Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

Great retail experience!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON16 June 2017
Fun, fast-paced children's apparel shop with high-end, quality products. Good experience for students and people new to the retail industry, as the management gives clear instructions and exposure to a variety of sales tasks.
ok workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 May 2017
I've been working a Gymboree for a few months and it's an okay job. The thing I dislike about working there is when there is 2 employees and one of them has to go on break leaving one person alone in the store. It can get a bit frustrating especially since you can't check the back for products or assist other customers because you're on cash. The management and employees are really friendly and are easy going.
Cons
small store, busy store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC28 April 2017
building planograms, which is the set up of the store at night. must be sure to acknowledge every customer that comes in and try and add onto their bill. atleast youre surrounded by lots of cute clothes and the occasional baby. warning the video that plays is on repeat, same with the music as it is company approved. Gets a little much after a while
Pros
Discount on clothing
Fast Paced Environment But a Great Time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
Working at Gymboree, was an amazing starters experience for myself, I got to learn alot of hands on skills and upgrade my skills to being more profficient and fast paced.
Sales
Customer Service - Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 March 2017
Nice and friendly place to work. Flexible schedule and a collaborative work culture. Night extra hours needed to organized the store when season changes
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 March 2017
Day to day I would engage closely with the customers. Often building customer-employee relationships with our regulars and completing transactions. Sales goals were important and it was important to optimize our current weeks sales over the previous weeks sales. A big part of the job, and perhaps one of my favourite parts was merchandizing. It was important that the product was displayed properly and maintained throughout the day. Lastly, of course was keeping the store clean and tidy. Gymboree was a relaxed but productive environment to work in.
fun place to work in
SELLING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB23 March 2017
Opened and closed the store
Cleaned and organize the store
Give great customer service
Count registers
Trained new hires
Receive shipments
Staff were friendly and made work enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 March 2017
It was a great experience, I learned a lot of valuable techniques. However I was getting enough hours and as a student who is capable of working hours and going to school, a new start is needed
friendly
Supervisor (LOD) (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON23 February 2017
-it was a fun, friendly environment, management was very professional and nice
-learned leadership, sales, customer service, management responsibilities
-management made it an excellent place to work
-workplace culture was fun and professional
-hardest part of the job was low pay
-most enjoyable part staff and customers
Pros
Workplace Environment
Cons
Low Pay
Fast paced environment but great to be part of such an awesome company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Gymboree has proved its value on the market over the years, we as a company have a strong work ethic and fun work environment. The company is constantly trying to upgrade to satisfy the growing needs of the market.
Pros
Meeting our little precious customers :)
Cons
same CD playing every 20 minutes, drives you crazy
Great Team Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario7 February 2017
Work load is well balanced between team members. Christmas season can be overwhelming in terms of stock. Easy to advance your career in this company. They are making lots of new changes and adding new technology.
Pros
Team Rewards for meeting goals
Cons
Small stockroom.
Fun place to work at; extremely friendly people.
Leader on Duty (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 February 2017
Good job if you are busy and want little hours. People are very friendly and you will learn how to pick up stuff quickly. Store is a little small for amount of stock.
Job review
Lead on Duty (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 December 2016
I personally didn't agree with the company, and how they treated the employees. I felt I didn't get payed as much as I should have for the work I was doing. A typical day at work would be helping customers and unloading stock. I learned lots of new things, like how to be a supervisor and do cash deposits as well as motivate a team to reach the goal of the day. My co-workers were great, we all go along. The hardest part of the job was unloading the stock as we got a lot and didn't have enough employees to help out, as well as putting the merchandise out. The most enjoyable part was working with the team, we had lots of fun times. I still keep in contact with some of them.
Pros
Co-workers and Hours
Cons
Expected to much for one person to do in a shift period
Great management
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 December 2016
Managers are great to work with, all the different store's management are close knit making for a dynamic work place. They are very accomadating to your schedule, asking for your availability every time it changes.
Fun dynamic group of coworkers...
Associate (Former Employee) –  London27 November 2016
I was part of the opening of the Gymboree clothing store at White Oaks Mall. We were there from the very start of when we had to fill an empty store with new children's clothes and set up to open for business. I learned that it is not the job but the people and attitude that can make a day. I formed lasting friendships even after moving on ..
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 November 2016
its good and nice. its productive and easy going. people are nice to work with and it is a fun environment to work in. management is good and friendly
Assistant Manager/Key Holder
Gymboree Retail (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, BC27 August 2016
Retail Customer Service again muti-tasking.
Answering phones, returns,exchanges.
How to deal or analyze a situation and correctly make thing better and customer happier.
Bank deposits, opening Closing.
Pros
The kids, it was a kids clothing store
Cons
Could'nt close every night with a young child in the city
Fun place to work
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 July 2016
Helping and cashing out customers finding clothing and accessories for children. Fun cheerful environment. Folding and organizing merchandise. Very professional management. Great friendly coworkers to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and interacting with the children that come in with there parents and families.
Pros
Very Friendly environment
Cons
few shifts
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 July 2016
Upbeat work environment with an understanding and co-operative staff. Management that takes the time to train staff properly equipping them with various skills. An environment that provides a worker the ability to be responsible and meet their requirements.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
Great people, terrible management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2016
The pay was not bad for a college student if you don't pay for many things. My typical day consisted of folding clothes, helping customers, handling the cash registers, cleaning up the store, etc.

At first, management was kind, friendly and hilarious, but once the first manager left, everything started going downhill. I wasn't given much hours that I wanted to (it went from 8 hours per day to 3 hours a week) and instead of giving some thought in my request for more hours, the manager hires new people even if there isn't much business.

My coworkers are friendly and supportive and we have good laughs, which makes the job fun. The hardest part of the job is making sure everything is clean and tidy and not to lose your cool against rude customers.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Awful hours, awful manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gymboree Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval