to get through each day as a team.

I though the weekend we're our busiest days until Christmas was round the corner. As soon as we were in December, We were ridiculously busy almost every day. There would be queues at the till point going half way down the store, Children throwing clothes everywhere, Careless and rude customers demanding to find an item, and to top it all of, Head Office were cutting down on hours which left us short staffed most of time. All of this went on for a whole month. This was truly the hardest experience so far with the company.

Most enjoyed part of working at H&M are working with my co-workers. I've enjoyed every bit of working with them and have been educated me allot.
Good Retail Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sanford, FLJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day consists of: working cash register, completing simple day-to-day tasks, processing shipment, taking care of garments, and assisting coworkers and managers with any other tasks.
Great location, and great clothes
Cashier (Former Employee), SohoJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks, tough hours
As hectic as H&M was they had great clothes and a wonderful employee discount. It was a great location so the people were fairly nice. I have learned a good amount of retail knowledge, and how to work as a team. The hardest part would have had to been the crazy hours.
faced paced, gaining experience/skills, productive work environment everyday
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Hammersmith, ENGJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
it was a place where you would pick up your job role so quickly because everyday was a different day, I picked up so many skills and its made me a better person the reason behind leaving compant was because I was doing 20 hours a week and wanted a full time position work which then I could then up my level and hopefully become a team leader and then a floor manager
Office Jobs are AWESOME!
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2015
Even though i was intering for a short period of time i fairly enjoyed myself in the office environment. I enjoy the filing the typing answering phones and workig closely with my coworkers. Prefferably in the near future i would love to get out of retail and move into the office workplace permanently
Fast Paced, efficiency focused stockroom
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Fast Paced, Efficiency focused stockroom. Organization is very important and the stock team works to maintain BOH areas and incoming product.
Okay job
Sales Adviser (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: working with clothes, fun, good people
Cons: play favorites, hours, work life balance
Its a good first job with a fun work setting . Depending on if you have good managers.
It was really fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee), 北京市, C22January 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch and good work environment
Cons: busy and work hours long
from this workplace will learn how to juggle multiple tasks and work under pressure.With very good management and environment , the co-workers here almost friendly and have lots of passion about their own work . The hardest part of work is there sometimes have some customs hard to handle with this time must show lots of patience and friendly attitude . the most enjoyable part of this job is H&M's cloth always lead the fashion trend and i love fashion , so from here i enjoy a lot .
Loved Working here
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), MDJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: pay, environment, endless opportunities
Cons: getting hired
If you are into fashion this is the company for you to be employed with. Very diverse, fun environment, busy in environment. H&M values stuck with me even after I parted ways with the company, they made me into the person I am today, hard working and efficient.

Great body of employees, the pay is pretty good, which means people will work their shifts.

The work load is spaced out amongst managers, supervisors, and visuals.

I had the liberty of supporting other stores, opening new stores as lead

This is how a company should be run. Especially Retail.
H&M
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee), Derby, ENGJanuary 6, 2015
Cons: everything
Don't ever go to H&M derby worst job i ever had. i advise if you want a job in retail and want to enjoy it. stay away from this store it will make you hate life. the only good thing about it was the discount you got. all together i regret ever applying for a job their
Fun Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: little work hours for part timers
It is a fast paced environment. Having good communication skills is a must. Have to be patient and be friendly so that the customers feel comfortable with you. Have to be approachable.
provided customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed working in a fast paced environment where i met people from all over the world
Sales Advisor
Surrey - Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Croydon, ENGJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: staff discount, wear own uniform (sensibly!)
Cons: not much time to get to know other staff members.
Processing deliveries with team and putting product on to the shop floor. Replenishing new lines of product throughout the morning. Looking after departments such as kidswear, womenswear and menswear. Serving customers at the till points. Managing the fitting rooms. Putting out rail of clothing from the fitting rooms and returns cupboards. At the end of the day, cashing up, tidying. Management team lets the staff out after checking bags.

Opportunities to progress in Visual or management or supervisory if wanted.

Very friendly management team. Fast paced. Very fast paced and the day goes by quickly.

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more