Title: Systems Analyst - Java
Location: Brampton, On
Compensation: 75-80k/yr +bonus and excellent benefits (see below job description)
SYSTEMS ANALYST - JAVA
Reporting to the Manager of Application Support in the IT Billing Support & Operations team, this Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for the technical analysis, solution coding, unit testing, code deployment and production support of Points Management System modules.
- Provide detailed analysis and carry out design tasks for various functions and subsystems. This includes reviewing and rewriting programs to increase operating efficiency and/or adapts current programs to new requirements.
- Produces design specifications from functional requirements on projects of various sizes.
- Support of production and non-production environments for both projects and application enhancements.
- Develop and unit test all code
- Assist in the creation of test environments and carrying out system testing tasks
- Prepare technical documentation for delivered functions.
- Provide after-hours production on-call support on a rotating schedule
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues in timely manner and within defined SLAs
This position aligns with the company’s Information Technology Solutions Jobs Framework
A career at The Company within the Application Development Job Family will provide you with the following development opportunities;
- Ensure personal, professional development for both technical and soft skills and that of the team; at the more senior levels, train and participate in company and industry working groups; encourage a culture that supports the development of innovative and effective business solutions.
- Technical/systems analysis, design, development, unit testing, system integration testing, implementation and support of software applications, using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Obtain the necessary clarity of the requirements, working with project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders to develop and plan technical strategies; agree upon project priorities and deliver applications that support business requirement, including systems integration testing prior to code release to Quality Assurance.
- A custodian of established architecture, ensuring documented standards and procedures are adhered to and the smooth interpretation applications.
- Solid understanding of the businesses, well-developed people and project management skills.
- 5+ years of experience as a System Analyst with a technical knowledge of Shell Scripting, Java, J2EE, JSP, Apache, Tomcat and Weblogic, Java Scripts, Perl Scripts
- Strong background in Unix
- Preference given towards candidates who possess experience in Loyalty management system; integration and system analysis.
- Strong background in Oracle (PL/SQL queries)
- A 7.5 hour work day and no weekends required.
- Overtime pay even for SALARIED employees, like this position. (Keep in mind they rarely make you work overtime there)
- An Employee Share Accumulation plan (matches 25% first year, 33% second year, 50% third year and each year after)
- A Guaranteed pension plan
- Half price off all of the company’s Products and Services, potential savings of up to $5000 a year.
- Free Parking.
Indeed - 14 months ago
GuruLink provides customized, end-to-end solutions and services that are designed to simplify the recruitment process and make it more...