Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

Legal aid assistant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 15, 2014
-work on people soft database
-file papers
-send letters
-work in an office environment
Pros
great environment
Cons
no pay
working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2013
i loved working there the most because everyone treats everyone like family and they were very understanding
average job
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2013
average retail job
at the time of working poor management / organization
Colourful environment with upbeat co-workers and customers
Retail sales person and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova ScotiaMarch 29, 2013
Everyday at Gymboree, one was greeted with a smile, and did so towards customers. I learned good time management skills, social skills, and overall good teamwork skills. Although my management was a bit negative at times, their dictation requests were fair. My co-workers were energetic and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was keeping a smile on your face, one of the companies requirements, during the most stressful of situations such as a customer yelling at you that their order hasn't arrived. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and children. For the most part, it was easy and nice helping someone find their hearts desire.
A great place to work, but no proper training available
Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 19, 2013
Hardest part of the job was working alone for 5 hour stretches without access to a washroom and providing Customers with the kind of service that I pride myself on, when it was just me working the till, answering phones and serving 0-15 Customers at once.

I learned alot of back-end management tasks there, which has added to my overall knowledge base.
Friendly, Fast-paced environment
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2013
Working at Gymboree was definitely a very beneficial experience. I learned many things about working in retail. Firstly, I learned that patience is definitely a very valuable virtue as well as communication skills.

Management and my co-workers are very friendly and helpful, they definitely helped make my transition into the retail world a lot smoother by being patient and providing me with detailed explanations. The biggest difficulty for me was probably keeping up with store layout changes and figuring out where everything goes.

Being a sales associate at Gymboree is quite enjoyable. Although fast-paced at times, the atmosphere can be very laid-back and fun. All in all, Gymboree is a great place to work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
fast-paced environment can be hard to deal with if you're not used to it
A better place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2012
Small store so not many employees can be left along for longer periods of time, unrealistic goals most of the time, good pay and benefits package
love kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 26, 2012
this store is very fun to work with. friendly staff members.
great work place
Cashier\sales (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJuly 8, 2012
working at gymboree was a great experience. On a normal day i worked 5 hours . my co-workers were wonderful and amazing people to work with . Gymboree was very flexible with the hours and very understanding. The best part about working at Gymoree was getting to interact with the customer and helping them out and making a bond with them. All in all working there was very rewarding.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
working till 1am