Gymboree Corporation

Gymboree Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Starter Job
Sales Lead (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 27, 2014
I recommend this job to people with no working experience. Not a job that you want to make into a career. Pay isn't great either.
I have nothing to comment on.
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Marietta, GeorgiaJanuary 27, 2014
I work hard, give 100% of myself when I am there and I expect to see the same but do not. Lack of respect from Management is how I feel.
Productive but terrible work atmosphere
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: manager
Manager of store was very controlling and looked down on all of her employees. This made for a terrible work atmosphere.
overall a great company to work for but did not value it's people.
REGIONAL LOSS PREVENTION MANAGER (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: vacation time accurres. good discount.
Cons: a class society exsists. so of the executives actually think they are betterhuman beings.
I did my job. I knew my job. I was passed over for promotions I was not even made aware of. My co-workers were the best. we all suffered together. Management was out of touch with what was really happening in the stores. Very senior members of the management staff would routinely violate serious company policies everyone else seemed to take for granted – more... as obvious, like sleeping with each other. Senior management has no connection to store, district or regional management. The product cheapened as far as quality is concerned. The good people leave (surprise). The company is dying a slow and painful death which will hurt many great people. The rich will stay rich and nobody gives a darn what happens to the rest. In the end it will be every man (or woman) for themselves. So sad, so very sad. – less
sales lead
SALES LEAD (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 24, 2014
SALES LEAD
• Key holder, responsible for opening and closing the store.
• Serving as an assistant to management and acting as manager in their absence.
• Operated a cash register to process cash, check and credit card transactions, during the checkout process.
other
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Gymboree is great company
management great
hours vary
family friendly
flexible hours
Great people to work with.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West Branch, MIJanuary 19, 2014
This company is great for career advancement. I started out as a sales associate and was promoted two weeks later to sales lead and then a year later to assistant manger. Within a year I was offered my own store.
I dont mind
Backroom Leader, Replen, Cashier, Anti-theft (Current Employee), grand rapids, miJanuary 18, 2014
This company itself, isn't bad, However, management at the location I currently work for needs a change of hands. The assistant mucks the shifts up, and the store manager has absolutely no control over her.
Nice place to work, customers are pleasant.
Sales Lead- Key holder (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: not enough employees, management, lack of communication
A typical day is straightening store to make it look visually appealing, helping and building relationships with every customer. Putting out new product that have come in. Management always in a hurry to leave early, expect the associates to do all of the work. The best part is the independence to learn more about retail sales.
fun
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: fun, different everyday
Cons: petty coworkers/managers, dealing with some rude "entitled people"
It was fun meeting all the different people that used to shop there and all of their children.
Good working enviorment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Monroe, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Great company. Relaxed atmosphere. Good values as a company. Wants you to have good days
Small company
PT sales associate (Former Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 7, 2014
Though just being part time, I def. see why the management team changes so much, Gymboree is a very small company. Easy part time job, would never move up with the company. I only had the job to pay off student loans.
new contest to get the staff motavated every month
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: 30min lunches for every eight hour shift worked.
Cons: one 15min break.
Responsable for overseeing the entire store operations.assisted the store manager in all areas of resets remodels.handle sales tracking and reporting inventory control and employee payroll.Learnd to be more open to all new changes.mangement very well listener when it came to new ideals.and sloving other matters.all co-workers pull together as a team – more... and work together with management. – less
Constant re-folding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Napa, CADecember 29, 2013
At this place of employment the folding and re- folding of clothes was constant, I did not mind working as customer service, just not the constant picking up and re- positioning clothing
no organization
District Manager (Former Employee), texasDecember 27, 2013
lack up todate technology and lack of planning-
too much communication - no expenses
lots of miles on personal car
Fun and busy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VADecember 27, 2013
I enjoy working with delightful individuals, customers and children. The company offers wonderful benefits but the only drawback is little opportunity for advancement.
Very Detail
Assistance Manager (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXDecember 19, 2013
Pros: free outings for the family
Cons: hours and the travel
Gymboree is a great place for those that are on an entry level of Management. But to take care of a family with many years behind you it becomes too hard to get ahead.
Collaborative and fun environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDDecember 18, 2013
Pros: great discounts, fun
Cons: healthcare
Would enjoy coming into work because of wonderful co-workers and great atmosphere. Customers were usually regulars and wonderful, we were all able to create a fun shopping experience for them and their children. We were an excellent store and family.
Making customers happy!
Sales Lead/Management (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 18, 2013
A typical day at work would include opening the store. I would check voicemails to know any changes that need to be made in the store as far as signage or promotions. My co-workers were awesome. I loved putting together outfits for the children. It was a great place to work.
Fun workplace!
Retail, Cash Handling and Retail, Customer Service (Current Employee), Vacaville, CADecember 16, 2013
I love working here, everyone is full of energy and is fun to work with.

About Gymboree Corporation

Despite being over 30 years old, The Gymboree Corp. is still a retail toddler, stumbling periodically, learning quickly, and growing – Read more