Title: Sr Systems Admin
Location: Mississauga, ON (Derry Road & Hwy 401 area)
Compensation: 70k/yr to 90k/yr plus bonus and a lot of benefits (see in green below)
SR SYSTEMS ADMIN
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Hosting Operations the Sr. Systems Administrator plays an important role as part of a growing team that is responsible for building, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting the systems infrastructure that our mission critical SaaS runs on. The hosting operations team is responsible for the uptime and performance of the network, server, storage infrastructure and the applications that run on the infrastructure. The 24/7 critical application runs on top of our completely updated redundant and high performance infrastructure. A standard suite of software and
- As a key member of the infrastructure team, you will directly manage and operate a medium-sized production network across multiple data centers. This includes physical servers, hundreds of VMware 4 and 5 (ESX4, ESXi5, Vsphere 5), Windows Server 2003/2008 r2, SAN storage (EMC – CX4, VNX, NetApp – FAS2040), asset and configuration management.
- routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, SAN's with a mix of vendors. (Juniper EX series switches/router - JUNOS, Juniper SSG series FW – ScreenOS, Cisco switches, Palo Alto PA-500, PA-4200 – PANOS 4, BigIP Viprion blade chassis – version 10, 11).
- In addition to the above, provide direct operational support across all areas of the production infrastructure: servers, VMware(ESX4, ESXi5, Vsphere 5), network, SAN storage (EMC – CX4, VNX, NetApp – FAS2040), asset and configuration management.
- Participate in the impact assessment, business case preparation and selection of tools and devices that will improve our ability to effectively maintain, monitor and troubleshoot our infrastructure.
- Analyze appropriate metrics across all production infrastructure, along with input from customers and the internal development team to understand the impact that an ever expanding customer base and new functionality has on the performance of the company application.
- Given the 24x7 nature of company and its use, this person will be required to work after hours during maintenance windows and provide rotating on-call support for production related systems issues.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years (senior level) relevant work experience in a high availability, clustered server environment and/or in a 24x7 production environment
- Practical experience building and working in an ITIL or ISO based environment with established SLA's and SOP's
- Networking expertise in router, switch and firewall setup, configuration and management
- Windows 2003/2008 Server and Active Directory expertise – design, configuration, management and clustering
- Experience support a multi-data center environment – HP/Dell servers, SAN, NAS, iSCSI, FTP, remote access, backup, ILO/lights out access.
- Proven technical documentation ability with MS Visio (and/or other suitable tools)
- Familiar with scripting and other automation techniques
- Excellent knowledge and experience with at least one of the following technologies:
- VMWare 4 and 5
- F5 Big IP load balancers
- EMC and Netapp SAN
- Knowledge of or exposure to Tomcat and Java applications
- Willing and available for on-call (after hours) rotation, some weekend work for maintenance and understand the obligations of participating on a team that provides 24x7 support
Nice to Have:
- VCP 4 or 5
- Microsoft certification such as MCSE/MCSA for Windows Server 2003/2008 r2 infrastructure
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS INCLUDE:
2% RSP matching
3 weeks vacation (goes to 4 weeks after 5 years)
Excellent healthcare package (kicks in from day 1)
Free massage on site daily
Free lunches 3 days a week
Lots of extras too . . . .
Indeed - 10 months ago
GuruLink provides customized, end-to-end solutions and services that are designed to simplify the recruitment process and make it more...