H&M Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
H&m
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
It's a positive environment, a safe place to work, h&m is like a small family and just overall an amazing place to work. A normal day would be a 10 hour shift but the plus side to that would be an hour break and then a 15 minute paid break.
Fun workplace
Vendeur conseil (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCApril 23, 2016
Pros: Gift-card, managers, co-workers
Cons: pay, dead season
I worked at H&M for approximatively 6 months, and I loved it ! I love the rotation shifts. That is every hour you get to do something different. One hour you might be in the fits, while the other hour you're at cash. The best part of my work were my co-workers. We formed a great team. The management was awesome as well ! H&M taught me how to multitask and work under pressure. It is super fast-spaced environnement, be aware ! At first, it was hard for me to adjust, but after a while you get the hang of it. I enjoyed the fact that time flew super quickly and that there's always something do to. Unfortunately, I had to quit as I am getting into university and have to find something that pays more to cover my tuition. Also, the dead season is quite intense.. from january to march you practically get no hours.. I had like 8 hours a week... lol you do the math....
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Moncton, NBApril 17, 2016
The managers are awesome; everyone makes it a very fun place to work; there are many opportunities for advancing in the company; H&M is a very honest and sustainable corporation and it is an honour to work for them.
Fun, Caring Community, Leaders
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Downtown TorontoApril 16, 2016
Pros: Getting paid on your Birthday without having to work
Cons: Really short or really long hours
H&M had a lot to offer. Great opportunities to become a leader and to be and individual.Loving/caring Management and co-workers.Best part about working at H&M is that you always felt included and proud to work with people who are just as hard working as you are. Worst part about working at H&M is that sometimes you receive really short hours E.g 3-4 hrs and sometimes really long hours E.g 8-10hrs.
Productive, busy workplace
Sales Associate/ Cashier/ Accessories Visual (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
Pros: Good, flexible hours
Cons: A few long-term employees, who weren't very welcoming, nor willing to help out when you are new and didn't know what to do.
Always busy;n always something that needed to be done. Never had time to be bored. Management could have been better in the sense of distributing hours and having more people working at peak hours, but overall an understanding bunch.
How I like to work at H&M
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Anjou, QCApril 1, 2016
Pros: fun and fashionable work environment, positive attitude
Cons: no fixed schedule
H&M encourages teamwork and we help each other and communicate efficiently with one another to meet the goal of the day. We are also encourage to work independently meaning to take our own initiatives and own decision regarding a situation or a problem. I work with a smile on my face everyday and I make sure to give a great customer service to each of my customers. I am the one responsible for everything concerning my department, which is the MEN department.

My co-workers and managers are fantastic. I've never been close to my managers and store manager ever! We all care about each other even though we are different. the dynamic is great and I like to come in to work everyday because at H&M, you are never alone.
Job is fun and easy, but management needs serious work
Sales Advisor, Responsible (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 31, 2016
Pros: discounts, enjoyable work, easy, options for advancement, lots of free food
Cons: management, repetitive work
I worked at H&M for a 18 months. There were many things I enjoyed about this job - co-workers, location, ease of job, even the staff meetings were fun. What I didn't like, and what ultimately made me quit, was the in-office politics and gossip mill. Many times, this also included the managers talking behind employees' backs, not taking their employees' opinions into consideration, and acting selfish and immature. When this issue was raised with Canada's head office, they didn't even seem to bat an eye. The issues remained unresolved while I was working there. Hopefully now they have been, because if management wises up, I would definitely recommend this as a great place to work.
Fun workplace, constant room for advancing
Sales advisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 17, 2016
Pros: Often times we were rewarded with free stuff, flexible work hours
Cons: often times we would have to cut hours, based on sales.
A typical day at work involves a team meeting before starting your shift, followed by a list of what you could expect to be doing that day and then you're off to help out customers! I learned a lot about one on one contact with customers and really listening to their wants and needs as well as patience! Management was always there when you needed them and never had any trouble answering questions for you or doing whatever they could to make your work day a little easier! my coworkers were always excellent to work with, i looked forward to being there every day because of them. The hardest part of the job would be the technical difficulties with machinery that happened frequently, but that is unavoidable in such a large store. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching a customer leave the store feeling excited about their new purchases!
what its like at h&M?
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 17, 2016
i think h&M is a great place to work, it is fun and up beat and fast paced, it keeps you moving all day, you get to work with a lot of fun people, and the day passes without you even noticing.
Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), KWMarch 15, 2016
It was a great experience working with H&M. You get to meet new people and deal with different situations. The management is great and the co-workers are really friendly. The best part about the job was that it helped me build up my confidence.
Head Office doesn't make crucial decisions
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gatineau, QCMarch 15, 2016
There was many issues with regards to a manager and few workers. Head office realized the issue, visited on multiple occasions and got letters from every single employee. Nothing was done in a span of almost 2 years. The schedules are changed without any let alone, proper notice. They mix complaints, reviews and surveys and have no care for employee opinion, beyond the scope of making it seem like they do with "useless" questionnaires that reached no one and resolved nothing.
High paced and fun.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
Good company. Fast Paced and always on the move but you will enjoy and there is the added benefit of 25% off every thing.

Direct and indirect customer service support.

 Upselling and cross selling to customers

 Logistical support.
okay job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: sometimes free lunch, fun co workers
Cons: rude customers, rude management
It is a good job in terms of flexibility but it gets tiring. You get rude customers but the managers can be really rude. It is repetitive but, if you love the culture of it, you will love the job.
Productive goal oriented team environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Great management
Fast paced customer service with daily sale goals. Team oriented work place with very good management. Very friendly staff and great work ethics.
Great place to work, very friendly environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Very positive work environment. Co workers are extremely friendly. I think that breaks should be dispersed more evenly throughout the shifts.
Everyone was energetic and friendly
Sales Associate, retail (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2016
This was a co-op job placement, everyday I would help unload the trucks and clean the changing rooms, help the costumers as well as other employees whom needed it.
The hardest part about this job was not knowing where the clothes went in the store, for the beginning of the time that I've worked there. Though I caught on fast.
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with new people everyday, getting to know all the other employees and my boss.
Enjoyable Experience
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 5, 2016
H&M provides an atmosphere that is enjoyable and gives you the hands-on-training whenever required. You have the ability to learn something new everyday with supportive co-workers and managers. The best feeling is helping a customer out and hearing appreciation from them.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBFebruary 2, 2016
I worked here basically my whole working life. there is plenty of room for advancement. the management is very accommodating. and I am still great friends with people I worked with
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: You can be yourself
H&M is the best retail company to work. Why? They believe in people and we are one team. Everyone that works at H&M are family.
Fast Pace Environment with Awesome Management and Co-Workers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: 25% staff discount
Cons: Fast pace
Its a fast pace environment where you have to deal with be able to multi-task between helping customers, putting clothes away, being on cash and being in the fitting rooms. The management team is awesome and are always available to help support staff when they need assistance. The co-workers are very helpful and we all support and rely on each other, its a very fun work environment but you know when you have to be serious in order to get the work done.
Headquarters