Title: Senior .NET Developer/Lead
Location: Downtown Toronto (King & Spadina)
Payrate: $75k/yr to $90k/yr + Full benefits
SENIOR .NET DEVELOPER/LEAD
Our client, a small software company in downtown Toronto, has had great success over the last 10 yrs. in providing Quickbooks-integrated accounting and scheduling software to the SMB market.
Building upon their success and knowledge gained over the last 10 yrs. our client has been building a next generation, Quickbooks-integrated "web 2.0" (whatever that means : )) platform with industry specific applications that can be customized from head-to-toe. Users can create their own screens, tables, fields, actions and customer portals using a simple drag and drop interface. Best of all this system interfaces with all your Quickbooks accounting data real-time.
Having just finished a year-long beta for the new product and entering full release just this month our client already has an established client base, and a great reputation in the industry. They are looking for an intelligent, and driven senior software developer with strong leadership experience/capabilities and strong understanding of software architecture to work alongside the owner to help drive the future evolution of the product.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Lead and motivate small teams to build great software
- Lead your team with passion and purpose
- Contribute to the overall software architecture
- Be the resident expert on anything and everything .NET, and ideally be a bit of a technology hobbyist
- Suggest and implement new technologies and methodologies
- Engage in healthy banter regarding product evolution, processes improvements, etc.
- Be a product evangelist
- Have fun and build great stuff
- 5+ yrs. experience with .NET development, with a focus on ASP.NET and web-based applications
- Expert level knowledge of VB.NET or C#
- 3+ yrs. experience building web services, and strong application integration experience
- 5+ yrs. of SQL Server experience
- Strong understanding of software architecture and the SDLC
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience developing accounting software, and/or products in a SaaS environment
- Experience with formal processes and methodologies (ie. Agile)
- Experience in a start-up environment