Gymboree Corporation

Gymboree Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun
Lead Sales (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2014
everyone is very polite and helpful. they are great with training and its easy to pick up on.
Great for part-time
Sales Lead (Former Employee), CaliforniaJune 10, 2014
Pros: cutest cusomers, quality product, flexible
Cons: huge workloads, long floor sets, management can be intimidating
I worked at two different Gymboree locations and really enjoyed my time with the company. You get to really engage with the customers and help pick outfits and gifts. If you like kids, can handle listening to Yo Gabba Gabba songs on repeat for an entire shift and you don't need more than about 15 hours a week, Gymboree is a great place to work.
Fast paced, challenging enviroment, great co workers
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee), Montebello CaliforniaJune 10, 2014
day to day routine is customer service patrons and predict customers wants and needs while executing marketing and promotions changes. Refilling and optimize merchandise in order to drive sales.
Ridiculous
Assistant Manager, Acting Store Manager (Former Employee), Salem, NHJune 9, 2014
Management on all levels were awful. No medical privacy and was threatened to be fired because of a medical issue.
Sales Lead (Key Holder/Part-time Manager) (Former Employee), SFJune 5, 2014
good starting job. especially for those out of hight school. it was my first job and i loved it
Repetion
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baraboo, WIJune 4, 2014
Pros: the pay wasn't bad for what i was doing.
Every day i went into Gymboree was the same. I would go into work, clock in, and straighten the store or stand up by the register. Management and co-workers though, were very helpful and wonderful people to be around everyday.
keeps you busy
Store Manger (Current Employee), flJune 3, 2014
never board, always new sign changes and newline sets every other week. Must be able to multitask, replenishment , ringing customers and assisting them on the sales floor.
Early Childhood Development
Teacher (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 2, 2014
Every Saturday I looked forward to going into work to play with the kids ages 9months - 3yrs. Each week was a new experience in being able to watch the kids learn and develop.
very strong but good companies schedules
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 1, 2014
working in retail is good, the pay is high but the schedules are strong and increasing the holidays more
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Grove, NYJune 1, 2014
When I was working for this company I helped customers find what they were looking for and I also did the shipment.
Kid Friendly Atmosphere
Sales Lead Management (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2014
Overall it is a great place to work. You are involved with kids and their parents. You are able to build strong customer relationships with many of the returning customers.

You are always working so your shift does go by very fast! The pay is ok and the employee turn over is high. My store went through 4 managers because they had better offers at another – more... company. – less
Great experience with customer servicing
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 28, 2014
Pros: taught me responsibility, how to communicate well, and coach other employee's and the management team
Cons: lack of hours, lack of staff
Gymboree is a great corporation that takes pride in their customer service. I started off at Gymboree as an assistant manager as well as I juggled my senior year in college at Liberty University. We do not have a full staff or a full management team because of the high intensity of stress. With the lack of hours, we also have to complete new line every – more... two weeks and markdowns as well as window and promotional changes each week. It can sometimes become overwhelming with a lack of staff and hours. However, Gymboree has taught me great responsibility as well as how to assist each and every customer's need to make sure their shopping experience is pleasant. – less
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers sales
Cons: short breaks.
Gymboree is an amazing company to work for depending on the place you are applying for. Co-workers are fun and upbeat make the day go by a lot faster and smoother, everyone there has each others backs and helps each other out the best they can.
Wonderful company to work for
Assistant Manager (Part-time) (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAMay 27, 2014
Going into work every day is an absolute joy. If you love working with kids and providing excellent customer service, then Gymboree is the company for you.
Overall okay place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 26, 2014
Cons: short breaks, long shifts
Overall working for Gymboree is a pretty good place to work. There are always opportunities to advance your career. co-workers can sometimes be a pain, but that's the same in all places really. Unfortunately some district managers like to brush problems off and not solve anything.
Good place to learn the business
Performance Supervisor (Current Employee), Groveport, OhioMay 22, 2014
Pros: was involved in the start up process
Cons: long work weeks, typically about 65 hour a week
The day to day operations are very volatile based on the orders that come in.

It is a rewarding job because I make a positive impact on my employees lives and the company's reputation.
Great environment, great people, lots of work for little money
Owner & Teacher (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMay 21, 2014
Owned a Play & Music Franchise. The people at Corporate are great to work with and the company is awesome for families and kids. I would have loved to have stayed with the franchise until retirement but the money is horrible. Put lots of money into the franchise and never really made much of a profit. Recession didn't help. Ran, operated, and managed – more... all aspects of the business by myself including teaching many of the programs. ALOT of work and unable to pay someone to help. – less
Very flexible hours but poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Katy, TXMay 21, 2014
The work hours were very flexible but the management and wage was poor.
Childrens clothing store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 20, 2014
This job was only seasonal. The time I was there, I enjoyed it.
I would love to work in big retail stores. I like being active
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 11, 2014
Pros: discounts on products
Cons: no free lunch.
A typical day at work would be just making sure i reach my sales goal helping customers with best interest. Understanding and listening to customers. Trying to sell the products. Hardest Part is trying to sell multiple products sometimes. I always work well with my co workers have laughter and smiles making sure we help eachother with sells. I enjoy – more... meeting new people and learning about people you just met and making them happy with their products. – less

About Gymboree Corporation

Despite being over 30 years old, The Gymboree Corp. is still a retail toddler, stumbling periodically, learning quickly, and growing – Read more