H&M Employee Reviews

fun atmosphere, great management
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 July 2017
a great place to work with great people. I have made many new friends in the past six months that I have worked here. Very appreciative of the management team - by far the best managers I have had to date out of all the different jobs I've worked over the past few years.
Best place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 July 2017
I have worked for H&M for 10 years and have thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
The environment that I work has a family feeling and I like working with all my coworkers.
The management team is wonderfully supportive and backs us 100%.
Pros
Paid Birthdays off
Cons
Long hours on my feet.
Transparent Company and Oppurtunity for Growth
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 July 2017
H&M is an amazing place to work! The company is very transparent and the workers from the orientation have a clear idea of what their work place is actually all about. The company takes lots of initiatives to help its associates grow. The departments, expectations, the pace is all exciting and invigorating.
Fun place to work for students, everyone is really chill
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2017
H&M is great for students/young people, you'll make lots of friends. No one is high strung-you do your job and do it well and they leave you alone. Its a lot of self motivated work; running (replacing) clothes, keeping the fitting room clean, cashing out customers. Closing is the worst if youre at a very busy store however the busier stores have the BEST coworkers. You have to stay late to close but if youre closing with experienced people its not too bad. I also worked at a slow store; it was the worst. They hired any and everyone, people who were completely unmotivated and slow. Interview is super easy; just be yourself, its not a formal serious interview-try to find a few commonalities with the managers and just have a convo with them. My interview was literally 3 or 4 questions and a conversation with the two managers who were interviewing me; we had a lot of shared interests and had lived in the same areas of Toronto!
Pros
Make friends, Chill people, Discount is awesome, You can hold sale clothes before customers come in
Cons
Late closes
sale advisor
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 July 2017
Good for a first time job if anyone is looking to work for the first time i highly suggest working at H&M and the team at all H&M's are amazing. I had an extremely good experience and would apply again.
rather not discuss
Visual Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 July 2017
Not sure why I would have to give a review on my current job. I would rather not discuss it. There should be no reason I have to rate my job or give a review to see who is hiring
Typical retail work environment
Sales Advisor / Visual Display (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 June 2017
Your experience will depend with the staff you come to work with since they always hire a variety of people of different personalities. Management provides in-house promotions and some training. No dull day since you change roles every few hours which is good.
Retail
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 June 2017
Standard retail
The Xmas parties are fun but you dont get to be creative with displays.
Overtime was good as i worked part time and the atmosphere was fun
Friendly Staff, Long Hours
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 June 2017
Staff and management are fairly friendly, long hours, with a crazy schedule is the hardest part. Workplace culture is great, there are new challenges every day, and a team feel to solving them.
great people to work with
Department Manager, previously Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 June 2017
The culture is amazing, many of my coworkers are what i consider good friends now. the only downside is an immense workload that often interferes with having a regular 8-9 hr day.
Fun but Stressful
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2017
H&M was a great job that required a little too much commitment for part-time. Required minimum hours was a little much to handle with school and extracurriculars. A great place to work if it's the only thing on your plate.
Store is beautiful. Management is not.
Women's Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 June 2017
The company has great training in place but they take advantage by using "training" as a way to get part time sales associates who want to move up to do management jobs for minimum wage. Store manager at Limeridge Mall location is rasict and makes sales associates keep a close eye on any groups of black people that come into the store way more than white people.
Mauvais
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC14 June 2017
Management Vraiment mauvais ! Aucun respect envers les employés ! Changement d'horaire répétitif et sans avertir leurs employés ! Je déconseille fortement
Cons
Management tres mediocre
overall experience
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
I was with the company for about 5 years
its a good place for teenagers to build a resume and personality
the company is overall good but the management sucks and isn't fair.
They are not fair enough for Women who are pregnant.

day to day for a part timer is
Running clothes
taking care of the fitting room
being on cash. rotating between Functions occasionally being on truck.

Learning the skills at H&M is amazing
it will take you far. I jumped from one retailer to another and H&M is the ONLY company that i've seen work as efficiently in a fast past environment.

Meeting new friends and networking was my favourite part of working there. if it wasn't for my co-workers I would of not known how I would make it through the day.
Depends what you really want to do
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario7 June 2017
If you really want to work in retail this is a great place. They're training and management are great. Retail in general in pretty unpleasant pay but I would say H&M is better than most.
I would say the hours are not great but they are normal for retail.
Fun and friendly workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2017
The best part about working at H&M is the people. Ever since I started (almost) 3 years ago, it has never felt like work or I was never out of place. The people definitely makes you feel like family.
upbeat and challenging
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
the managers were difficult to deal with at times, and sometimes they don't have enough people working, so its difficult on the ones that are. HM has good culture though, and they try to give back to the community, which is commendable.
Fun workplace
Sales and Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2017
fast pace environment
very team friendly
lots of benefits
great discount
flexible hours
fun activities within the company/staff
get snacks very often
Pros
lots of fun activities for the staff
Cons
very fast paced environment which can result in very stressful situations
fast and easy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 May 2017
great work place, fun and nice enviornment! great discount and work perks. staff is very nice. Trainning was very helpful! H&M lets you grow in there company
Pros
great discount
Cons
short shifts
fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 May 2017
H&m was a fun place to work. The employee discount comes in handy, and is very useful. Management is great and work culture is fantastic. Overall great job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval