H&M

H&M Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall good
Responsible Sales Adviser (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2012
Very good student job while attending school. Many benefits such as employee discount and competitions with other stores.
Productive, Strong working relationships with colleagues from all levels.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Chichester, ENGNovember 21, 2014
Pros: guaranteed 35 + hours contracted, team work, productive, excellent co-workers.
Cons: working weekends, low pay for the amount of work produced, poor benefits.
A typical day at work in H&M is very productive. Each day there are a variety of tasks that need to be undertaken by all co-workers, these include:

- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
- Dealing with customer refunds.
- Responsible for security within the store and being on the lookout for shoplifters/fraudulent cash.
- Keeping – more... up to date with special promotions and putting up any displays.
- Receiving, storing and processing deliveries of large amounts of stock.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to a manager.
- Answering queries from customers.
- Working as a team and independently to achieve all daily tasks to a set deadline.
- Being responsible for a department in store and changing mannequins to current trends.
- Carrying out cashing up procedures when the store is closed. – less
Friendly and interesting place to work
Sales Assistant Full time and Part time (Current Employee), Sheffield, ENGNovember 21, 2014
A typical day at H&M starts with a meeting to discuss the figures for the day. Daily tasks involved serving customers and dealing with cash at the tills, helping and giving advice to customers on the shop floor and fitting room, putting out new and replenished stock from delivery and fitting rooms and keeping the shop floor tidy at all times.

Through – more... working here I have learnt how to communicate to other people using confidence and understanding language. I have also learnt to think outside of the box when it comes to giving advice.

The management team and my colleagues are the part of the job that I enjoy the most as everyone is friendly and always more than willing to help and management are approachable regarding any issues. – less
It is a fun work enviroment with ablity to climb the corporate ladder.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 1328 Broadway New York,NY 10001November 20, 2014
Pros: bonus on checks when store have a million dollar month
Cons: lunch breaks are too short
A typical day at wok consist of me greeting customers during their entry of the store. Also maintaining a well kept department while assisting co-workers in need of help. We are a team, if one struggle, we all struggle. The hardest part about the job is not letting customers change your mood. try to control stress. The most enjoyable part about the – more... job is interacting with the shoppers and also satisfying their day shopping. The managers do their best to keep organization. – less
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dubai, DUNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free dinner
Cons: long hours
everything is good in this job..i love this job. my co-workers are friendly. i enjoy the being in this company for a couple of months.
Big team, an awesome crew
Seller (Former Employee), Dijon (France)November 18, 2014
Making recommendations to customer
Weekly and daily economic planning
Personal development
Annual evaluation
Follow-up of the objectives
Regular and constructive Feedback
Recruitment, integration and followed of the new engaged
Management of the stock
H&M
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2014
Pros: place of opportunities
Cons: just have to keep on top of your own development
this company is over all a great company to work for. There are many opportunities as long as you feel retail is for you. There is many opportunities with this company.
fun place to work
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2014
Pros: very energetic place to work
Cons: not enough hours
co workers are helpful managers are helpful
also a chance for advancement
very great place to work
workplace that allowed you to be who you are
Sales advisor (Former Employee), Turku, FinlandNovember 13, 2014
Busy day, all day. Very hectic, customer service 99% of the day but I loved it. I'm all about customer service and helping people to get what they want. I learned time management and delegating jobs to others. Most enjoyable part was all the thank yous you got from the customers and the feeling you got when you succeeded.
Fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTNovember 13, 2014
Pros: 25% discount in-store, good music played
Busy and fast-paced store, friendly atmosphere, positive environment to work in. Fun and active daily training to motivate staff. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers to find what they are looking for creating a positive shopping experience.
Sales assistant (Current Employee), Crawley, ENGNovember 13, 2014
Great place to work, enjoyable atmosphere.
people are great to work with, enjoy working in a team.
friendly and professional work environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), glendale, wiNovember 10, 2014
my entire almost 2 years of employment with this organization i have not one complaint. things could get a little stressful around the holiday but what store didn't. This was a very friendly place to work and i would always go back if they would have me.-
Just work and work
ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Dubai, DUNovember 10, 2014
just work
learnt a lot to be safe from backstabbers
its was nice experience
they are just amazing
time for me and my family
learning and teaching people
Good environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis,INNovember 6, 2014
Very flexible scheduling. Co-workers were great as well, everyone got along with everyone. Everyone was willing to help others.
fun workplace
H&M Retail Assistant work experience (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGNovember 6, 2014
taught me a few new skills that I will carry out through my life, as it was work experience they let me try every section within the company to see which part I enjoyed the most
Fun Atmosphere
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 5, 2014
Pros: fun, fast-paced
Cons: can get extremely busy during holidays
Great retail environment
Fast-Paced
Friendly Co-Workers
Constantly things to do
Great training
Chance to advance
Good company with great pay, but tough hours.
Department Manager (Former Employee), phoenix, azNovember 4, 2014
Great people and support systems that can be cultivated from within your location. As a manager you have the ability to push your own growth and development. Quality training materials are available and encouraged. Pay is very competitive compared to most large retailers. Excellent benefits and PTO that you can accrue. Generally a great place to be – more... if Retail is your calling!

Cons
Training can be hit or miss, company policies have evolved over the past few years and has allowed training and development take an immediate hit. When training time effects the stores bottom line that is where the company makes cuts, contributing to training that can be less rewarding.
Its retail, work life balance is okay, flexibility for vacation is quite good though..
District team members can be un-responsive and distant.

Advice to Management
Implement systems when they are ready for use and wont become useless for 2 months.. (there is no reason a company with all these resources should allow failure)
React appropriately to new system changes. Allow for time to see success or opportunity, especially when your market varies greatly.
Pay bonuses...
Stricter policies would allow for better accountability for staff. Seven chances every six months for time and attendance is absurd.

In all honesty, there are always anomalies within a company this size, give it a try, it might be perfect for you! – less
Productive but stressful
Sales Advisor Retail (Current Employee), Hereford, ENGNovember 4, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch & 20 min (paid) break
Cons: difficult hours
H&M is a great company to work for overall but there are some down sides too it. In a typical day a sales advisor role is too keep stock tidy and appropriately hung/folded in designated areas, On top of that job sales advisor also can have a number of jobs to do on top of their basic job such as: Clearing out till points, Moving shelves or even manning – more... the fitting room. I've learnt in my time working for H&M is that you need to excel to be noticed which is quite hard when there are 20+ working with you. Management is okay but there are weak links in the management that let them down tremendously and make life working at H&M distressing such as unfair shifts you're given without your permission which too my knowledge isn't what the companies all about. The Team I work with are all hard workers have tendencies to slack about a bit which is understandable as we are all human after all. The Hardest part of my job would be unfair decisions given from management as they have favoritism over some employee's, but the most enjoyable parts are having team meetings and seeing all of the team together and doing activities together making us feel like one big 'Family'. – less
Fun work environment, room for growth
Sales Advisor & Sales Coach (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
Great company to move up in. Working in a high-traffic NYC retail store can be intense but also fun because of the different types of clients who shop at H&M. Great opportunities to work outside of the retail store as well.
H and M
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Livingston, NJNovember 2, 2014
Great retail job, company pays well and also give enough hours weekly.

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more