Position: Web developer (JQuery Specialist)
Location: Toronto, Downtown (King & Spadina area)
Start Date: Immediately
How to apply: Include resume as MS Word attachment
Compensation: Around 60k/yr + potential bonus + benefits (see below job description for more info)
WEB DEVELOPER - JQUERY SPECIALIST
We’re on the hunt for a talented Web Developer to join our team full-time in downtown Toronto. We are looking for a developer, who has a passion for programming and loves solving interesting development problems. We believe that progressive design, combined with best practices and a focus on user experience is the key to success.
Product and company:
We create web applications for SMBs (small and medium sized businesses). Our apps have strong integrations with other SMB apps, such as QuickBooks and Google Apps. Our flagship product is a web app made specifically for small businesses using QuickBooks accounting software. What sets it apart is its patent-pending accounting synchronization engine, and its ability to be completely customized from head-to-toe.
Lots of opportunity - we're already a successful startup with 1000s of paying users and we just closed a considerable VC-backed funding round - we're about to skyrocket in growth!
As an Ideal candidate:
- You have an excellent grasp over web development using JQuery UI and JQuery Mobile.
- All your development efforts revolve around best practices and optimal user experience.
- You have a realistic approach to timeline and efforts.
- You thrive in a team-based development environment, yet are capable of carrying a module to its logical end single-handed.
- Work in close coordination with technical architect for goals, priorities and timelines.
- You have a good appetite for learning and adopting new technologies, concepts and practices.
- Expert in JQuery, JSON, HTML 5, CSS.
- Ability to work with different frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap and JQuery Mobile.
- Ability to tweak a JQuery UI or write from scratch.
- Follow best practices in JQuery plugin development and coding
- Have used productivity tools like QMock, QUnit, Firebug, JQuery Trace (or other similar tools)
- Good understanding of N-Tier architecture, SVN, Agile methodology and Scrum.
- Strong communication skills.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Previous experience on CRM apps.
- Understanding of accounting or financial applications.
- Fun team environment.
- Small company experience – working for a small company like us gives you deep insight to the inner workings of how a software company operates, as you will be expected to become involved in many discussions: from new product features, to marketing campaigns, to operational policies and procedures! It is the kind of experience you can only get from a small company.
- Great downtown location – We are located right in the heart of Toronto’s young and vibrant ‘King West’ technology hub.
- Great working hours – Our company culture is perfect for those who strive for a good work/life balance.
- Health care and dental plan.
Indeed - 9 months ago
GuruLink provides customized, end-to-end solutions and services that are designed to simplify the recruitment process and make it more...