Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun dynamic group of coworkers...
Associate (Former Employee) –  London27 November 2016
I was part of the opening of the Gymboree clothing store at White Oaks Mall. We were there from the very start of when we had to fill an empty store with new children's clothes and set up to open for business. I learned that it is not the job but the people and attitude that can make a day. I formed lasting friendships even after moving on ..
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 November 2016
its good and nice. its productive and easy going. people are nice to work with and it is a fun environment to work in. management is good and friendly
Fun place to work
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 July 2016
Helping and cashing out customers finding clothing and accessories for children. Fun cheerful environment. Folding and organizing merchandise. Very professional management. Great friendly coworkers to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and interacting with the children that come in with there parents and families.
Pros
Very Friendly environment
Cons
few shifts
Gymboree
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 July 2016
Upbeat work environment with an understanding and co-operative staff. Management that takes the time to train staff properly equipping them with various skills. An environment that provides a worker the ability to be responsible and meet their requirements.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
Great people, terrible management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2016
The pay was not bad for a college student if you don't pay for many things. My typical day consisted of folding clothes, helping customers, handling the cash registers, cleaning up the store, etc.

At first, management was kind, friendly and hilarious, but once the first manager left, everything started going downhill. I wasn't given much hours that I wanted to (it went from 8 hours per day to 3 hours a week) and instead of giving some thought in my request for more hours, the manager hires new people even if there isn't much business.

My coworkers are friendly and supportive and we have good laughs, which makes the job fun. The hardest part of the job is making sure everything is clean and tidy and not to lose your cool against rude customers.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Awful hours, awful manager
very sociable job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 July 2016
great place to gain social skills, my co workers were very friendly, informative and helpful. it didnt take long to learn tasks as training was very hands on and coworkers didnt give up on training until tasks were learned. management was great, i could seek help when needed without feeling awkward. the best part of the job was definatly meeting all the different types of people and interacting with them. i had only one hard thing that happened to me and it was when a deaf woman had come into the store but we resolved our issues by interacting by writing what we needed from eachother on a note pad and the sale went smoothly.
Babies are cute
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  长春市22 June 2016
The parents are a bit eager for 1 and two year olds to speak English and that is not going to happen quite so soon because the kids haven't even started learning or speaking Chinese yet.

Work and play. Getting the children used to an environment of sharing, caring, running, jumping and all in an English environment where all the teachers speak English and the music at the school is almost always English.

The work space is always clean!

Love children and love Teaching!
Pros
short classes
Nice work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 April 2016
Enjoyed working at Gymboree. The clothes are cute and good quality. The only disadvantage was the backroom (small and crowded). The managers and the other employees were very nice and helped me out a lot.
Great people to work with,
Leader on Duty (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 March 2016
Enjoyed the atmosphere or working there. Management and co workers were lovely and accommodating. Looking to further my life in something more meaningful .
Pros
great co-workers, manager was accomodating
Cons
retail
Customers where extremely friendly and some became friends
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 March 2016
Typical day:
Operational duties such as morning paperwork, opening registers, checking voice mail, replenishing the store, customer service, training team, markdowns and keeping store neat and clean
What I learned:
- to give excellent customer service to everyone. Getting to know your customers made them want to come back
Management:
We had a District Manger, Store Manger, Full time Assistant manager, Part-time Assistant manager, Key holder. Everyone got along well
Co-Workers:
- Everyone was friendly and hard workers. I am still in contact with most.
Hardest part of job:
- not getting compensated for the job I did. Not having the chance to advance in my area
Best part:
- Again the clothing we sold was amazing and the customers where amazing
Pros
having fun with customers, getting to know the prodcut
Cons
wages
Amazing until new DM came on
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alberta17 February 2016
Gymboree has always been amazing, to work and shop at. New management has made the District go down hill in the last couple months.
Typical day at gymboree
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 February 2016
Typical day at work is helping out customers with what they're looking for. Making sure store and cash wrap is cleaned. Merchandise is in the appropriate place and the correct signage is placed.
fun environment
Store Manager/Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2016
training of new staff and managers
visual training,
multi managing 15 stores was so full-filling
great team to work with and watch the staff grow
given the opportunity to multi-manage 15 stores across western Canada
Pros
working with young adults
Cons
opportunity to grow with the company
Productive learning environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON14 October 2015
At this job, I have learned how to be a leader in my work environment. I was hired as the youngest key-holder and member of the management team. By the end of my employment there, I had more influence in the store then I had, which shows my developed skills as a leader.
I got great customer feed back and had a fun time and the ladies working their were very patient
Stock person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2015
Awsome work place to be at with supportive group of females and i learned a few things about the work inviorment as well as stocking shevles with the new shipment of product and i loved working their cause it was such a humbling experience for me.
Pros
free coffee and lunches when the girls would offer to go get lunch for everyone
Cons
heavy boxes and would take out the trash constantly
Worked well here very friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 July 2015
met some very happy outgoing people here , felt right at home and we all worked well together to get the job done and keep our store clean
Fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 May 2015
This company is great, they stand by their products 100%. Usually a typical day is cleaning around the store and helping customers.
Cons
A lot of on call shifts.
Team Oriented
Part-time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary30 April 2015
A typical day at work for me would be selling clothes and working the cashier at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job would meeting our cute little customers.
Pros
Cons
Kid's store
Great Team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga30 April 2015
Investing my time working with a great team, to enhance my skills.
We need to apply all the company's standards, as a great customer service.
Productive and friendly
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2015
Gets busy and always multitasking
Taking care of customers first
Offering the best customer service
Replenishing the floor