H&M

H&M Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
h&m
Department Lead (Current Employee), Burlington OntarioJuly 11, 2015
H&M is a good company to work for with lots of opportunities to grow and develop yourself. They also have a great charitable belief system
Productive, fast pace fun place to work
Department Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2015
Planing, controling, evaluating operations, managing and developing staff, assigning duties, customer service. Fast pace environment, where we learn to be team player, respecting each other, and not forgething to have fun.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Always something to do, fast pace, learning opportunities everyday
Cons: Working weekends, part-time salary
A great place to work with fair management and policies along with amazing staff. The fast pace environment encourages associates to practice teamwork skills,which allows for more efficient means of work. Adapting to situations that are out of ones control is a skill that one must obtain when working in costumer service.
great employees
Cashier, Sales Associate, Open/Close Tills, Truck (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2015
Usually I would be working by myself most of my shift. I would cover cash, fitting rooms, cleaning and running. I was trained in many different positions. I was trained as a visual, a truck responsible, I trained the new people on the floor and on truck, I helped open and close tills and I helped with safe count in the morning and evening. I had great co-workers when I got to work with them, and it was a very fast paced environment most days. There were a few evenings where there was a lot of call-outs and it was left to me, one person downstairs and one manager to run the store for the last few hours before closing. Management was not very good at keeping their word which was very frustrating. There were days where customers were very difficult to deal with, which was not very fun either. I loved all my co-workers and I enjoyed doing visual work, that was my favourite part of the job.
A Fun, Comfortable Environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONMay 12, 2015
Working at H&M was really fun. My coworkers and managers strived to keep everyone productive and genuinely cared about their employees which made me want to go that extra mile.
positive and encouraging workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 12, 2015
Pros: great community
Cons: lack of communication
For the most part my time at H&M was a good experience. There were a few issues with management and communication but thats present in most companies. I would for sure work there again though
Hectic Environment, good atmosphere
Visual Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2015
Pros: Paid staff meetings, treats, working with friends, and discount
Cons: Stressful, a lot of unhappy people
A typical day at work
- staying busy all day (everyday is like boxing day)
- complete tasks as quick as possible

Learned
- stay busy
- be quick
- stand your ground

-there is always good and bad
-they are people too and will learn

Co workers
-best part about working there
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Square oneMarch 28, 2015
It is a good place to work at. I had fun there, if you are into retail than you will be fine, amazing experience. I loved it. management does not really like working around peoples schedule.
Amazing workplace
H&M Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: atmosphere, people, leniency, support
Cons: brightness, beeping noise the cash makes
A typical day at work would include clocking in, then proceeding to your assigned area (fitting rooms, cash, running, stock) then switching after an hour or two to your next section. This goes on until you leave! I love that you get to do multiple things rather than the same thing over and over. I've learned how to sell well, and also garment care and run much more efficiently. Management is always extremely supportive and encouraging and really works to better employees. Co-workers are nice and sociable, very quirky and hard working. The hardest part pf the job would be the constant cleaning of garments, given it is a popular store many things get moved around. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and company. Everyone really helps keep the mood up.
Fun and energic workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MississuagaFebruary 24, 2015
H&M provided excellent training that ensure I would be prepared for anything! The management team was excellent and very supportive. I've never worked in a more inclusive and exciting environment! There was always something to do, it was never a dull moment! Truly an excellent work experience :)
H&M - Best Retailer!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: non stereo typical, staff discount, employee development, fun
In my opinion, H&M is probably the best retail company to be employed with. It's not your typical "after school" job, everyone there thinks of it more so as a career.

Managers are very hands on and care about employee development. They have monthly goals of developmental goals they'd like to achieve. Examples: Promote two part time to full time, One full time to manager etc.

You also have the options to assist in store openings not only in Canada but the world. And H&M covers that cost to do so. That's a great incentive and is amazing to add to your experience.

H&M isn't your typical retailer, they're the least judgemental and don't stereotype. If you go into H&M you'll see people of all sorts, fashion sense, race, weight, age. As opposed to most retailers prioritizing hiring staff based on looks compared to their work ethic and experience.

I would recommend this company to anyone looking to work in the retail industry.
Fast-pace and engaging work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MontrealOctober 27, 2014
A typical day at work involves listening to customers needs and helping them find what they're looking for.
All the employees from sales associates to store managers work together to fulfill common goals.
The Highs and Lows of Retail
Full Time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: have learned a lot
Cons: emotionally draining
My job extends out into the world of one on one in fast paced fashion consumerism. It has it's highs and lows, and I have been doing it for many years.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 16, 2014
Overall H&M was a fun place to work. The people who work there make it fun, and the company is all about promoting within so there is lots of opportunities for growth.
typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new and interesting people everyday co workers are a joy to work with its like a big family management is easy to get along with ive learned to work independently efficiently and focus on the task assigned .
Not what i thought
Associate (Current Employee), ottawa onJuly 30, 2014
Things changed after a while. it started off fun and amazing, dont know what happened.
It was a great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duffren MallJuly 30, 2014
At H&M i learned how to communicate with a lot of different type of customers.Some people would come in not with out having any idea how to say a word in English but we found some ways to understand one another. I loved that feeling of helping customers and they appreciated it.
Productive and fun workplace with H&M
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: you worked long hours
-running "ponies on the floor"
-garment caring for the clothes
-placing costumers in the fitting room
-proper cash procedures
-cashier
-return policies
excellent job culture and work experience
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free gift card to spend at the store, good team environment
Cons: cancelling shift on non busy days
Team work is key in retail and having leadership skills is a bonus.
busy, vibrant, long hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 25, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: can be a lot of work at times
very long hours, which is a good thing if you need it. best part about this job was the people, they were a lot of fun to work with. it can get overwhelming with the cleaning and refolding of the clothing, but other than that its not too bad.

1 2 3

About H&M

As one of the world’s largest fashion companies with more than 116,000 employees worldwide, H&M is an exciting and dynamic – Read more