Gymboree Corporation

Gymboree Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hours
Sales Associate- Register (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAAugust 5, 2014
Work was fine and associates were good and work was fun seeing children, but hours were very scarce.
great place to work with kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 29, 2014
Cons: short break
check out guest
stock shelves
co-workers were fun to be around
it was not too bad
Retail Sales Person (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 28, 2014
Cons: no benefits
i was not full time here and it is just like any other retail store. you need to love customer service and sales/retail to work here
Energetic place to work!
Sales Associate - Able (Former Employee), Katy, TXJuly 27, 2014
Customer service was first and foremost. I ended up training management even though I was just a sales associate because I had been there longer.
Fun place to work
ASM (Former Employee), Monroe< LAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: interaction with children
Cons: management
I liked working for Gymboree. Meeting sales goals was fun, as well as challenging.
Compassionate employees
Team Leader (Current Employee), Flint, MIJuly 9, 2014
Interact with the customer and help provide them with excellent customer service.
Great People!!
Senior Manager, Loss Prevention (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2014
The culture at Gymboree draws and inspires a wonderful group of people, who work very hard to provide families a great place to shop and our associates a place to grow.
Every day someone is smiling
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dixon, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: positive work environment, tons of interactive activities, free food.
Cons: cut hours during the slow season
Great work environment with tons of happy faces, however; this is not a position for someone who has administrative aspirations or needs job security.
Enjoyable Company
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Montebello, CAJuly 2, 2014
A typical day at work is all about customer service, one must be on their toes the entire time because customers are our number one priority.
fun place with great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), las vegas nvJuly 1, 2014
great work environment but not well paid. The company doesn't offer enough hours for the staff. Salary managers work at least 14 hours a day due budget hours.
loved working with the employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be straitening the store, restocking, an greeting customers and doing cash transactions.
Non Productive, Lack of Management Skilles
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Corte Madera, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, no sick time, no medical
Typical day at work consisted of mainly helping customers.

There was a store manager but she mostly talked about her personal life. It was difficult to learn anything from her so I mostly taught myself how to do store numbers and all other duties.

Management had a lack of communication.

Co-workers were all in high school and had no social skills, – more... so I gave myself the challenge to make them more social and teach them what I learned for myself.

Hardest part of my job is that there was no excitement and nothing to look forward to.

Most enjoyable part of my job was talking to customers and helping them with their needs. – less
A store for babies and children, fun to help dress people's Kids!
Sales lead (Former Employee), Medford, ORJune 27, 2014
Pros: helping customers pick out cute clothes for their children
Cons: lack of team work
Nice place to work, beautiful merchandise, was trained to give excellent customer service to the Parents as well as the kido's. Sales, monitoring hourly, daily, weekly and monthly. Key holder. Responsible for opening and closing the store. There was a lack of team work.
I would have to say the hardest part was my co-workers. I am a team player, and – more... those around me didn't seem to share my same views. – less
Fun Team to work with
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), New Jersey, NJJune 26, 2014
Cons: not enough hours, not enough help, customer specials are better than employee discounts, and work many weekends all weekend
The team I work with is alot of fun. I dont like that we are in the store for several hours in the morning alone.
fast pace worlking environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2014
I opened and closed the store. I worked on customers service while also replenishing the sales floor. I also managed about 8 employees and helped reach our goals. I believe the hardest part was working on minimal hours.
Productive workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mentor, OHJune 23, 2014
I enjoyed seeing the regular customers that would come in and having that personal interaction with them to make them feel comfortable. My coworkers were excellent to work with. I really enjoyed retaining as much about the job as possible.
Not bad at all
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), ManyJune 20, 2014
Pros: discount, flexible scheduling, decent pay, excellent benefits!
Cons: sometimes no breaks, lazy managers, neurotic dsitrict managers
I have worked for Gymboree on and off for 6 years. I have worked in 3 different states with the company in both retail and outlet. I have been a sales associate, sales lead, seasonal, FT assistant Manager, Interim Store Manager and am currently a PT assistant Manager. The company has become better at work/life balance, however, it still needs to provide – more... employees with a better discount. Most of us who work at GYMBOREE are some of their BEST customers and working for them does not really provide with sufficient incentive to shop more. Regular customers still get better deals. The job itself is a lot better than it was 5+ years ago, it also depends on what Tier store you work in. Most outlets are bananas regardless of location, however, in retail, certain locations have less traffic and this less stressful and chaotic. They have cut back on replenishment and bombarding stores with more merchandise than they could possibly process in a 11 hour day, but only due to online order placement at store level. The hardest part of the job is single coverage during the long day shifts where you are by yourself for hours at a time and in my opinion, cannot provide the BEST customer service because you cannot go out back to check for sizes, styles, etc. The most rewarding part of this job and company is that customers are truly the BEST of any other retailer I have worked for. I love meeting the kids and families and seeing as they grow, change and mature. You have your regulars, who ask for you by name and even ask about your own family. If you are thinking of a long term career in retail, this is the best Company. They promote from within 99% of the time, and most positions you do not have to be in for more than a few months to advance when there is an opening, they will consider you first.
How much or how little you work depends on how good your manager is. Some managers are very hard working and make working for them a pleasure, while others can be lazy and leave most of their responsibilities to their Assistant Manager and sales lead. This is definitely a company where you want to be a team! – less
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 19, 2014
Nice place to work. I loved playing dress up with the the children and their parents.
to much change
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Chino Hills, CAJune 17, 2014
awesome company to work for they just do to much changing and do not now when they have good people
Good
Store Manager (Current Employee), West Nyack, NYJune 13, 2014
Very nice people to work with. A lot of focus on training and development. Intense focus on results.

About Gymboree Corporation

Despite being over 30 years old, The Gymboree Corp. is still a retail toddler, stumbling periodically, learning quickly, and growing – Read more