Job Title: Sr Solutions Architect (J2EE)
Location: Mississauga, On (Near Hurontario & Matheson)
How to apply: Include resume as MS Word attachment
Compensation: $100k/yr to $110k/yr + benefits
SR SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT (J2EE)
- Provides product leadership and direction to ensure the right services and solutions are developed and delivered.
- Engages prior to project approval to develop project based high level / conceptual designs.
- Integrates IT roadmap and future state application architecture into product feature enhancements and projects.
- Exercise sound judgment and resourcefulness in identifying and resolving complex problems, challenging courses of action, assessing and addressing risks, as conditions change throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support projects and initiatives as assigned that support the corporate initiatives and resolve complex or critical system or business process issues.
- Reviews and approves technical recommendations and approaches at predefined checkpoints to assure compliance with product and architecture strategy.
- Builds Product Roadmap and integrates business roadmap and future state in to product feature enhancements and projects.
- Provides functional application expertise to architecture roadmap strategy.
- Identifies and coordinates enterprise impacts to applications and/or architecture.
- Develops and maintains a catalog of systems diagrams.
- Coordinates with SOA, Security, and Data Governance to ensure compliance.
- Coordinates the development of project high-level delivery schedules and budgetary estimates.
- Coordinates functional design alignment through detailed design creation across execution teams.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years’ experience with application software development, architecture and solutioning.
- Experience in large-scale, multi-language, multi-platform, multi-tier processing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Experience/Knowledge of standards, structures and compliance to application standards and methodology.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and provide leadership and mentoring to employees and create a culture that supports high employee morale.
- Strong customer service focus, adaptable, flexible and willing to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Excellent oral and written facilitation and communication skills, including presentations and negotiations to Sr. IT and Business leaders
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and travel requirements.
- Knowledge of the group health insurance (pharmacy, dental, other health) industry or adjudication systems is an asset
MUST HAVE SKILLS!
- J2EE Technologies, JSP, Tag libraries, J2EE Security, AJAX, XML, UML
- Struts framework, Hibernate, Spring
- BEA WebLogic 10 or related technology
- Oracle Databases, PL/SQL
- Unix / Linux
GuruLink provides customized, end-to-end solutions and services that are designed to simplify the recruitment process and make it more...