H&M
1,149 reviews

H&M Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Every day is a challenge and you never get bored
Project Leader (Current Employee), Stockholm, ABMay 10, 2013
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short lunch
H&M is a big international company who expands every year and I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to work for it.

A typical day at work starts with a meeting to go through the tasks of the day. We plan the day and divide the tasks between a group of 4-6 people and start working to reach the goals of the day.

I have learned the value of co-workers and team work and to appreciate everyones hard work. Supporting each other is a very important factor in this kind of job and that's something employees at H&M do.

Management at H&M is very structured and organised. They make sure that everything is being done and done the right way. Nothing leaves the company unless it has been through every type of judgement.

My co-workers are very smart and driven and work hard to satisfy our demographics and our company. We have a lot of pressure on us but working together and having the right team dynamic makes us work hard and fulfil the goals that are set out for us.

The hardest part of the job is to balance everyones opinions and thoughts. It sometimes comes to the point where some ideas have to be left out.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you never know what's coming. You don't know what your day will look like until you get there.
Great place to work. great environment. very productive company.
Part time & Full time Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 30, 2013
I've been with the company for many years now, and i love everything about it. there is nothing bad i can say about the company. met a lot of great people who are my good friends today. very fast pace company but its enjoyable.
Very busy store
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 3, 2013
Pros: fun environment, great staff
Cons: long hours
At H&M, I was working in the children's section, managing the inventory and helping the customer find what they are looking for. I would help on the cash, I was very fast and my first time working as a cashier. It was a very fun environment to work at, although the closing time was very long since there is a lot of merchandise and sometimes the clients would throw the merchandise on the floor, therefore it would take an hour and half sometimes to clean the store. But, it was a fun first job and had an amazing staff working with me.
Supportive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mapleview Mall, Burlington, ONMarch 20, 2013
I enjoyed every minute I worked here. The staff and company values were always amazing. I was challenged every day and supported in my endeavours, personal and professional.
A Job to Learn By
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: straightforward
Cons: poor lighting
Working at H&M clothes was fairly straightforward. A typical day consisted of sorting clothing to go be shipped elsewhere, and to transport boxes around the warehouse.

It was here I learned how to take stock, and how to work under my own direction.
......
Department Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Enjoyed working for HM, great team enviroment and fast pace. Needs to improve on it's structure, consistancy from Area team and invest in having additional employees on the sales floor in order to meet customer needs.
You can do better.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Edinburgh, ONDecember 20, 2012
Pros: flexible time off
Cons: inflexible policies for handling customer requests.
This company values sales more than its employees. Despite the fact that I worked as a customer service representative (basically resolving complaints) it was impossible to advance within the company without making sales targets that were never discussed prior to commencing with the company.

Original ideas for improving current policies were completely ignored, even discouraged by management.

Co-workers were over-qualified, intelligent, genuinely nice people.
Awesome Fashion. Awesome People
Department Manager In-Training, Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2012
Everyday is different, different tasks and difficulties. I heard learned alot and moved up quickly.
Overall good
Responsible Sales Adviser (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2012
Very good student job while attending school. Many benefits such as employee discount and competitions with other stores.
Le management
Conseillère à la vente (Current Employee), Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville et SherbrookeOctober 21, 2014
La gestion de l'entreprise est très efficace à mon avis. En effet, les gestionnaires sont toujours à l'écoute et savent très bien s'adapter à l'environnement de travail selon les différentes situations. Il est facile de communiquer avec eux, et on se sent apprécié à notre juste de valeur par ces derniers.
Job enrichissant
Vendeuse, réassortisseuse au magasin (Former Employee), waterlooSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: aucun
Cons: aucun
Très bon début car il s'agissait de job étudiant, et les responsables m'ont bien intégrée à leur équipe et m'ont appris beaucoup.
Équipe formidable
Vendeuse/Conseillère (Current Employee), Anjou, QCAugust 8, 2012
Pros: rabais personnelle employer
Cons: ...
Une journée bien actif au H&M est ce que vous allez voir. Entourer de jeunes travailleurs tres amicale et amusant. Malgrer certain stress evoquer par les client de nos jours, travailler au h&m est une experience tres rafraichissant.

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more