Title: Retail Systems Technical Lead
Location: Brampton, On
Compensation: 95-110k/yr +bonus and excellent benefits (see below job description)
RETAIL & CRM SYSTEMS TECHNICAL LEAD
Our client is seeking a Sr Technical Lead - to provide overall application technology leadership to Retail and Customer Systems teams. Reporting to the Director Customer Systems and Support Applications this individual will apply their extensive application and systems technology expertise to ensure the Retail systems technology direction supports the business operations strategy and objectives.
- Contributes to the development of firm and industry standards and supports adoption of best practices.
- Oversees the technical design, development and implementation of multiple, complex, corporate-wide systems; manages multiple development projects, development groups and/or application support functions for a major business segment.
- Works closely with third party technology vendors to trouble shoot complex technical issues and/or align the future technologies to Our client needs.
- Extends awareness of risks associated with application development and potential impacts, incorporating risk planning and mitigation.
- Works closely with client departments in development and implementation of application programs; monitors and improves quality; contributes to the development of client strategies at the project level.
- Gains firm recognition as an expert at the ITS level.
- Understands industry trends and practices for areas of domain expertise.
- Determines staffing requirements, allocations and selects team members; directs, motivates and develops staff, encouraging individual contributions as well as teamwork.
A career at Our client within the Application Development Job Family will provide you with the following development opportunities:
- Technical/systems analysis, design, development, unit testing, system integration testing, implementation and support of software applications, using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- A custodian of established architecture, ensuring documented standards and procedures are adhered to and the smooth interpretation applications.
- Obtain the necessary clarity of the requirements, working with project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders to develop and plan technical strategies; agree upon project priorities and deliver applications that support business requirement, including systems integration testing prior to code release to Quality Assurance.
- Ensure personal, professional development for both technical and soft skills and that of the team; at the more senior levels, train and participate in company and industry working groups; encourage a culture that supports the development of innovative and effective business solutions.
- Solid understanding of the businesses, well-developed people and project management skills.
Experience & Education:
- Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate degree, preferred.
- 8+ year's equivalent experience.
- Retail Systems
- Store operations technologies (cash, banking electronic payments, scanners, printers)
- Inventory Management Systems
- Mobile Technologies
- Systems integration - SOA
- Business Functional Knowledge
- Business Process Knowledge
- Core Application Systems
- Operational Functions
- Foundation Architecture Knowledge
- ITS Development
- Programming Languages
- Analytical Thinking
- Oral and Written Communications
- Problem Solving
- A 7.5 hour work day and no weekends required.
- Overtime pay even for SALARIED employees, like this position. (Keep in mind they rarely make you work overtime there)
- An Employee Share Accumulation plan (matches 25% first year, 33% second year, 50% third year and each year after)
- A Guaranteed pension plan
- Half price off all of the company’s products and services, potential savings of up to $5000 a year.
- Free Parking.