Title: Software Engineer
Location: Toronto (Yonge & St Claire)
Salary: 65k/yr to 120k/yr + extensive benefits and incentives
Our team members continually exceed expectations; demonstrate a great deal of passion, initiative, creativity, and problem solving skills, while working in a fun, open and honest environment. Our developers will take ownership of major areas of our platform, designing and coding them to meet the growing needs of our business while providing a quality user experience for our users. A flexible and innovative mindset, balanced by solid experience in building scalable and quality web applications is paramount. It’s also important that you are detail oriented with a tendency to over-communicate. We are an Agile shop that uses Scrum to manage our iterations. We are Macs
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software applications.
- Segment and design system layers to support component and layered application development, including user interface, business functionality, and database access.
- Work with your development lead, other developers, product managers, QA, and operation teams to develop solutions that meet the business’ product requirements and deliver good performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Estimate your development efforts, plan implementations, and rollout system changes.
- Meet realistic implementation schedules and adhere to development goals and principles.
- Share release management duties during feature rollouts and share on-call responsibilities.
- Develop industry and product technical expertise.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- BS/BA in CS or related field.
- 6+ years experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications for the internet.
- Significant experience with OOD, transactional services, concurrent programming, asynchronous and event driven systems along with web application development.
- Strong core Java
- Significant experience with Spring Framework in projects that need to scale.
- A passion for elegant architecture, data modeling, problem solving and dealing with scaling issues.
- Extensive experience with Hibernate or JPA and MySQL.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing of service layers.
- Thirst for exploring leading edge technologies.
- Prioritize tasks and deliver according to estimates.
- Be able to have fun!
- Prefer experience with Apache, Tomcat, ActiveMQ, SOLR, MySQL, Linux/Unix, Spring core & MVC, Hibernate or JPA, REST, AJAX, XML, JSON, JQuery and some Java EE.
Indeed - 18 months ago
GuruLink provides customized, end-to-end solutions and services that are designed to simplify the recruitment process and make it more...