H&M

H&M Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
excellent job culture and work experience
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free gift card to spend at the store, good team environment
Cons: cancelling shift on non busy days
Team work is key in retail and having leadership skills is a bonus.
busy, vibrant, long hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 25, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: can be a lot of work at times
very long hours, which is a good thing if you need it. best part about this job was the people, they were a lot of fun to work with. it can get overwhelming with the cleaning and refolding of the clothing, but other than that its not too bad.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Department Manager (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJune 24, 2014
Positive working environment.
Always multiple tasks at hand daily.
Fast past and up beat work place. Fun people to work with. Can easily grow with company.
Caissière / vendeuse (Former Employee), Montreal, QcJune 15, 2014
Pros: 25% off everything
Cons: management team isn't so organized.
I would sometimes get to work around 6am, to place the receiving cloth on hangers and place it on the floor. I worked as a cashier and would work in the changing room. All in all, the store was almost always busy, that would mean a lot of work had to be done. Even if the store closed at 9pm, we would still be leaving at 11pm.
Fun, energetic workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 21, 2014
H&M created a friendly, fun environment for people to work in. Management pushed employees to excel and actively supervised the team, helping out when necessary.
Fast-paced fashion whirlwind
Sales advisor (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 4, 2014
- typical day involves cleaning the store, re-stocking merchandise, being on cash, and assisting customers in the fitting rooms
- learned to be efficient, multi-task and finding the fastest way to resolve things
- management is understanding and compassionate
- co-workers are friendly and professional
- hardest part of the job is maintaining the store's – more... appearance during a busy day
- being able to assist customers in fashion forward styles – less
good start to field of fashion
Jr. visual merchandiser (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 18, 2014
great place to work to get your foot in the door in the fashion industry. good if you a fashion student. good pay
Friendly and team focus
Part Time Sale Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: discounts on clothing
Cons: high turn over rate so we were sometimes short staffed
I learned to work with zero to no supervision. i followed routine. The managers were always understanding and enthusiastic. Hardest job was always inventory nights once a year we would have to count every item in the store. i enjoyed our seasonal potlucks where we get to talk about up coming trends and how well we did the previous seasons.
Best retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2014
The sales approach at H&M is both refreshing and invigorating. Employees are empowered and always encouraged to have fun and be themselves.
Productive & Fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Montreal, QCJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great enviroment, co workers are fun, meet different people all the time, opportunity for growth
Cons: physically tiring
H&M is a great company to work for and I am truly blessed to be a part of the sales advisor team.

On a typical day I organize the merchandise & help customers with their questions and requests. I also handle the cash & deal with inventory management.

In the past 7 years I have learned to work as a team player, and I have learned to work in a fast – more... paced environment.

My co workers are wonderful & I get along with all of them. I have a compatible personality & take direction well.

The most challenging aspect of the job is the managing customer requests; however, dealing with a wide variety of clients is what I enjoy the most. – less
Great workplace with lots of opportunities to advance
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 8, 2014
The hardest part of the job is easy; the customers, and only because that's the culture of retail.
A shift is never the same, you rotate hourly from cash, to fitting room, to the sales floor, etc. keeping the job interesting, and time flies.

You learn a lot, and you're in charge of your own development- if you want to grow, say so.
H&M
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2014
- good company
-good pay --> above average, very good for student
- good employee and entire environment
Good work environment
Consistently provided excellent customer service (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 18, 2013
Pros: positive work environment
Strong team.
Great staff.
Good communication with management.
Annual reviews.
Room for promotions and salary increase.
creative and fun environment
Department manager (Former Employee), Calgary,ABNovember 12, 2013
typical day at work was fast paced,fun and satifying.
learned something new everyday.
worked very well with management
Hardest part was scheduling staff with few hours
most enjoyable was meeting new people
Great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2013
This was my first job and it worked out well while I was attending university. Typical retail job with friendly coworkers and approachable management.
Department Manager (Current Employee), Toronto,OnNovember 9, 2013
Pros: -
Cons: -
Recruitment,On-Boarding, Training and Development are my strenghs including Administration and Management skills.
Great company, excellent values
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 6, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: lack of management communication
H&M is a cost-conscious company, offering great fashions at a reasonable price. There is a lot of room for growth within the company if the right candidate earns it. Every day at H&M is a little different, which keeps it interesting. Working for this company has taught me to trust my own judgement more often, and that I am capable of handling many responsibilities.
Productive and Active Workplace With Friendly Envionment
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Promanade MallOctober 21, 2013
Pros: discount on merchendise
Cons: short breaks
- Pleasant
- Kind People
- Growing Sales
- Part time Job
- Typical day at work consumed of stocking new merchandise, Opening the store and welcoming customers and increasing sales.
- Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with all different types of people from old and young generations and being able to help them with their needs.
- – more... I worked very well with my coworkers that I befriended and certainly to this day am still friends with. We worked well as a team and helped each other with different types of chores and assignments with great results. – less
Fast paced, deadline driven, and team orientated
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 2, 2013
Pros: using creativity, working with fashion
Cons: unpaid lunches, low wage
A typical day at H&M as a visual merchandiser begins with an early morning meeting with all managers working that day. During the meeting target sales goals are discussed, and planning of setting up sales are also talked about. After the meeting the merchandisers break off and begin planning and implementing all the store campaigns and activities (sales.) – more... As a visual merchandiser you are responsible for presenting garments to customers based on H&M guidelines, also responsible for maintenance and care of all the display materials whether it be for in store use (such as signage and mannequins) and outside store use (such as window displays.)

Working with management and co-workers are essential because they often help the visual merchandisers to set up campaigns and sales. All involving different tasks such as hanging signage, making signage, tagging garments, folding garments, hanging garments, and ensuring proper customer service.

The hardest part of the job was stress due to not meeting sale target goals. However, not meeting the target sales goals pushed me as an employee to do the best merchandising possible - indirect and directly to the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job was using my creativity everyday. Everyday on the job was different and each day held different set tasks. – less
Fun pace environment, productive and cool.
I work as a sales associate (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJuly 26, 2013
Pros: if we able to meet the target our manager treat us for a team party.
Cons: at least 2hrs over time
Fun, great and amazing workplace the whole day.
I have able to experienced to work with different kinds of people learning and accepting their cultures and differences. Everyone was so kind and humble we work as a team because we value great teamwork. The hardest part of the job is that when we are lacking of staff especially during closing and if we – more... have a sale.
The most enjoyable is that you meet and greet with the customers you smile to them with big heart and give the services that they wanted and if they appreciate the services you offered it pays all the hardships and it feels good to work everyday with that kind of feeling. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more