Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Corporate Accountant will be responsible for the successful completion of full cycle accounting with specific responsibilities in the areas of general ledger management, financial reporting, budgeting and month end processes. This is a full time salaried position.
Functions and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily accounting processes including posting journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash balance monitoring, and bank deposits.
- Responsible for monthly accounting processes including preparing month end working papers, completing account reconciliations, performing trend analysis, GST/HST compliance and drafting financial statements.
- Assisting the accounting team with creation and maintenance of internal control processes, policies and operating procedures.
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and bookkeeping activities.
- Assist with ongoing projects as required.
- Enrolment in or completion of a designated accounting program (CGA, CMA or CA)
- Minimum five (5) years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of MS Office applications and Simply Accounting an asset
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgement
- Displays a high level of discretion,
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Strong problem identification and resolution, organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
About the Company
Gustavson Capital Corporation is a privately held Canadian company that holds a diverse portfolio of investments.
Please note this is a Victoria, BC based position and a relocation allowance is not available.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Indeed - 14 months ago