Gymboree Corporation Employee Reviews

very sociable job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 11, 2016
great place to gain social skills, my co workers were very friendly, informative and helpful. it didnt take long to learn tasks as training was very hands on and coworkers didnt give up on training until tasks were learned. management was great, i could seek help when needed without feeling awkward. the best part of the job was definatly meeting all the different types of people and interacting with them. i had only one hard thing that happened to me and it was when a deaf woman had come into the store but we resolved our issues by interacting by writing what we needed from eachother on a note pad and the sale went smoothly.
Customers where extremely friendly and some became friends
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 8, 2016
Typical day:
Operational duties such as morning paperwork, opening registers, checking voice mail, replenishing the store, customer service, training team, markdowns and keeping store neat and clean
What I learned:
- to give excellent customer service to everyone. Getting to know your customers made them want to come back
Management:
We had a District Manger, Store Manger, Full time Assistant manager, Part-time Assistant manager, Key holder. Everyone got along well
Co-Workers:
- Everyone was friendly and hard workers. I am still in contact with most.
Hardest part of job:
- not getting compensated for the job I did. Not having the chance to advance in my area
Best part:
- Again the clothing we sold was amazing and the customers where amazing
Pros
having fun with customers, getting to know the prodcut
Cons
wages
Babies are cute
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  长春市June 22, 2016
The parents are a bit eager for 1 and two year olds to speak English and that is not going to happen quite so soon because the kids haven't even started learning or speaking Chinese yet.

Work and play. Getting the children used to an environment of sharing, caring, running, jumping and all in an English environment where all the teachers speak English and the music at the school is almost always English.

The work space is always clean!

Love children and love Teaching!
Pros
short classes
Fun place to work
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 28, 2016
Helping and cashing out customers finding clothing and accessories for children. Fun cheerful environment. Folding and organizing merchandise. Very professional management. Great friendly coworkers to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and interacting with the children that come in with there parents and families.
Pros
Very Friendly environment
Cons
few shifts
Gymboree
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 25, 2016
Upbeat work environment with an understanding and co-operative staff. Management that takes the time to train staff properly equipping them with various skills. An environment that provides a worker the ability to be responsible and meet their requirements.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
Great people to work with,
Leader on Duty (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 16, 2016
Enjoyed the atmosphere or working there. Management and co workers were lovely and accommodating. Looking to further my life in something more meaningful .
Pros
great co-workers, manager was accomodating
Cons
retail
Nice work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 29, 2016
Enjoyed working at Gymboree. The clothes are cute and good quality. The only disadvantage was the backroom (small and crowded). The managers and the other employees were very nice and helped me out a lot.
Amazing until new DM came on
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  AlbertaFebruary 17, 2016
Gymboree has always been amazing, to work and shop at. New management has made the District go down hill in the last couple months.
fun environment
Store Manager/Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2016
training of new staff and managers
visual training,
multi managing 15 stores was so full-filling
great team to work with and watch the staff grow
given the opportunity to multi-manage 15 stores across western Canada
Pros
working with young adults
Cons
opportunity to grow with the company
Typical day at gymboree
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Typical day at work is helping out customers with what they're looking for. Making sure store and cash wrap is cleaned. Merchandise is in the appropriate place and the correct signage is placed.
Productive learning environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONOctober 14, 2015
At this job, I have learned how to be a leader in my work environment. I was hired as the youngest key-holder and member of the management team. By the end of my employment there, I had more influence in the store then I had, which shows my developed skills as a leader.
A better place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2012
Small store so not many employees can be left along for longer periods of time, unrealistic goals most of the time, good pay and benefits package
I got great customer feed back and had a fun time and the ladies working their were very patient
Stock person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Awsome work place to be at with supportive group of females and i learned a few things about the work inviorment as well as stocking shevles with the new shipment of product and i loved working their cause it was such a humbling experience for me.
Pros
free coffee and lunches when the girls would offer to go get lunch for everyone
Cons
heavy boxes and would take out the trash constantly
Friendly, Fast-paced environment
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2013
Working at Gymboree was definitely a very beneficial experience. I learned many things about working in retail. Firstly, I learned that patience is definitely a very valuable virtue as well as communication skills.

Management and my co-workers are very friendly and helpful, they definitely helped make my transition into the retail world a lot smoother by being patient and providing me with detailed explanations. The biggest difficulty for me was probably keeping up with store layout changes and figuring out where everything goes.

Being a sales associate at Gymboree is quite enjoyable. Although fast-paced at times, the atmosphere can be very laid-back and fun. All in all, Gymboree is a great place to work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
fast-paced environment can be hard to deal with if you're not used to it
Productive and friendly
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 29, 2014
When I joined the Gymboree team in Kitchener, the store had just opened. I helped get the store together prior to the opening day. A typical day at work would be talking to customers and fulfilling their needs. Somedays it could be slow but we remained productive by folding the clothing and making sure everything was neat. We greeted customers as soon as they walked in the door and gave them time to walk around before approaching them.

The management was excellent. The manager really got a long with everyone and talked to you as a friend. The co-worker dynamic was awesome. We call talked and got along.

The hardest part about the job was that because it was a new store, not a whole lot of people knew we were there so for a while, the customer flow was little.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the little kids that came in with their parents.
Pros
fun environment, easy going
Colourful environment with upbeat co-workers and customers
Retail sales person and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova ScotiaMarch 29, 2013
Everyday at Gymboree, one was greeted with a smile, and did so towards customers. I learned good time management skills, social skills, and overall good teamwork skills. Although my management was a bit negative at times, their dictation requests were fair. My co-workers were energetic and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was keeping a smile on your face, one of the companies requirements, during the most stressful of situations such as a customer yelling at you that their order hasn't arrived. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and children. For the most part, it was easy and nice helping someone find their hearts desire.
Worked well here very friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 14, 2015
met some very happy outgoing people here , felt right at home and we all worked well together to get the job done and keep our store clean
Team Oriented
Part-time sales associate (Former Employee) –  CalgaryApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be selling clothes and working the cashier at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job would meeting our cute little customers.
Pros
Cons
Kid's store
Enjoyable, productive environment working with the public in retail sales
SALES ASSOCIATE (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, OntarioApril 25, 2014
I have been employed at Gymboree Kitchener for just under two years. As a sales associate, working at Gymboree has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills working with the public and working as a team in a professional environment. My responsibilities include handling inventory, stocking shelves, pricing merchandise and processing transactions in a time-efficient manner. Gymboree provides a very enjoyable, enthusiastic environment, where I have made many long-lasting personal relationships with customers and the members of my team. .
Pros
flexible hours, friendly co-workers
Horrible Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, B.C.October 19, 2014
The staff employed were wonderful, the management was horrible. Unrealistic expectations and no support. I learned nothing other than what environment I don't want to be employed under. For a company that prides itself on its ability to be fun and helpful the atmosphere was anything but.
Pros
decent wages, flexible schedule
Cons
no support, unrealistic sales goals.

2.9