Gymboree Corporation

Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
loved working with the employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be straitening the store, restocking, an greeting customers and doing cash transactions.
Non Productive, Lack of Management Skilles
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Corte Madera, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, no sick time, no medical
Typical day at work consisted of mainly helping customers.

There was a store manager but she mostly talked about her personal life. It was difficult to learn anything from her so I mostly taught myself how to do store numbers and all other duties.

Management had a lack of communication.

Co-workers were all in high school and had no social skills, – more... so I gave myself the challenge to make them more social and teach them what I learned for myself.

Hardest part of my job is that there was no excitement and nothing to look forward to.

Most enjoyable part of my job was talking to customers and helping them with their needs. – less
A store for babies and children, fun to help dress people's Kids!
Sales lead (Former Employee), Medford, ORJune 27, 2014
Pros: helping customers pick out cute clothes for their children
Cons: lack of team work
Nice place to work, beautiful merchandise, was trained to give excellent customer service to the Parents as well as the kido's. Sales, monitoring hourly, daily, weekly and monthly. Key holder. Responsible for opening and closing the store. There was a lack of team work.
I would have to say the hardest part was my co-workers. I am a team player, and – more... those around me didn't seem to share my same views. – less
Fun Team to work with
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), New Jersey, NJJune 26, 2014
Cons: not enough hours, not enough help, customer specials are better than employee discounts, and work many weekends all weekend
The team I work with is alot of fun. I dont like that we are in the store for several hours in the morning alone.
fast pace worlking environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2014
I opened and closed the store. I worked on customers service while also replenishing the sales floor. I also managed about 8 employees and helped reach our goals. I believe the hardest part was working on minimal hours.
Productive workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mentor, OHJune 23, 2014
I enjoyed seeing the regular customers that would come in and having that personal interaction with them to make them feel comfortable. My coworkers were excellent to work with. I really enjoyed retaining as much about the job as possible.
Not bad at all
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), ManyJune 20, 2014
Pros: discount, flexible scheduling, decent pay, excellent benefits!
Cons: sometimes no breaks, lazy managers, neurotic dsitrict managers
I have worked for Gymboree on and off for 6 years. I have worked in 3 different states with the company in both retail and outlet. I have been a sales associate, sales lead, seasonal, FT assistant Manager, Interim Store Manager and am currently a PT assistant Manager. The company has become better at work/life balance, however, it still needs to provide – more... employees with a better discount. Most of us who work at GYMBOREE are some of their BEST customers and working for them does not really provide with sufficient incentive to shop more. Regular customers still get better deals. The job itself is a lot better than it was 5+ years ago, it also depends on what Tier store you work in. Most outlets are bananas regardless of location, however, in retail, certain locations have less traffic and this less stressful and chaotic. They have cut back on replenishment and bombarding stores with more merchandise than they could possibly process in a 11 hour day, but only due to online order placement at store level. The hardest part of the job is single coverage during the long day shifts where you are by yourself for hours at a time and in my opinion, cannot provide the BEST customer service because you cannot go out back to check for sizes, styles, etc. The most rewarding part of this job and company is that customers are truly the BEST of any other retailer I have worked for. I love meeting the kids and families and seeing as they grow, change and mature. You have your regulars, who ask for you by name and even ask about your own family. If you are thinking of a long term career in retail, this is the best Company. They promote from within 99% of the time, and most positions you do not have to be in for more than a few months to advance when there is an opening, they will consider you first.
How much or how little you work depends on how good your manager is. Some managers are very hard working and make working for them a pleasure, while others can be lazy and leave most of their responsibilities to their Assistant Manager and sales lead. This is definitely a company where you want to be a team! – less
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 19, 2014
Nice place to work. I loved playing dress up with the the children and their parents.
to much change
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Chino Hills, CAJune 17, 2014
awesome company to work for they just do to much changing and do not now when they have good people
Good
Store Manager (Current Employee), West Nyack, NYJune 13, 2014
Very nice people to work with. A lot of focus on training and development. Intense focus on results.
fun
Lead Sales (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2014
everyone is very polite and helpful. they are great with training and its easy to pick up on.
Great for part-time
Sales Lead (Former Employee), CaliforniaJune 10, 2014
Pros: cutest cusomers, quality product, flexible
Cons: huge workloads, long floor sets, management can be intimidating
I worked at two different Gymboree locations and really enjoyed my time with the company. You get to really engage with the customers and help pick outfits and gifts. If you like kids, can handle listening to Yo Gabba Gabba songs on repeat for an entire shift and you don't need more than about 15 hours a week, Gymboree is a great place to work.
Fast paced, challenging enviroment, great co workers
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee), Montebello CaliforniaJune 10, 2014
day to day routine is customer service patrons and predict customers wants and needs while executing marketing and promotions changes. Refilling and optimize merchandise in order to drive sales.
Ridiculous
Assistant Manager, Acting Store Manager (Former Employee), Salem, NHJune 9, 2014
Management on all levels were awful. No medical privacy and was threatened to be fired because of a medical issue.
Gymboree
Sales Lead (Key Holder/Part-time Manager) (Former Employee), SFJune 5, 2014
good starting job. especially for those out of hight school. it was my first job and i loved it
Repetion
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baraboo, WIJune 4, 2014
Pros: the pay wasn't bad for what i was doing.
Every day i went into Gymboree was the same. I would go into work, clock in, and straighten the store or stand up by the register. Management and co-workers though, were very helpful and wonderful people to be around everyday.
keeps you busy
Store Manger (Current Employee), flJune 3, 2014
never board, always new sign changes and newline sets every other week. Must be able to multitask, replenishment , ringing customers and assisting them on the sales floor.
Early Childhood Development
Teacher (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 2, 2014
Every Saturday I looked forward to going into work to play with the kids ages 9months - 3yrs. Each week was a new experience in being able to watch the kids learn and develop.
very strong but good companies schedules
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 1, 2014
working in retail is good, the pay is high but the schedules are strong and increasing the holidays more
Gymboree
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Grove, NYJune 1, 2014
When I was working for this company I helped customers find what they were looking for and I also did the shipment.

About Gymboree Corporation

Despite being over 30 years old, The Gymboree Corp. is still a retail toddler, stumbling periodically, learning quickly, and growing – Read more