Gymboree Corporation

Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Find some place else to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 22, 2014
Pros: customers, co-workers
Cons: everything else
They expect 1 person to work what should be 2 or 3 people's job. Very high turnover. Company does not support advancement in any way.
Practical and fun working environment.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 21, 2014
The typical work day at Gymboree was a nice steady shift depending on the sales, events and daily shipment. I learned different ways to approach customers, helping them find the merchandise they were looking for, depending on the age of the child. The management at Gymboree were kind, considerate and understanding to their employees. Co-workers were very helpful and polite to me when I first started the position and I had no problem getting my tasks finished. There wasn't really anything difficult working at the store. The most enjoyable part working at Gymboree was that, I like seeing all the little young ones and helping the customers.
Productive and fun workplace with children and meeting new people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston txOctober 19, 2014
The story time we always have at our job for the kids while the parents shop.
The management staff was not as helpful in regard to helping the team grow
SALES LEAD (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: limited opportunities
Gymboree is a great and upbeat company but is very limited in the knowledge of what it takes to build an efficient team.
I worked with amazing people
Sales Lead and Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Noblesville, INOctober 17, 2014
Pros: store manager-susan mcclain
Cons: that i was transferred out
I guess it depends which store you work at. The one I was a sales lead at was the best job I ever had. We all got along so well and we worked great as a team. My manager and my co managers were never micromanaging and that helped alot. 1724 Rocks!!
friendly fast pased and fun work environment. Great encouragement and opportunity for advancement.
Sales Associate/Customer Service, seasonal Temp (Former Employee), Williamsburg, IAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: awesome customer base as a kids clothing store.
I was Hired as a seasonal Temp. This was a very well organized, fun fast paced, exciting place to work. Offer great opportunity for advancement and encouragement.
fun environment but not a fun company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnsville, MNOctober 8, 2014
Overall the co-workers were great and the product is great too.
My only negative is the way corporate handles their managers and employees.
Friendly place to work
Sales Lead (Part-time) (Current Employee), Westbury, NYOctober 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work, family orientated but pay rate is lousy. Customer service: One must be able to deal with all sorts of customers.
fun place to work
Project Administrator/Real Estate Coordinator (Former Employee), CAOctober 8, 2014
Lots of energy in a fun corporate retail environment. Laid back management style.
Fun company but poor hiring process
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orem, UTOctober 6, 2014
All managers were not well trained and eventually fired because of poor ability to deal with employees. The product and clients were great.
Love me some Gymbo!!!
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAOctober 4, 2014
I miss this place! I would work here again and again if I could! Co-workers, and mangers are just off the top! The hours are even great!
loved being the stores but corporate was horrible
sales associate (Former Employee), Albertville & Coon rapids mnOctober 2, 2014
Pros: nice staff
Cons: slow repayment, discount is always the same as sale, no advancement, high turn over
I loved the people in my store and the kids I worked with but the corporate offices have there heads up there we get paid millage to work at stores other than our own but you may have to wait 6 months at least that's how long I have been waiting for I was forces to resign with 3 days notuce about 2 months ago because I got a second job cause they only gave me 4 hours and I was the only associate cause everyone that got hired quit after a couple weeks doesn't help that I was forced to transfer farther away from my home cause my home store wanted to let me go right after my dad died cause I took a month leave of absence.
Good place to work, supportive management
Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAOctober 2, 2014
Its a very supportive and flexible management team. Many opportunities to gain experience in administration, teaching and child development. Excellent, excellent opportunity for students just starting child development education because the schedule is so flexible, it doesn't require a degree and they train you fully on teaching and child development.
Fun and friendly work place
Assistant manager/retail (Former Employee), Pismo, CASeptember 29, 2014
I loved my customers at gymboree. This was one of my favorite jobs, helping parents and interacting with children everyday. Fun and nice co-workers, but lacked management and training.
Pleased
Store Manager (Former Employee), West Covina, CASeptember 25, 2014
It was a good company to work for a few years ago. I had a great support system when I first started. I can't speak for what it is right now seeing as it has been 4 years ago.
great culture
assistant manager (Former Employee), Nags Head, NCSeptember 23, 2014
i loved working here! the customers were a pleasure. it was never boring and i got the chance to travel to other stores.
Fun and exciting place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Concord, CASeptember 23, 2014
Gymboree is like a second home for most, everyone is treated with open arms. It is exciting helping new moms.
Fun and interactive workplace
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee), Flint, MISeptember 22, 2014
Pros: high level of customer interaction, fun laid back atmosphere
Cons: small store, no benefits
Upbeat retail environment. Very hands on with customers. Performed store opening duties, including counting cash drawers and checking all equipment for proper functioning.
Children
Key Holder/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chestnut Hill, MASeptember 19, 2014
I was able to help kids with different projects and help them with life issues
Enjoyable work with a great company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
At Gymboree I was in charge of merchandising, money, scheduling, meeting sales goals, customer relations, managing the employees, managing the supply orders and the budget.
I learned how to be an effective manager.
My co-workers and management were pleasant to work with.
The hardest part of the job was not having the autonomy to make customer service decisions at times.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a great group of people all working towards making the company successful.

About Gymboree Corporation

Despite being over 30 years old, The Gymboree Corp. is still a retail toddler, stumbling periodically, learning quickly, and growing – Read more