H&M

H&M Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast-pace and engaging work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MontrealOctober 27, 2014
A typical day at work involves listening to customers needs and helping them find what they're looking for.
All the employees from sales associates to store managers work together to fulfill common goals.
The Highs and Lows of Retail
Full Time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: have learned a lot
Cons: emotionally draining
My job extends out into the world of one on one in fast paced fashion consumerism. It has it's highs and lows, and I have been doing it for many years.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 16, 2014
Overall H&M was a fun place to work. The people who work there make it fun, and the company is all about promoting within so there is lots of opportunities for growth.
typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new and interesting people everyday co workers are a joy to work with its like a big family management is easy to get along with ive learned to work independently efficiently and focus on the task assigned .
Not what i thought
Associate (Current Employee), ottawa onJuly 30, 2014
Things changed after a while. it started off fun and amazing, dont know what happened.
It was a great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duffren MallJuly 30, 2014
At H&M i learned how to communicate with a lot of different type of customers.Some people would come in not with out having any idea how to say a word in English but we found some ways to understand one another. I loved that feeling of helping customers and they appreciated it.
Productive and fun workplace with H&M
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: you worked long hours
-running "ponies on the floor"
-garment caring for the clothes
-placing costumers in the fitting room
-proper cash procedures
-cashier
-return policies
excellent job culture and work experience
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free gift card to spend at the store, good team environment
Cons: cancelling shift on non busy days
Team work is key in retail and having leadership skills is a bonus.
busy, vibrant, long hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 25, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: can be a lot of work at times
very long hours, which is a good thing if you need it. best part about this job was the people, they were a lot of fun to work with. it can get overwhelming with the cleaning and refolding of the clothing, but other than that its not too bad.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Department Manager (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJune 24, 2014
Positive working environment.
Always multiple tasks at hand daily.
Fast past and up beat work place. Fun people to work with. Can easily grow with company.
Caissière / vendeuse (Former Employee), Montreal, QcJune 15, 2014
Pros: 25% off everything
Cons: management team isn't so organized.
I would sometimes get to work around 6am, to place the receiving cloth on hangers and place it on the floor. I worked as a cashier and would work in the changing room. All in all, the store was almost always busy, that would mean a lot of work had to be done. Even if the store closed at 9pm, we would still be leaving at 11pm.
Fun, energetic workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 21, 2014
H&M created a friendly, fun environment for people to work in. Management pushed employees to excel and actively supervised the team, helping out when necessary.
Fast-paced fashion whirlwind
Sales advisor (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 4, 2014
- typical day involves cleaning the store, re-stocking merchandise, being on cash, and assisting customers in the fitting rooms
- learned to be efficient, multi-task and finding the fastest way to resolve things
- management is understanding and compassionate
- co-workers are friendly and professional
- hardest part of the job is maintaining the store's – more... appearance during a busy day
- being able to assist customers in fashion forward styles – less
good start to field of fashion
Jr. visual merchandiser (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 18, 2014
great place to work to get your foot in the door in the fashion industry. good if you a fashion student. good pay
Friendly and team focus
Part Time Sale Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: discounts on clothing
Cons: high turn over rate so we were sometimes short staffed
I learned to work with zero to no supervision. i followed routine. The managers were always understanding and enthusiastic. Hardest job was always inventory nights once a year we would have to count every item in the store. i enjoyed our seasonal potlucks where we get to talk about up coming trends and how well we did the previous seasons.
Best retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2014
The sales approach at H&M is both refreshing and invigorating. Employees are empowered and always encouraged to have fun and be themselves.
Productive & Fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Montreal, QCJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great enviroment, co workers are fun, meet different people all the time, opportunity for growth
Cons: physically tiring
H&M is a great company to work for and I am truly blessed to be a part of the sales advisor team.

On a typical day I organize the merchandise & help customers with their questions and requests. I also handle the cash & deal with inventory management.

In the past 7 years I have learned to work as a team player, and I have learned to work in a fast – more... paced environment.

My co workers are wonderful & I get along with all of them. I have a compatible personality & take direction well.

The most challenging aspect of the job is the managing customer requests; however, dealing with a wide variety of clients is what I enjoy the most. – less
Great workplace with lots of opportunities to advance
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 8, 2014
The hardest part of the job is easy; the customers, and only because that's the culture of retail.
A shift is never the same, you rotate hourly from cash, to fitting room, to the sales floor, etc. keeping the job interesting, and time flies.

You learn a lot, and you're in charge of your own development- if you want to grow, say so.
H&M
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2014
- good company
-good pay --> above average, very good for student
- good employee and entire environment
Good work environment
Consistently provided excellent customer service (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 18, 2013
Pros: positive work environment
Strong team.
Great staff.
Good communication with management.
Annual reviews.
Room for promotions and salary increase.

1 2 3 4 5

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more