H&M

H&M Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing workplace
H&M Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: atmosphere, people, leniency, support
Cons: brightness, beeping noise the cash makes
A typical day at work would include clocking in, then proceeding to your assigned area (fitting rooms, cash, running, stock) then switching after an hour or two to your next section. This goes on until you leave! I love that you get to do multiple things rather than the same thing over and over. I've learned how to sell well, and also garment care and run much more efficiently. Management is always extremely supportive and encouraging and really works to better employees. Co-workers are nice and sociable, very quirky and hard working. The hardest part pf the job would be the constant cleaning of garments, given it is a popular store many things get moved around. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and company. Everyone really helps keep the mood up.
Fun and energic workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MississuagaFebruary 24, 2015
H&M provided excellent training that ensure I would be prepared for anything! The management team was excellent and very supportive. I've never worked in a more inclusive and exciting environment! There was always something to do, it was never a dull moment! Truly an excellent work experience :)
H&M - Best Retailer!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: non stereo typical, staff discount, employee development, fun
In my opinion, H&M is probably the best retail company to be employed with. It's not your typical "after school" job, everyone there thinks of it more so as a career.

Managers are very hands on and care about employee development. They have monthly goals of developmental goals they'd like to achieve. Examples: Promote two part time to full time, One full time to manager etc.

You also have the options to assist in store openings not only in Canada but the world. And H&M covers that cost to do so. That's a great incentive and is amazing to add to your experience.

H&M isn't your typical retailer, they're the least judgemental and don't stereotype. If you go into H&M you'll see people of all sorts, fashion sense, race, weight, age. As opposed to most retailers prioritizing hiring staff based on looks compared to their work ethic and experience.

I would recommend this company to anyone looking to work in the retail industry.
Fast-pace and engaging work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MontrealOctober 27, 2014
A typical day at work involves listening to customers needs and helping them find what they're looking for.
All the employees from sales associates to store managers work together to fulfill common goals.
The Highs and Lows of Retail
Full Time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: have learned a lot
Cons: emotionally draining
My job extends out into the world of one on one in fast paced fashion consumerism. It has it's highs and lows, and I have been doing it for many years.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 16, 2014
Overall H&M was a fun place to work. The people who work there make it fun, and the company is all about promoting within so there is lots of opportunities for growth.
typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new and interesting people everyday co workers are a joy to work with its like a big family management is easy to get along with ive learned to work independently efficiently and focus on the task assigned .
Not what i thought
Associate (Current Employee), ottawa onJuly 30, 2014
Things changed after a while. it started off fun and amazing, dont know what happened.
It was a great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duffren MallJuly 30, 2014
At H&M i learned how to communicate with a lot of different type of customers.Some people would come in not with out having any idea how to say a word in English but we found some ways to understand one another. I loved that feeling of helping customers and they appreciated it.
Productive and fun workplace with H&M
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: you worked long hours
-running "ponies on the floor"
-garment caring for the clothes
-placing costumers in the fitting room
-proper cash procedures
-cashier
-return policies
excellent job culture and work experience
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free gift card to spend at the store, good team environment
Cons: cancelling shift on non busy days
Team work is key in retail and having leadership skills is a bonus.
busy, vibrant, long hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 25, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: can be a lot of work at times
very long hours, which is a good thing if you need it. best part about this job was the people, they were a lot of fun to work with. it can get overwhelming with the cleaning and refolding of the clothing, but other than that its not too bad.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Department Manager (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJune 24, 2014
Positive working environment.
Always multiple tasks at hand daily.
Fast past and up beat work place. Fun people to work with. Can easily grow with company.
Caissière / vendeuse (Former Employee), Montreal, QcJune 15, 2014
Pros: 25% off everything
Cons: management team isn't so organized.
I would sometimes get to work around 6am, to place the receiving cloth on hangers and place it on the floor. I worked as a cashier and would work in the changing room. All in all, the store was almost always busy, that would mean a lot of work had to be done. Even if the store closed at 9pm, we would still be leaving at 11pm.
Fun, energetic workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 21, 2014
H&M created a friendly, fun environment for people to work in. Management pushed employees to excel and actively supervised the team, helping out when necessary.
Fast-paced fashion whirlwind
Sales advisor (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 4, 2014
- typical day involves cleaning the store, re-stocking merchandise, being on cash, and assisting customers in the fitting rooms
- learned to be efficient, multi-task and finding the fastest way to resolve things
- management is understanding and compassionate
- co-workers are friendly and professional
- hardest part of the job is maintaining the store's appearance during a busy day
- being able to assist customers in fashion forward styles
good start to field of fashion
Jr. visual merchandiser (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 18, 2014
great place to work to get your foot in the door in the fashion industry. good if you a fashion student. good pay
Friendly and team focus
Part Time Sale Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: discounts on clothing
Cons: high turn over rate so we were sometimes short staffed
I learned to work with zero to no supervision. i followed routine. The managers were always understanding and enthusiastic. Hardest job was always inventory nights once a year we would have to count every item in the store. i enjoyed our seasonal potlucks where we get to talk about up coming trends and how well we did the previous seasons.
Best retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2014
The sales approach at H&M is both refreshing and invigorating. Employees are empowered and always encouraged to have fun and be themselves.
Productive & Fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Montreal, QCJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great enviroment, co workers are fun, meet different people all the time, opportunity for growth
Cons: physically tiring
H&M is a great company to work for and I am truly blessed to be a part of the sales advisor team.

On a typical day I organize the merchandise & help customers with their questions and requests. I also handle the cash & deal with inventory management.

In the past 7 years I have learned to work as a team player, and I have learned to work in a fast paced environment.

My co workers are wonderful & I get along with all of them. I have a compatible personality & take direction well.

The most challenging aspect of the job is the managing customer requests; however, dealing with a wide variety of clients is what I enjoy the most.

1 2 3

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more