Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

not impressed with the way the company runs
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCAugust 15, 2014
I have never worked for a retail establishment that has been this poorly run and with a District Mgr that doesn't seem to care about the store. I like the people that I work with they brighten my day. The hardest part of job is the poor communication.
Pros
decent wage, good staff
Cons
poor hours
Bad Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2014
Very rude management team, bullied all of their staff to quit. Would not recommend this company at all !
Cons
no hours
Productive and friendly
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 29, 2014
When I joined the Gymboree team in Kitchener, the store had just opened. I helped get the store together prior to the opening day. A typical day at work would be talking to customers and fulfilling their needs. Somedays it could be slow but we remained productive by folding the clothing and making sure everything was neat. We greeted customers as soon as they walked in the door and gave them time to walk around before approaching them.

The management was excellent. The manager really got a long with everyone and talked to you as a friend. The co-worker dynamic was awesome. We call talked and got along.

The hardest part about the job was that because it was a new store, not a whole lot of people knew we were there so for a while, the customer flow was little.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the little kids that came in with their parents.
Pros
fun environment, easy going
Enjoyable, productive environment working with the public in retail sales
SALES ASSOCIATE (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, OntarioApril 25, 2014
I have been employed at Gymboree Kitchener for just under two years. As a sales associate, working at Gymboree has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills working with the public and working as a team in a professional environment. My responsibilities include handling inventory, stocking shelves, pricing merchandise and processing transactions in a time-efficient manner. Gymboree provides a very enjoyable, enthusiastic environment, where I have made many long-lasting personal relationships with customers and the members of my team. .
Pros
flexible hours, friendly co-workers
Legal aid assistant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 15, 2014
-work on people soft database
-file papers
-send letters
-work in an office environment
Pros
great environment
Cons
no pay
working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2013
i loved working there the most because everyone treats everyone like family and they were very understanding
average job
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2013
average retail job
at the time of working poor management / organization
Colourful environment with upbeat co-workers and customers
Retail sales person and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova ScotiaMarch 29, 2013
Everyday at Gymboree, one was greeted with a smile, and did so towards customers. I learned good time management skills, social skills, and overall good teamwork skills. Although my management was a bit negative at times, their dictation requests were fair. My co-workers were energetic and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was keeping a smile on your face, one of the companies requirements, during the most stressful of situations such as a customer yelling at you that their order hasn't arrived. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and children. For the most part, it was easy and nice helping someone find their hearts desire.
A great place to work, but no proper training available
Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 19, 2013
Hardest part of the job was working alone for 5 hour stretches without access to a washroom and providing Customers with the kind of service that I pride myself on, when it was just me working the till, answering phones and serving 0-15 Customers at once.

I learned alot of back-end management tasks there, which has added to my overall knowledge base.
Friendly, Fast-paced environment
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2013
Working at Gymboree was definitely a very beneficial experience. I learned many things about working in retail. Firstly, I learned that patience is definitely a very valuable virtue as well as communication skills.

Management and my co-workers are very friendly and helpful, they definitely helped make my transition into the retail world a lot smoother by being patient and providing me with detailed explanations. The biggest difficulty for me was probably keeping up with store layout changes and figuring out where everything goes.

Being a sales associate at Gymboree is quite enjoyable. Although fast-paced at times, the atmosphere can be very laid-back and fun. All in all, Gymboree is a great place to work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
fast-paced environment can be hard to deal with if you're not used to it
A better place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2012
Small store so not many employees can be left along for longer periods of time, unrealistic goals most of the time, good pay and benefits package
love kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 26, 2012
this store is very fun to work with. friendly staff members.
great work place
Cashier\sales (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJuly 8, 2012
working at gymboree was a great experience. On a normal day i worked 5 hours . my co-workers were wonderful and amazing people to work with . Gymboree was very flexible with the hours and very understanding. The best part about working at Gymoree was getting to interact with the customer and helping them out and making a bond with them. All in all working there was very rewarding.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
working till 1am