H&M

H&M Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 24, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: not much room for advancement
I always enjoyed working at H&M. The team was fabulous, the days were fast paced, the experiences were endless within the fashion industry.

H&M is a wonderful company to work for. When a new store is opened in a different city and even a different country, postings are listed to apply for to go and aid in the opening. The one great thing about that – more... is the opportunity to travel, expand your knowledge and encounter new people who have a passion for the same things you do. It also allows your leadership skills to come into full effect as you have the previous knowledge from working in the store and now have to assist the new staff who are preparing for the opening.

Coworkers and work environment was always fun and lighthearted. – less
fun place to work
Department supervisor (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 23, 2013
Pros: sometimes free lunch
Cons: night shifts
everything is great at H&M,
we are one team
my co-workers are really friendly
The best retailer to work for - ever!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2013
Pros: awesome company, awesome benefits & lots of fun!
Cons: some people (but you'll have those wherever you go...)
I often think it would be awesome to go back to H&M...

The company itself and what it stands for is by far (in my opinion) one of the best to work for. The benefits cannot compare to any other that I've ever had (everything was100% except for dental at 80% - and that was if the company paid for it! If you decided to buy into it ($7 every pay period – more... - then everything was 100%.) The core values were lived every day (you will have people and management whom don't - but that's everywhere I guess.)

The work was hard sometimes, but never the less it was fun! – less
A wonderful company
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), USAJuly 9, 2013
8 years of growth, both personally & professionally.
Sales Associate
HR representative, recruitment
Visual Display, merchandising.
the people make the work fun
Member (Current Employee), heartlandJuly 1, 2013
-customer service
-love my co-workers
-hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers
-most enjoyable part of the job is seeing happy, satisfied customers
Ideal Workplace if only I can be a full timer here
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJune 13, 2013
most of the people there are only offered part time position
Every day is a challenge and you never get bored
Project Leader (Current Employee), Stockholm, ABMay 10, 2013
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short lunch
H&M is a big international company who expands every year and I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to work for it.

A typical day at work starts with a meeting to go through the tasks of the day. We plan the day and divide the tasks between a group of 4-6 people and start working to reach the goals of the day.

I have learned the value – more... of co-workers and team work and to appreciate everyones hard work. Supporting each other is a very important factor in this kind of job and that's something employees at H&M do.

Management at H&M is very structured and organised. They make sure that everything is being done and done the right way. Nothing leaves the company unless it has been through every type of judgement.

My co-workers are very smart and driven and work hard to satisfy our demographics and our company. We have a lot of pressure on us but working together and having the right team dynamic makes us work hard and fulfil the goals that are set out for us.

The hardest part of the job is to balance everyones opinions and thoughts. It sometimes comes to the point where some ideas have to be left out.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you never know what's coming. You don't know what your day will look like until you get there. – less
Great place to work. great environment. very productive company.
Part time & Full time Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 30, 2013
I've been with the company for many years now, and i love everything about it. there is nothing bad i can say about the company. met a lot of great people who are my good friends today. very fast pace company but its enjoyable.
Very busy store
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 3, 2013
Pros: fun environment, great staff
Cons: long hours
At H&M, I was working in the children's section, managing the inventory and helping the customer find what they are looking for. I would help on the cash, I was very fast and my first time working as a cashier. It was a very fun environment to work at, although the closing time was very long since there is a lot of merchandise and sometimes the clients – more... would throw the merchandise on the floor, therefore it would take an hour and half sometimes to clean the store. But, it was a fun first job and had an amazing staff working with me. – less
Supportive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mapleview Mall, Burlington, ONMarch 20, 2013
I enjoyed every minute I worked here. The staff and company values were always amazing. I was challenged every day and supported in my endeavours, personal and professional.
A Job to Learn By
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: straightforward
Cons: poor lighting
Working at H&M clothes was fairly straightforward. A typical day consisted of sorting clothing to go be shipped elsewhere, and to transport boxes around the warehouse.

It was here I learned how to take stock, and how to work under my own direction.
......
Department Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Enjoyed working for HM, great team enviroment and fast pace. Needs to improve on it's structure, consistancy from Area team and invest in having additional employees on the sales floor in order to meet customer needs.
You can do better.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Edinburgh, ONDecember 20, 2012
Pros: flexible time off
Cons: inflexible policies for handling customer requests.
This company values sales more than its employees. Despite the fact that I worked as a customer service representative (basically resolving complaints) it was impossible to advance within the company without making sales targets that were never discussed prior to commencing with the company.

Original ideas for improving current policies were completely – more... ignored, even discouraged by management.

Co-workers were over-qualified, intelligent, genuinely nice people. – less
good environment in work place
Sales Associates (Former Employee), kuwait kuwait cityOctober 25, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours of work
H&M is type of shop that you can say its a professional place to shop.usually we have hard time about the schedule of work.specially if there is a sale.because most people here in Kuwait they love to shop.i learned a lot of thing's while i am working in H&M as a sales associates.i enhance my skills being a costumer representative.about the management – more... of H&M i satisfied how they manage the shop and how they handle the staff and our co workers they are very cooperative and friendly in times of work or after working day.the hardest part of the job is how we can get along to the costumer to satisfied they needs and handling costumer complains.and the most enjoyable part of our jobs is when we satisfied our costumer and they have a smile in their face and when we achieve our monthly target sale. – less
Awesome Fashion. Awesome People
Department Manager In-Training, Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2012
Everyday is different, different tasks and difficulties. I heard learned alot and moved up quickly.
Loved It!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), San Fransisco, CAJuly 10, 2014
Very Productive and Fun workplace, And A great place for development.
Lovely place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), BromleyJuly 10, 2014
Working at Investment Mastery gave me all the essential skills that I still use today
Quick & Fast
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 9, 2014
Always busy, great place to work if you're a college student. The pay was very good for retail.
Bullies
Sales Adviser (Former Employee), GlasgowJuly 7, 2014
More to do with the people that worked their rather than the company. Good job but management power tripped BIG TIME!
productive, and fun work place
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 6, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: no flexible hours
Outside/Inside Sales, demonstrate strong work ethic. In-depth knowledge of billing / processing payments.
Excellent track record of listening and responding to customer needs and or concerns.
Ability to manage & resolve conflict, great at excellent problem solving.
Maintained thorough knowledge of the store merchandise to provide excellent/helpful advise – more... to customers. – less

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more