GWL Realty Advisors Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Positive Workplace
Business Solutions - Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2016
Very nice work environment. I was able to work with various areas of the business. Good pay for a student! I liked that there were also many other students that work there in the summer, so you don't feel like you're alone. Everyone treats you like you belong there!
Pros
Generous Snack Giveaways
Cons
Long travel back home if you don't live in Toronto
Productive but very strict work environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 25, 2015
Very strict schedule
not flexible at all
makeup hours for medical appts

Overall the company was not a fun place to work at.
Pros
very organized
Cons
paid semi monthly
Strong company with historically progressive growth
Project Manager, Construction (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day would likely start on construction site, doing a walkthrough with a construction manager, reviewing the current progress. After that - proceeding to the office to process invoices for payment; to prepare reports for review and comments; to reply to multitude of business correspondence.

In the past 7 years working within Development group of GWL RA I have most definitely learnt a great deal of skill and 'tricks' of the trade. From the zoning process and applying for SPA with a municipality -- to the RFP/ contract awarding process -- to the construction start -- to records keeping -- to project commissioning and close-out. All the while enjoying the work in the friendly, supportive group of similarly minded people, where we can rely on each other for advice and recommendation in difficult moments.

The hardest part of the job? It is surprisingly also the most enjoyable part of it - coming up with creative solutions to puzzling situations and participating in the implementation of the solutions.
Pros
satisfaction in seeing the great final product
Cons
work load depends on the market requirements
Fun Place to Be
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2013
I worked 830 to 430 Monday to Friday, I enjoyed the job and the people there, at times it got a bit much with the drinking during work hours (on lunch breaks) and the constant partying after hours, for a large company to allow this was a bit extreme. I worked on payable s and receivables as well as budgets and general ledger analysis each day. I did enjoy the job
The company culture encouraged personal growth and the overall atmosphere was positive. Management made the effort to interact with all employee's.
OFFICE LEASING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 6, 2012
This company believes in positive relationship building, both with clients/customers, but also very importantly with the people that make-up the company, the employees.
Everyone just likes to hand off their work to you...
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 30, 2012
I've have work for GWL Realty Advisors and some of the people just don't do their work they hand it to you...
There was alot of inappropriate behavior going on in that office.

At first the people thier come off as nice but once you see how they really are you don't want to be around them.

They are very shallow people because I have experienced it first hand and not very polite.!
Pros
monday-friday job, free beverages
Cons
stuck with everyones work, dealing with everyones problems, personal and work, getting yelled at for other peoples mistakes.
Excellent employer
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Downtown, Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2012
GWL Realty Advisors is an excellent emplorer. Management and staff are very friendly.

4.3