Title: Sr. Python Software Engineer
Location: Downtown Toronto (Queen & Broadview area)
Salary Range: Attractive base salary (Depending on experience) + lots of extras (see below job description)
SR. PYTHON SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Scouring through jobs looking for more than just another "pretty ok" job at a company that's better than "it'll do"? Our client is an awesome startup, they’re on a roll, and they’re looking for some seriously impressive software developers.
- face exciting, out of the box challenges day in day out -- > From rapidly scaling systems to redesigning large parts of the application, we will never run out of difficult problems to solve. The status quo isn't our style.
- work as part of a team that is focused on continual improvement of their skills and helping each other learn new things.
- be in a workplace that is fun and informal -- a place where you'll actually want to come to work on Monday mornings.
- build something that will make lives of real people easier, not just another social-recommendations-meet-lolcats site. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
- our site is built in Python and Django, and uses Celery and RabbitMQ for background processing and data crunching. We firmly believe we are pushing Django in ways that nobody has before.
Must Have Skills:
- master of Python and other computer languages.
- borderline obsessive about quality of work.
- pride in writing modular, maintainable, simple, and well-documented code.
- comfortable with Linux or Mac OS, feel right at home in the terminal.
- exceptional written and oral communication (you can speak words real good and write pretty ok sometimes too).
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering or equivalent.
An exceptional candidate:
- has worked on or contributed to awesome and challenging projects and has a github/bitbucket profile to prove it
Nice to Have Skills:
- experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems.
- experience working with distributed task queues (like Celery, beanstalkd) or any concurrent programming experience.
Working for this company means. . .
- Work that is challenging, meaningful, fun
- Awesome office with a rooftop deck
- Annual computer allowance so you can work on the computer of your choice
- Full benefits package
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Training & conference subsidy
- Snacks/fruits/drinks/beers in the kitchen
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly hack day for developers
- Gym membership
And a lot more. . . .