Gymboree Corporation

Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Pleased
Store Manager (Former Employee), West Covina, CASeptember 25, 2014
It was a good company to work for a few years ago. I had a great support system when I first started. I can't speak for what it is right now seeing as it has been 4 years ago.
great culture
assistant manager (Former Employee), Nags Head, NCSeptember 23, 2014
i loved working here! the customers were a pleasure. it was never boring and i got the chance to travel to other stores.
Fun and exciting place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Concord, CASeptember 23, 2014
Gymboree is like a second home for most, everyone is treated with open arms. It is exciting helping new moms.
Fun and interactive workplace
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee), Flint, MISeptember 22, 2014
Pros: high level of customer interaction, fun laid back atmosphere
Cons: small store, no benefits
Upbeat retail environment. Very hands on with customers. Performed store opening duties, including counting cash drawers and checking all equipment for proper functioning.
Children
Key Holder/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chestnut Hill, MASeptember 19, 2014
I was able to help kids with different projects and help them with life issues
Enjoyable work with a great company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
At Gymboree I was in charge of merchandising, money, scheduling, meeting sales goals, customer relations, managing the employees, managing the supply orders and the budget.
I learned how to be an effective manager.
My co-workers and management were pleasant to work with.
The hardest part of the job was not having the autonomy to make customer service – more... decisions at times.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a great group of people all working towards making the company successful. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rapid City, SDSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: happy place, cute clothes, great product
Cons: low pay, little hours and no benefits
I enjoy working here. The management is great. The company definitely ensures that you WILL have excellent customer service skills. Its a happy environment and I enjoy seeing children come in everyday.
Corporation is great company!
Key holder (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: constant communication from company headquarters
Cons: not enough hours for sales associates
This corporation is a good company to work for, their standard company policies are easy to follow and understand. They keep their employees abreast of latest fashion for kids, verbiage to use to greet customers as well as reminders of how to handle complex transactions and loss prevention.

As with all jobs, it's the people that make the difference!
great place to work
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 14, 2014
great management
great co workers
great environment
good company to work for
good
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2014
I didnt work there that long. The hours were really bad. It was not a good experience.
Customer service
Customer service Rep (Former Employee), DixonSeptember 12, 2014
Cons: no job security when it get's slow.
You work hard and demonstrate your customer service skills,dependability and reliability and when they no longer like you they just terminate you with no reason. They hire with a staffing agency so they don't have to tell you anything. The staffing agency just completes you assignment and gives you no warning or reason.Been working customer service – more... for over 15 years and I have never worked for a company with poor management and training. – less
Childrens clothing wear slow paced environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CASeptember 11, 2014
slowed paced retail environment, children's clothing store and accessories
I loved this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Terrell, TXSeptember 9, 2014
This was one of my favorite places that I have worked at. I had so much fun with the ladies I worked with. I also loved the environment and the customers that we had.
a great place to work
sales associate, helping customers (Current Employee), Montclair, CASeptember 6, 2014
I love going to work and helping people. I have learned a lot from working there. My co-workers are friendly and we all get along.
First Job
Key Holder (Former Employee), Huntington, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Loved it. The people where great. Everyone should work in retail at least once.
Hard work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: recognition
Cons: no advancement
A typical day has a lot of folding and cleaning. The hardest part is working during the holiday season because it is really busy and customers can be rude.
Productive and fun environment to work.
Sales Associate and Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: long lunches. fair hours.
Cons: n/a
~ A typical day at work would start with customer service and end with customer service. Inbetween those times I would fold clothes, clean the floors, windows, and displays, I was a cashier as well.
~ What i learned while working there would be even though not all people are easy to deal with you learn to handle all situations with care, respect, but – more... also authority.
~My co-workers at this job were amazing. They were fun to be around, made working feel like we were hanging out and working.
~The hardest part of this job i think would be the customers who come in and aren't the most pleasant to be around.
~ The most enjoyable part of this job would be meeting new people and working with my co-workers. – less
Productive and professional workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2014
Very fun place to work! Everyone gets along and the work always gets done on time. We provide excellent customer service and keep our customers coming back.
All about the customer with great support to the employees
Assisting customers (Former Employee), tampa, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: amount of hours able to work
This was by far one of the best places I have ever worked.
The management was wonderful, fellow employees were also great to work with. My particular manager was extremely flexible with schedules when needed, and in general just a happy place to work
I loved my job and all the new things Iearned. I just hoped it had been more organized to learn more instead of always having to guess at situations
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), North Attleboro, MAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: the different situations that i dealt with on a daily basis. learning to make decisions on my own.
Cons: the company did not have a time to train properly.
I was very excited to have had been offered the opportunity of manager.I was in the medical field for 22 years and 4 years ago I needed to make a career change, not having the training for a lot of careers I went and started as a associate at WhiteHouse/BlackMarket.

About Gymboree Corporation

Despite being over 30 years old, The Gymboree Corp. is still a retail toddler, stumbling periodically, learning quickly, and growing – Read more