H&M Employee Review

Retail can be a great experience if you make it one.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 August 2013
A typical day of work at H&M starts off with a sales advisor meeting where the sales associates are given an update on what store promotions, sales goals, areas of improvement, and store focuses, new trends are for the day. As a part time associate I provide customer service to a wide variety of different customers as well as maintain the cleanliness of the store. The management team at H&M are really great they always listen to what we as employees have to say and going into work as always a positive experience. The co-workers are good people to work with, we all work as one team and constantly help each other out in any way we can. The hardest part of the job would probably be dealing with such a wide variety of different customers with different needs and wants. I learned that patience is a virtue and that if you keep a positive attitude any situation the outcome will most likely be a positive one. I enjoy the fashions that H&M has to offer as well as their free magazine, of which I am complete utter fan for.
Pros
Free H&M magazine, great staff, positive environment
Cons
angry customers

Other H&M Employee Reviews

Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 November 2017
H&m was a great company and i was honored to work at such a massive, rich company like that. The people were great and the managers were well rounded and fair.
Great retail place to work at. Management is established with open communication
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 November 2017
Typical day at work:
- rotational sections (fitting room, cash, floor, truck, etc)
- end of shift cleaning

What I learned:
- always remaining respectful regardless of difficult customers

Management:
- excellent communication
- there's no feeling of exclusivity (managers are friendly with everyone)
- open advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.