Gymboree Corporation

Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
gymboree review summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day at work starts with getting filled in about the previous day. Then we help customers and use the cash register. I learned to work the cash register and was able to lead my fellow employees.
Management is great, we have the best boss. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with.
the kids are great but...
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Ardmore, PAJanuary 17, 2015
Lack of organization and accountability leading to many last minute scheduling
Upbeat environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wrentham, MAJanuary 16, 2015
I loved working at Gymboree. The management was great along with the coworkers that I got to interact with each and every day.
Fun place to work with great employees and managers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Canutillo, TXJanuary 14, 2015
On a typical day at work I would assist customers locate articles of clothing that they could not find and cashing out customers at the register when they were done shopping. Working at Gymboree I learned the lingo that went into children apparel retail. The co-workers that I had were amazing, fun, hard-working, and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was repricing the markdowns. The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers.
Lots of work little pay
Sales Lead / Closing Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
I loved my job here, but it is a lot of work for little pay. I had little life outside of work but at least I had a job and majority of the time I worked with great people. I wouldnt recommend to some one with kids. I feel like the district managers and above actually make good money.
A great starter job
Assistant Manager/ Sales Lead (Former Employee), Nashville, INJanuary 9, 2015
I learned so much from my time at Gymboree. I learned how to effectively manage other employees, collaborate with other members of the management team to solve problems, and how to help customers have a great shopping experience. I adored my coworkers and fellow managers, but after working with the company for four years and not being eligible for benefits, I decided it was time to move on.
Fun job, no room for growth
Teacher (Former Employee), Tigard, ORJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: discount for my daughter's classes
Cons: low pay. little room for creativity
Although I loved working with families and children at Gymboree, I felt restricted and unfulfilled as a teacher. I would much rather work in a collaborative team and get to express ideas freely and creativity is honored more. I also need to be able to provide a decent living for my daughter and I.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Farmington, CTJanuary 5, 2015
Everyone who works at this location is great, I've never had a problem with a single employee. Managers are helpful and understanding. Hardest part of the job is difficult customers, but overall it's pretty low-stress.
Friends/Co-Workers
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Meadows Mall, Lake Saint Louis, MOJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: 40% discount for my daughters clother
Cons: ever changing work schedule
I have enjoyed my job thurough in the time I have been with Gymboree. They have been very kind to promote me to sales lead, and in a time of an ever changing economy it is great to feel secure with the work I have been gifted. Like all jobs, there are pros and cons and as my life has had some changes so have my needs for a career. Which is the main reason for reaching out for other opportunities. With having a one year old it has become tough working a job that hours are changed weekly. I am just looking for something with a more steady work schedule. Other than that I love gymboree. The other employees have become good friends of mine and with having a one year old it is the perfect place to make sure she is well clothed. Unfortunately, it just doesn't match up with my life and family needs.
Fun work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 31, 2014
Pros: enjoyable, stress free.
Cons: not enough hours, and no benefits
A typical day at Gymboree you stock items and check people out at the register each day . You make sure all the items out on the sales floor is folded and set right . And see if more items need to come out or if some need to be marked down. We see what the sale is for the day at the store and see if new signs need to be put up or took down.

I learned how to mark down items and stock clothing to what type of name they are . My co workers where really nice and helpful and polite. The hardest part was not working enough hours . Only working 3 hours 2 days a week was not enough.

The most enjoyable was I had a really nice boss .
FUN WORK ENVIRONMENT, BUSY
SALESLEAD / KEYHOLDER (Former Employee), DALLAS TXDecember 24, 2014
Pros: discount, hours
Cons: management
The work environment is fun with the right people.
There is room for growth with in the company.
Good hours for this position
constant new line update
Pretty productive and cool co-wokers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: have small hot pots for certain occasions.
Cons: slow at times.
Just like any other retail business its all about presenting and greeting guests. What I learned was how retail business works this was my first retail job, and it was a pleasant experience. Management was okay, it wasn't the best. Co-workers were lovely. There was no hardship in this job, I did enjoy some moments I had with my co-workers though.
Fun cultured place to work where customers are number one priority but has lost sight of the value of hardworking dedicated employees
Store Manager (Current Employee), Lebanon, TNDecember 15, 2014
Pros: i love to be able to assist customers and make them happy, my pay is good and hours have been good until recently.
Cons: hard to find staff to work so little hours given, new district and regional management changes that have negatively affected the entire district.
I started with Gymboree in 2008 as a sales associate and learned what makes Gymboree so special. At Gymboree we create a culture of family with fellow employees as well as our customers. Day to day is about creating a fun atmosphere to drive sales and create customers for life. I was quickly promoted to assistant manager and then shortly after Store Manager. I have been managing the store for 4 years and with the company 6. Day to day consists of replenishing the sales floor, understanding sales plans and comps then communicating those numbers to my employees and setting goals in order to achieve those numbers. Coaching is key to successful sales days. At Gymboree we strive to be "legendary" in our service. We do this by dropping all tasks and assisting our customers. In order to make sales and have customers completely satisfied listening and asking open-ended questions. We then pull and suggest many options until we have met all needs of the customer. I have learned exceptional customer service from Gymboree that will help to make me successful in any customer service position. I have also learned to adapt to the pace of the business and be ready to change my plans for the day. I can multi task and still be extremelly detailed and organized. Organization and customers service relations are two things I pride myself on. The hardest part of the job is the extreme late nights when we are setting complete new floor sets. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my customers happy and seeing the employees I hire grow through training. I have truly enjoyed working for Gymboree and that is why I have been with them for 6 years but at this time I feel it is time for me to broaden my experience and take the skills I have learned somewhere else and create a career.
Fast paced work place
Receiver (Former Employee), Dixon, CADecember 12, 2014
Really enjoyed working here it was safe place to work in a team setting among well trained supervisors. The whole environment was team oriented and everyone got along well. Supervisors where excellent and lead by example.
sales lead (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CADecember 8, 2014
I really enjoy working for this company. My managers are great they provide constructive feedback and make the work environment fun. What I love most about working here is that all of my coworkers are a joy to be around there's always a positive vibe in the store.
I had fun
Receptionist/Teacher (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2014
I sang, played ad danced with kids and their parents all day, what more can you ask for. :)
Part-time Cashier
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: part-time jon
Cons: not a full time job
Fun place to work for students or after graduating from high school.
nice people and work evironment
Temp. Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tulare,CaDecember 8, 2014
Job is easy to learn quick but not anyone can do it. I was a sales associate and work the cashier, customer service, and back room. I didn't get to stay long but for my first job, i love it.
Fun, great customers, easy going
Key Holder/Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Loveland, CODecember 5, 2014
Pros: nice people and team. had plausible goals for store vs crazy ones
Cons: not the greatest pay
Easy going people to work with. I liked my management team which is rare in sales positions. Some of the best customers of my life. As a management position the only downside was when your store bonused, you didn't receive much compensation. Could pay their staff a little better but still paid better than previous positions
Manager (Former Employee), Green Hills TnDecember 2, 2014
Was in charge of all stock. Processed the new shipments when they came in. Set up new displays in the store and made sure the store was presentable at all times. In charge of other employees and making sure they were doing what they were supppose to do. Made sure the back stock room was in order at all times. Responisble for opening and closing the store. Ran cash registers and made bank deposits. End of the day paperwok and helped set schedules for the employees.

About Gymboree Corporation

Despite being over 30 years old, The Gymboree Corp. is still a retail toddler, stumbling periodically, learning quickly, and growing – Read more