Gymboree Corporation

Gymboree Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and child friendly job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rideau CentreJune 9, 2014
Learned to work with children and mothers. Greeted customers and processed sales.
Productive and friendly
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 29, 2014
Pros: fun environment, easy going
When I joined the Gymboree team in Kitchener, the store had just opened. I helped get the store together prior to the opening day. A typical day at work would be talking to customers and fulfilling their needs. Somedays it could be slow but we remained productive by folding the clothing and making sure everything was neat. We greeted customers as soon – more... as they walked in the door and gave them time to walk around before approaching them.

The management was excellent. The manager really got a long with everyone and talked to you as a friend. The co-worker dynamic was awesome. We call talked and got along.

The hardest part about the job was that because it was a new store, not a whole lot of people knew we were there so for a while, the customer flow was little.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the little kids that came in with their parents. – less
Enjoyable, productive environment working with the public in retail sales
SALES ASSOCIATE (Part-time) (Current Employee), Kitchener, OntarioApril 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, friendly co-workers
I have been employed at Gymboree Kitchener for just under two years. As a sales associate, working at Gymboree has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills working with the public and working as a team in a professional environment. My responsibilities include handling inventory, stocking shelves, pricing merchandise and processing – more... transactions in a time-efficient manner. Gymboree provides a very enjoyable, enthusiastic environment, where I have made many long-lasting personal relationships with customers and the members of my team. . – less
Legal aid assistant
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 15, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: no pay
-work on people soft database
-file papers
-send letters
-work in an office environment
working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2013
i loved working there the most because everyone treats everyone like family and they were very understanding
average job
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 27, 2013
average retail job
at the time of working poor management / organization
Colourful environment with upbeat co-workers and customers
Retail sales person and Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaMarch 29, 2013
Everyday at Gymboree, one was greeted with a smile, and did so towards customers. I learned good time management skills, social skills, and overall good teamwork skills. Although my management was a bit negative at times, their dictation requests were fair. My co-workers were energetic and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was keeping a – more... smile on your face, one of the companies requirements, during the most stressful of situations such as a customer yelling at you that their order hasn't arrived. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and children. For the most part, it was easy and nice helping someone find their hearts desire. – less
A great place to work, but no proper training available
Acting Store Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 19, 2013
Hardest part of the job was working alone for 5 hour stretches without access to a washroom and providing Customers with the kind of service that I pride myself on, when it was just me working the till, answering phones and serving 0-15 Customers at once.

I learned alot of back-end management tasks there, which has added to my overall knowledge base.
Friendly, Fast-paced environment
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: fast-paced environment can be hard to deal with if you're not used to it
Working at Gymboree was definitely a very beneficial experience. I learned many things about working in retail. Firstly, I learned that patience is definitely a very valuable virtue as well as communication skills.

Management and my co-workers are very friendly and helpful, they definitely helped make my transition into the retail world a lot smoother – more... by being patient and providing me with detailed explanations. The biggest difficulty for me was probably keeping up with store layout changes and figuring out where everything goes.

Being a sales associate at Gymboree is quite enjoyable. Although fast-paced at times, the atmosphere can be very laid-back and fun. All in all, Gymboree is a great place to work. – less
love kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAAugust 26, 2012
this store is very fun to work with. friendly staff members.
great work place
Cashier\sales (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 8, 2012
Pros: very flexible
Cons: working till 1am
working at gymboree was a great experience. On a normal day i worked 5 hours . my co-workers were wonderful and amazing people to work with . Gymboree was very flexible with the hours and very understanding. The best part about working at Gymoree was getting to interact with the customer and helping them out and making a bond with them. All in all working – more... there was very rewarding. – less
Fun place to work
ASM (Former Employee), Monroe< LAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: interaction with children
Cons: management
I liked working for Gymboree. Meeting sales goals was fun, as well as challenging.
Compassionate employees
Team Leader (Current Employee), Flint, MIJuly 9, 2014
Interact with the customer and help provide them with excellent customer service.
Great People!!
Senior Manager, Loss Prevention (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2014
The culture at Gymboree draws and inspires a wonderful group of people, who work very hard to provide families a great place to shop and our associates a place to grow.
Every day someone is smiling
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dixon, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: positive work environment, tons of interactive activities, free food.
Cons: cut hours during the slow season
Great work environment with tons of happy faces, however; this is not a position for someone who has administrative aspirations or needs job security.
Enjoyable Company
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Montebello, CAJuly 2, 2014
A typical day at work is all about customer service, one must be on their toes the entire time because customers are our number one priority.
fun place with great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), las vegas nvJuly 1, 2014
great work environment but not well paid. The company doesn't offer enough hours for the staff. Salary managers work at least 14 hours a day due budget hours.
loved working with the employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be straitening the store, restocking, an greeting customers and doing cash transactions.
Non Productive, Lack of Management Skilles
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Corte Madera, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, no sick time, no medical
Typical day at work consisted of mainly helping customers.

There was a store manager but she mostly talked about her personal life. It was difficult to learn anything from her so I mostly taught myself how to do store numbers and all other duties.

Management had a lack of communication.

Co-workers were all in high school and had no social skills, – more... so I gave myself the challenge to make them more social and teach them what I learned for myself.

Hardest part of my job is that there was no excitement and nothing to look forward to.

Most enjoyable part of my job was talking to customers and helping them with their needs. – less
A store for babies and children, fun to help dress people's Kids!
Sales lead (Former Employee), Medford, ORJune 27, 2014
Pros: helping customers pick out cute clothes for their children
Cons: lack of team work
Nice place to work, beautiful merchandise, was trained to give excellent customer service to the Parents as well as the kido's. Sales, monitoring hourly, daily, weekly and monthly. Key holder. Responsible for opening and closing the store. There was a lack of team work.
I would have to say the hardest part was my co-workers. I am a team player, and – more... those around me didn't seem to share my same views. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Gymboree Corporation

Despite being over 30 years old, The Gymboree Corp. is still a retail toddler, stumbling periodically, learning quickly, and growing – Read more