Gymboree Corporation

Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer service
Customer service Rep (Former Employee), DixonSeptember 12, 2014
Cons: no job security when it get's slow.
You work hard and demonstrate your customer service skills,dependability and reliability and when they no longer like you they just terminate you with no reason. They hire with a staffing agency so they don't have to tell you anything. The staffing agency just completes you assignment and gives you no warning or reason.Been working customer service – more... for over 15 years and I have never worked for a company with poor management and training. – less
Childrens clothing wear slow paced environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CASeptember 11, 2014
slowed paced retail environment, children's clothing store and accessories
I loved this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Terrell, TXSeptember 9, 2014
This was one of my favorite places that I have worked at. I had so much fun with the ladies I worked with. I also loved the environment and the customers that we had.
a great place to work
sales associate, helping customers (Current Employee), Montclair, CASeptember 6, 2014
I love going to work and helping people. I have learned a lot from working there. My co-workers are friendly and we all get along.
First Job
Key Holder (Former Employee), Huntington, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Loved it. The people where great. Everyone should work in retail at least once.
Hard work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: recognition
Cons: no advancement
A typical day has a lot of folding and cleaning. The hardest part is working during the holiday season because it is really busy and customers can be rude.
Productive and fun environment to work.
Sales Associate and Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: long lunches. fair hours.
Cons: n/a
~ A typical day at work would start with customer service and end with customer service. Inbetween those times I would fold clothes, clean the floors, windows, and displays, I was a cashier as well.
~ What i learned while working there would be even though not all people are easy to deal with you learn to handle all situations with care, respect, but – more... also authority.
~My co-workers at this job were amazing. They were fun to be around, made working feel like we were hanging out and working.
~The hardest part of this job i think would be the customers who come in and aren't the most pleasant to be around.
~ The most enjoyable part of this job would be meeting new people and working with my co-workers. – less
Productive and professional workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2014
Very fun place to work! Everyone gets along and the work always gets done on time. We provide excellent customer service and keep our customers coming back.
All about the customer with great support to the employees
Assisting customers (Former Employee), tampa, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: amount of hours able to work
This was by far one of the best places I have ever worked.
The management was wonderful, fellow employees were also great to work with. My particular manager was extremely flexible with schedules when needed, and in general just a happy place to work
I loved my job and all the new things Iearned. I just hoped it had been more organized to learn more instead of always having to guess at situations
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), North Attleboro, MAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: the different situations that i dealt with on a daily basis. learning to make decisions on my own.
Cons: the company did not have a time to train properly.
I was very excited to have had been offered the opportunity of manager.I was in the medical field for 22 years and 4 years ago I needed to make a career change, not having the training for a lot of careers I went and started as a associate at WhiteHouse/BlackMarket.
n/a
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), North Bethesda, MDAugust 7, 2014
Great company, room for growth and development. Great prices for employees and customers. community involved and kid friendly.
Hours
Sales Associate- Register (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAAugust 5, 2014
Work was fine and associates were good and work was fun seeing children, but hours were very scarce.
great place to work with kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 29, 2014
Cons: short break
check out guest
stock shelves
co-workers were fun to be around
it was not too bad
Retail Sales Person (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 28, 2014
Cons: no benefits
i was not full time here and it is just like any other retail store. you need to love customer service and sales/retail to work here
Energetic place to work!
Sales Associate - Able (Former Employee), Katy, TXJuly 27, 2014
Customer service was first and foremost. I ended up training management even though I was just a sales associate because I had been there longer.
Fun place to work
ASM (Former Employee), Monroe< LAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: interaction with children
Cons: management
I liked working for Gymboree. Meeting sales goals was fun, as well as challenging.
Compassionate employees
Team Leader (Current Employee), Flint, MIJuly 9, 2014
Interact with the customer and help provide them with excellent customer service.
Great People!!
Senior Manager, Loss Prevention (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2014
The culture at Gymboree draws and inspires a wonderful group of people, who work very hard to provide families a great place to shop and our associates a place to grow.
Every day someone is smiling
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dixon, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: positive work environment, tons of interactive activities, free food.
Cons: cut hours during the slow season
Great work environment with tons of happy faces, however; this is not a position for someone who has administrative aspirations or needs job security.
Enjoyable Company
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Montebello, CAJuly 2, 2014
A typical day at work is all about customer service, one must be on their toes the entire time because customers are our number one priority.

About Gymboree Corporation

Despite being over 30 years old, The Gymboree Corp. is still a retail toddler, stumbling periodically, learning quickly, and growing – Read more